• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
79144562_10158064945531803_1913172480260833280_o.jpg

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
First of all, the purpose of reporting news is to inform readers, not to boost one's Twitter following. No matter what I choose or don't choose to report, that will always be the case. Second of all, I am not planning on writing an article about every single video game coming to the PS5. Y'all need to actually listen to what I said on the podcast instead of raging over bullet-point summaries of a long and free-flowing conversation.

For the record, this what Jason said:

Jason Schreier said:
"I would say most [games are being made cross-gen] from what I've heard. Certainly all the third-party stuff. I'd imagine that something like Assassin's Creed: Kingdom, the Viking Assassin's Creed, is definitely going to be on PS4, Xbox One, Scarlett, PS5---that's the type of game that will be on everything---Stadia---which I imagine is such a pain in the ass for those engineers to have to suddenly ship on seven SKUs at once, it's crazy. And then I've heard some of the PS5 launch titles. I won't say them yet because I'm probably going to try to do some sort of report on that stuff in the future, but those will be PS5-only. Some of the stuff I've heard about that is PS5-only. I haven't heard anything about Xbox first-party games, but I'm sure their stuff is going to be on as much stuff as usual. Actually they already said Halo: Infinite is going to be cross-gen, so Microsoft I'm sure will be much less about exclusives."

In the future, when citing podcasts, videos, etc. it's nice to take a minute to write up the actual quote. Quotes are kewl.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
Why Sony doesn't make a God of War spinoffs like Darksiders Genesis? it could be really great and bridge the gab story wise (what happened after GoW3? what happened between GoW and GoW2 etc..)

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
In fact, there is also likely to predict the return of Ape Escape during this State Of Play because I do not know if you forgot but last June an image had teased the potential return of the license.

Added to that is the fact that Japan Studio has to announce its new game this year, they said last year.

D9to8e-QUIAAefiq-jpg-large-e1561332072778-1280x720.jpg

This was just a little tribute for the 20th Anniversary.

Never supposed to tease anything.

For Japan Studio, this is one of the games pushed on PS5 that Zhuge talk about not long ago, so, nothing this year !

Last edited:

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope stuff like Nioh 2 is there. It's weird when a game associated with Sony have a trailer released close to SoP instead of being shown there.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah it's great. So stylish too.

And when I thought the music couldn't get any better, the game introduces this one near the end.

I also really liked how different it feels compared to other turned based rpgs, with the daily stuff and confidants.
Yeah that one is great
I don't particularly like turn-based RPG but this one with its stylish animation make the game more dynamic
The daily stuff and Confident is well done

The ones I love the most

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That PS5 only content is an incredible development. Worthy of it's own thread in my opinion. Also I found this on instagram.

ELIWRk1XsAEmkFL

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
No way Ghost will get any delays after it has been internally delayed twice because of TLoU, it should have come much sooner if that didn't happen.
And I'm sure that could well be the case. But it'd still be foolish to announce it so far out assuming its not due for the best part of the year - in which a lot can change. I'm sure TLOU2 seemed like a safe bet what with them publicly announcing it as they did, and that didn't even last a month... Things can change, and I wouldn't complain myself because if it means the game ends up better for it, it'd be a good thing ultimately.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Could Ghost of Tsushima get a release date?
0 chance in my opinion. Around the time of God of War they started to get really careful about announcing release dates too early because they wanna avoid delays, and even then they still fucked up with The Last of Us Part II which will probably cause Sony to become even more careful. Just look at when other Sony AAA games got their original release dates announced:
  • God of War: April 20th release date announced on January 23rd (3 months)
  • Spider-Man: September 7th release date announced on April 4th (5 months)
  • Death Stranding: November 8th release date announced on May 29th (5 months and 1 week)
  • The Last of Us Part II: February 21st release date announced on September 24th (5 months), later delayed
So going by their recent AAA games Sony announces the release dates for their games about 5 months or so before release. The Last of Us Part II is late May and Sony probably isn't gonna release 2 AAA games very close to each other, so I'd say late July or early August at the very earliest. Go back 5 months and we're in February/March for the release date announcement, which would be the PS5 reveal event.

Last edited:

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima confirmed to be great! :)

Here at Sucker Punch we're hard at work on Ghost of Tsushima —it's going to be great, by the way—and we're looking for an experienced lead to build our QA team. You will be responsible for hiring and managing a small team, creating test procedures, automating process, and helping us navigate the arduous road leading to a great game.

Sucker Punch Productions is looking for a Senior Lighting artist with a minimum 5 years of experience and a solid understanding of current run-time rendering technologies.

We're looking for an Encounter Designer who knows how to meld interesting layouts and challenging enemies into compelling game encounters. If you've shipped an action or stealth title where you helped make awesome encounters, please get in touch!

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
we're so blessed in not only having these top tier video game journalists who know so much but also the fact that said journalists have podcasts they talk on from time to time

keeps the info cycle life line alive and makes things way more easier as well as exciting

Oct 25, 2017
we're so blessed in not only having these top tier video game journalists who know so much but also the fact that said journalists have podcasts they talk on from time to time

keeps the info cycle life line alive and makes things way more easier as well as exciting
It's definitely more fun this way.

Since Sony's approach to next-gen is about better accessibility, I wonder if they aim to provide same kind of user experience as Stadia: start playing on one device and continue playing on another device. Like I'd appreciate it if I could play any game on PS5 locally and then continue playing it over the cloud on another device via PS Now.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have no time of reference for game development.

But.. as they are just now gathering a team for QA and still hiring encounter designer, I guess we won't see GoT in the 1st half of 2020?
Nope. IIRC there were reports it got pushed back with TLOU2. I wouldn't expect it till early September (Spider-Man slot).

Oct 25, 2017
For me, I'm struggling with Death Stranding.

I just got to chapter 6, and turning my PS4 on to play this is just a fucking chore. I want to play it for the cool flashback parts and to learn more about the world, but when they are like "Ok, now go here and here and here and here and connect them to the chiral network", I'm just like "I DON'T WANT TO PLAY THIS ANYMORE"

But at the same time, there is like 5% of the game I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to play and see. I just have to play this game in small half hour chunks before I completely burn out.

I almost started a youtube video that just goes through all the cutscenes but I stopped myself at the very last second. Something is still keeping me from completely writing the game off.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Since Sony's approach to next-gen is about better accessibility, I wonder if they aim to provide same kind of user experience as Stadia: start playing on one device and continue playing on another device. Like I'd appreciate it if I could play any game on PS5 locally and then continue playing it over the cloud on another device via PS Now.
oh maybe I can see that

something about seamless gaming could be more then just load times

as long as it is on Sony's software (PS NOW)

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Because a lot of people want Sony to develop one, but because people have repeatedly expressed their desire to see it happen, it's become a point of consternation with some.

If you ask me, Sony's long overdue their own Final Fantasy/Persona.

They've never really had one?

I wouldn't be surprised if Jason is hit with a cease and desist from SIE if he really is hell bent on releasing all of the info he has on future PS IP. It is standard procedure for journalists to ask for comment before they run articles of that nature. In fact, it's part of the journalists code of ethics.

I'm starting to see why gaming journalists are often dismissed by their more traditional counterparts. I suspect that there is a lot of money put into marketing and reveals of ip. And as much as I want some info on exclusives I too agree with Barlog about unspoiled reveals.

Wow...

Remote Play?

Oct 25, 2017
That was 1 year ago... Things sometimes moved...

Don't you seen Zhuge sayin' that it remains couples of unnanounced PS4 games and Sony was thinking about making them PS5 or not ?

This is one of them... And they pushed it for PS5
Which definitely makes sense.

The Japan Studio game has a better chance selling at the beginning of the PS5 gen.
PS5 gets a more unique game as soon as the gen starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.