• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony Santa Monica also makes games quick, lets not forget they had a game cancelled that was finished in between Ascension and GoW

Aug 26, 2019
Insomniac released those 3 Spider-Man DLCs pretty quickly though

And collectively, there was a decent amount of content for 3-4 months of development.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Does anyone have a time frame on when we think ps5 reveal event will be
Will they just drop a trailer like the switch?

No way Sony would just trailer drop for their next console.

They may announce their announcement event on really short notice though. "Next week we're having a special event to talk about the next Playstation!" and then drop the bombs at that.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No way Sony would just trailer drop for their next console.

They may announce their announcement event on really short notice though. "Next week we're having a special event to talk about the next Playstation!" and then drop the bombs at that.
I don't think it will be that short of a notice as media will need to attend the event to cover it.

Oct 1, 2019
Look, I get it, I too want adquisitions, but if Sony was shopping around we would hear rumblings. The soonest we can hope to hear about possible adquisitions IMO will be:

*Sales numbers released for Demons' Souls Remake by Bluepoint
*Reviews impress for Housemarque's AAA debut
*A Sony-Remedy team up generates a lot of buzz
I also doubt Sony would acquire studios soon, but I don't remember any rumblings right before the Insomniac acquisition.
We're already reaching a point where, if Sony doesn't acquire them, another company will surely do
Yeah. This is very risky for Sony. Studios are getting acquired left and right. This thread will have a meltdown if Bluepoint or Housemarque gets acquired by other companies.
So is Sony doing anything for the 25th anniversary of PlayStation?
Nope.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
SIE Worldwide Studios |OT6| For The Children

I'm gonna be working during the PlayStation awards. 😭 This what I get for working Overnights.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
People also need to remember that studios had to port their engines (or create from scratch) in the transition from PS3 to PS4. PS5 hardware in its base will be a super-super charged PS4, this will help the development time a lot.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I also doubt Sony would acquire studios soon, but I don't remember any rumblings right before the Insomniac acquisition.

Yeah. This is very risky for Sony. Studios are getting acquired left and right. This thread will have a meltdown if Bluepoint or Housemarque gets acquired by other companies.

Nope.
I'm sure that there is a select group of 2nd parties that if Sony heard whispers of possibly being adquired by a competitor, Sony would surely pounce. Housemarque and Bluepoint are on there, i'm sure. RAD and Sanzaru on the other hand...

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony Santa Monica also makes games quick, lets not forget they had a game cancelled that was finished in between Ascension and GoW
The cancelled game was development for around 3 years and was cancelled at the end of pre-production. Definitely wasn't finished. They were also a 2 team studio at that time with one team working on the cancelled title and the other team working on Ascension, so it's not as if the same devs squeezed in a whole other game between Ascension and GoW 2018.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at the PII website, and saw some pictures that i'd never seen before. They're all from the preview event demo, but still new to me at least

tloupii_demo_screen_0kfjxq.jpg

tloupii_demo_screen_0xhkcv.jpg

tloupii_demo_screen_0w1jb9.jpg

tloupii_demo_screen_08bj5j.jpg

This one is really cool as it's the first clear shot of exactly how her tattoo is covering her bite

tloupii_demo_screen_00tk74.jpg

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Some PS Now games for Dec have been added (really hope they aren't the only ones)
  • PUBG for 3 months (91 days)
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for 1 year (364 days)
  • F1 2019 for 1 year (364 days)

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Some PS Now games for Dec have been added (really hope they aren't the only ones)
  • PUBG for 3 months (91 days)
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for 1 year (364 days)
  • F1 2019 for 1 year (364 days)
If these are the only games appearing they're probably the only additions. Also really disappointing that a game as old as Wolfenstein isn't just a permanent addition. Also, I'm definitely expecting some heavy hitters in January since God of War, Uncharted 4 and GTA5 will be leaving.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
If these are the only games appearing they're probably the only additions. Also really disappointing that a game as old as Wolfenstein isn't just a permanent addition. Also, I'm definitely expecting some heavy hitters in January since God of War, Uncharted 4 and GTA5 will be leaving.
Probably Spidey, HZD and some third party will replace those big three

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'm not sure if we're getting both HZD and Spidey, if Sony is giving 2 heavy 1st party hitters every 3 months they'll run out and if that happens the new additions will be disappointing. HZD in January, Spider-Man in April if I had to guess.
Once they run out of heavy hitters they can just recycle the older ones

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
The Last of Us is easily my pick for Game of the Decade. Part 2 is going to blow minds.

I hope it is another mass effect 2 moment to kick off the 2020 decade. A crowning achievement people chase for the next decade to

Started Concrete Genie and I am absolutely hooked. Sad its so short, this could easily be a few more hours long.

I thought it ended up being nicely contained overall. I could see an anthology style game where it was longer in different places, but I thought this was good for what its end goals were.

Guys will we ever get another Sony 2016 e3 conference ? In my whole 33 years of gaming that will be one gaming event I will remember for the rest of my life. It was something on another level

Even if we did, folks would complain they revealed stuff too early. Lol

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Am I the only one not really liking the way they are treating PS Now?

It's nice to have more big games, but the time limit is very, very strange for such a service. The amount of games added monthly is also negligible compared to what MS has been doing.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019

It's nice to have more big games, but the time limit is very, very strange for such a service. The amount of games added monthly is also negligible compared to what MS has been doing.
PSNow is fine for now. It won't get more investment until PS5 is fully revealed.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

How is it strange what service like this you know has permanent stuff?

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019

that's the thing. They don't have to do what MS is doing.
games except for their first party games don't stay in game pass forever.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Obviously it's expected that not every 3rd party game will be there until the end of time, but already putting a date when they'll leave the service, sometimes after just 3 months is just laughable. C'mon man, a game like inFAMOUS: Second Son is almost 6 years old and it's first party, that should indeed be there permanently. Wolfenstein: The New Blood was released May 2015, you really wanna convince people that both those games are still selling a noteworthy amount of copies?

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
PS Now fails at the fundamental rules of justifying its subscription today: you can't purchase the subscription with a fundamental understanding of what content will knowingly come regularly to keep you interested.

Every time I want to support it, I don't want this bs of a service where I can't even guarantee a PlayStation developed & published title will exist on it.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
that's the thing. They don't have to do what MS is doing.
games except for their first party games don't stay in game pass forever.

I know they don't have to copy Microsoft, but at least they could do something comparable in quality.

I'm one of those who agree that Sony doesn't need to put 1st Party games right at launch, but if they're going to add a game, they should try to keep it in the service for at least 1 or 2 years. It's interesting that they can keep a PS Plus game forever in your account if you keep paying, but not on PS Now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nope, I'm with you. Like you said, it's nice to have the bigger games but the time limit is strange to say the least.

If anything, maybe they can just increase the time limit so the games are there for longer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.