• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Just received a mail from Sony with a code for Happy Holidays 2019 theme.

And a 10% PS Store discount code :D

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
This. Where the fuck is Knack?

Our Lord and Savior Knack is in the bottom left.

Think about it dude, how the hell was the artist supposed to make a Nissan Skyline look pissed off and ready to kill? Doi!

Put a Suzuki Escudo in there with a lot of smoke and dirt, he would look pissed :P

4016.jpg

Look at that angry bad boy.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Kiryu started on PlayStation.

It took more than 10 years until Yakuza 0 took off and getting the attention the series deserves.

Also, between those years, SEGA keeping the faith to localized it.

Bless them.

And yeah, the series also deserved in 25 years of history, in my opinion.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

It took more than 10 years until Yakuza 0 took off and getting the attention the series deserves.

Bless them.

And yeah, the series also deserved in 25th years of history, in my opinion.
Yeah, if it weren't for the porting happening this past year for the series, I'd say there would be no doubt he's a PSX icon. Still, if it weren't for the Playstation the series would probably not exist (according to Nagoshi) so yeah, well deserved for sure.

Oct 24, 2019
It pains me to see Spyro and Crash on that cover, knowing that they're not part of the Sony family anymore. They belong with Sony, it just feels weird for them to be at Activision.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
It pains me to see Spyro and Crash on that cover, knowing that they're not part of the Sony family anymore. They belong with Sony, it just feels weird for them to be at Activision.

Yes and no I suppose. Activision's crappy microtransactions and shady tactics is unfortunate. But at least they do something with Spyro and Crash, Sony is unfortunately pretty bad right now with using their old properities which could've happened to Spyro and Crash as well if they were owned by Sony.

Oct 24, 2019
Yes and no I suppose. Activision's crappy microtransactions and shady tactics is unfortunate. But at least they do something with Spyro and Crash, Sony is unfortunately pretty bad right now with using their old properities which could've happened to Spyro and Crash as well if they were owned by Sony.

I'm happy with the remakes we've gotten from Activision, but that's just them copying Naughty Dog/Insomniac's old homework. I'm dubious that they can make new games that retain the magic of the originals, but we'll see since I was pleasantly surprised by their hands-off approach to Sekiro.

However, if Spyro and Crash were under the Sony umbrella, we definitely would have still seen remakes/new games for them. Ratchet is still going strong, and Crash and Spyro had just as much juice as him, no way Sony would've neglected two of Playstation's founding pillars. Plus Sony loves remakes -- Spyro/Crash definitely would have gotten the nod before something like MediEvil (though I'm glad we got that too).

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

Bless them.

And yeah, the series also deserved in 25 years of history, in my opinion.

Well Sega sure didn't keep the faith after Yakuza 4 that's for sure.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy with the remakes we've gotten from Activision, but that's just them copying Naughty Dog/Insomniac's old homework. I'm dubious that they can make new games that retain the magic of the originals, but we'll see since I was pleasantly surprised by their hands-off approach to Sekiro.

However, if Spyro and Crash were under the Sony umbrella, we definitely would have still seen remakes/new games for them. Ratchet is still going strong, and Crash and Spyro had just as much juice as him, no way Sony would've neglected two of Playstation's founding pillars. Plus Sony loves remakes -- Spyro/Crash definitely would have gotten the nod before something like MediEvil (though I'm glad we got that too).

It would definitely be interesting to see what would've happened with Crash and Spyro during their dry periods between the PS1 hay days to the remakes on PS4 if Sony owned them.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Knack over Ape Escape in the cover art is going to send some people in this thread into a frenzy. Kat should have gotten Tifa's spot though.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well Sega sure didn't keep the faith after Yakuza 4 that's for sure.
What do you mean? Sega made sure to localise Dead Souls after 4! ... oh... Amazing how that almost completely torpedoed the series outside of Japan, its no minor miracle (and thanks to folks in Sony) that even gave a chance to getting 5 released. Though I do still wonder how it did on PS3, seeing as Sega then took a gamble on 0 getting localised and it somehow finding an audience over here finally. This gen has been amazing for the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.