• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2017
Lots of great details from the Jak stream. They said that they inserted a fail safe into the game so that if a player was able to get ahead of the assets that were streaming from the disc they would make Jak trip so that the streaming could catch up.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Seems Falcom will remain multiplat, given the recent comments about Switch trends and with CSIII no longer being console exclusive either.

Another studio to take off the acquisition list~~~

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
What do you mean? Sega made sure to localise Dead Souls after 4! ... oh... Amazing how that almost completely torpedoed the series outside of Japan, its no minor miracle (and thanks to folks in Sony) that even gave a chance to getting 5 released. Though I do still wonder how it did on PS3, seeing as Sega then took a gamble on 0 getting localised and it somehow finding an audience over here finally. This gen has been amazing for the series.

Yeah you right Dead Souls really was the last straw. But they were banking on the zombies thing because the Yakuza main game sales were bad, so I guess even if the zombie game didn't existed the same thing would have happen.

And now we have the full collection on PS4, how crazy is that?

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Seems Falcom will remain multiplat, given the recent comments about Switch trends and with CSIII no longer being console exclusive either.

Another studio to take off the acquisition list~~~
Falcom is not and has never been multiplat, they are developing only for Playstation.
NISA is in charge of the Switch port.

Aside from our fanboy dreams, Falcom has also never been on any serious acquisition list.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
hate to break it to you, but its still more than 5 months
598106776352587776.gif

Normandy7

Oct 19, 2019
Playstation has provided some of the greatest experiences in entertainment, pioneered new tech and genres, cultivated a world class stable of studios and shaped gaming to what it is today. Here's to another incredible 25 years of gaming. Oh, and some new footage of Ghost of Tsushima wouldn't go amiss!

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So Assassins creed black flag + season pass is cheaper than gold edition

Do both have the same dlcs/content?

I only mainly care for SP content so freedom cry and the exclusive PlayStation Aveline dlc

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody:

Absolutely Nobody:

Me: "SPYRO IS BETTER THAN CRASH EVER WAS WHY DOES HE GET RELEGATED TO THE BACKGROUND WHILE CRASH IS IN THE FRONT- *continues sobbing into a corner at the injustice of the world*

Oct 27, 2017
Here is a tweet anyone should bring everytime someone talk about how PS4 will never reach PS2 sales. Sure it won't in units, but guess what, the PS4 already brought more money than the PS2 in the US (and most likely worldwide). This is due of course to the difference in price between the systems.

And that's only about hardware. Factoring the services (PS Plus) the PS4 ecosystem is on another planet revenue wise.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Been with Playstation for 22 glorious years, still remember the game that finally made me beg my parents for one, Tekken 3. And after that it led me to discover many incredible and unique exclusives. I'm far more optimistic for the next gen PS than I ever was for PS3 or PS4. To really celebrate the 25th anniversary I really hope they confirm BC with every PS at the PS5 event next year.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Here is a tweet anyone should bring everytime someone talk about how PS4 will never reach PS2 sales. Sure it won't in units, but guess what, the PS4 already brought more money than the PS2 in the US (and most likely worldwide). This is due of course to the difference in price between the systems.

And that's only about hardware. Factoring the services (PS Plus) the PS4 ecosystem is on another planet revenue wise.

Yeah that's a fantastic result
Even profit wise, PS4 is at another level

FY18 alone makes more profits than entire PS2 generation
FY19 profits alone will almost equal PS2 generation profits

Even if we can take into account that PS2 profits were partially eaten by R&D of PS3 and PSP at the times

Oct 25, 2017

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Nobody:

Me:Sony should ask SEGA for the VF IP and make VF6 for the PS5 launch. Visuals, frame-rate, fan goodwill would go a long way. Might even sell a couple million units being a launch title, and could help PS keep the FGC community in the pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.