• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Please bookmark this thread to reply to anyone who in any future thread is "surprised" at Ubi games doing well and expects/expected them to not do well because they play other games.

OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Confused why they're screwing around with their PC strategy when it has done so well.

They are not screwing, EGS is bringing more people to uPlay, that's what Ubisoft wants.

The Division 2 selling 10x time better than The Division is not a coincidence.

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
Never been a fan of ubisoft games really but Odyssey was so great that I went for Division based on good word of mouth and I am really enjoying it after 10+ hours.

The new Ghost Recon will probably reel me in too now that it is launching with PvP.

They are definitely on a hot streak.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Confused why they're screwing around with their PC strategy when it has done so well.
They are making even more money off mtx in their GaaS titles now that all mtx money (even if the copy was bought on EGS) goes to Ubi instead of 20% of every mtx going to steam for steam ver of Ubi games. They may have lost some sales by not being on steam but Ubi is big enough with IPs that have their own recognition that they can bypass it and the net result is higher profit.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
AC Odyssey is one of the more pleasant surprises this generation for me having had no experience or interest in the series previously. Phenomenal game.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always puzzled by modern Ubi's success. Their current single player offerings - Far Cry, AC:O x2, The Crew, Steep - are mediocre to good, but pale in comparison to the games they used to create - Prince of Persia SOT, Splinter Cell 1-3, Beyond Good and Evil - and yet they are blowing those away sales-wise. I think it's a clear demonstration that the actual quality of the gameplay is not what is driving their success anymore, but rather a focus on an overwhelming amount of content regardless of quality, in conjunction with monetization tactics like DLC, aggressive physical and digital sales, and microtransactions. It's just as much an observation about the modern player as it is Ubi itself.

Personally, this is a problematic trend, but I'm always in the minority in Ubi threads, which seem to be chock full of people who feel they're the greatest publisher functioning at it's peak.

Oct 25, 2017
Just because I find it insteresting, those were Ubi's Sales by Platform 10 years ago
OoUDuPi.png

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Ubisoft getting paid by Epic to move over customers to uPlay is one of the greatest hustles in the history of gaming.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I booted up Wildlands again last night to play through some of the new content and I realized that outside of Xbox first party stuff, almost everything I play is from Ubisoft now. Crazy.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
They are not screwing, EGS is bringing more people to uPlay, that's what Ubisoft wants.

The Division 2 selling 10x time better than The Division is not a coincidence.

Division 2 didn't sell better than Division . It just sold more on UPlay compared to Division 1.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1128704660649512961

Game wasn't released on Steam so only place where you could buy it is UPLay or Epic Store. And Epic Store is basically UPlay version. So guess what happens when you remove one choice.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Just need to see who we're getting as a main character for the next AC game and I'm there. Ubi are just rolling in money.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
The story of Siege is just incredible, that game looked dead in the water just a few months after release but damn did they turn that ship around.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Proof that investing more in your games post launch is worth it.

Can't wait to see what the '3 unannounced AAA' games are.

Bartis

Dec 30, 2017
Formidable numbers, well deserved. Their quality is consistent, I buy nearly every game from Ubisoft. No matter the genre. Really curious what's coming next.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Why is Siege not considered their highest-selling game? There's no way FC5 had more than 45mil.
Is it because they are counting free-weekends or something? Still I thought last I saw Siege had sold something around 25 mil copies. I'm sure FC5 is there highest selling game this gen because, duh they said so.

I'm just trying to make sense of how they got there and why it isn't Siege?

Commodore64

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me happy. Business wise spending money on a already released game is risky. I'm glad that they're getting a return on that investment and we're getting good videogames.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
Happy for King Yves. Ubisoft are definitely my favorite Western big third party publisher.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Wow, so that many people wanted to avoid the Epic Game Store and went straight to uPlay instead?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Siege succeeded because they had an amazing game design foundation that couldn't be hidden by any issues and those issues were resolved with continual post-launch support.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Siege succeeded because they had an amazing game design foundation that couldn't be hidden by any issues and those issues were resolved with continual post-launch support.
Yep.
People act as if they changed the game and made it something it wasn't when the foundation of the game was always unique and is still unique even after all these years.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
I kinda already want a sequel to siege.

Guess it ain't happening anytime soon.
Nope, it won't happen anytime soon + I don't want it to happen anytime soon either
If they're still chasing their target of releasing 100 operators, then I'll support them to see that
After it if they wanna go ahead and make Siege 2, I'll support them also.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
EA made $5.10b in revenue, that's more than 2x Ubisoft revenue

It's Activision Blizzard > EA > Ubisoft revenue wise.
The output quality difference between Ubisoft and the other two is so incredibly large that I feel pretty comfortable calling Ubisoft the moral and commercial current king of gaming.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Best third party AAA Publisher/Dev in the business right now, no contest

Surprised to hear División 2 sold below expectations. Did Destiny 2's launch and Anthem scorch the ground for loot-based shooters?

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always puzzled by modern Ubi's success. Their current single player offerings - Far Cry, AC:O x2, The Crew, Steep - are mediocre to good, but pale in comparison to the games they used to create - Prince of Persia SOT, Splinter Cell 1-3, Beyond Good and Evil - and yet they are blowing those away sales-wise. I think it's a clear demonstration that the actual quality of the gameplay is not what is driving their success anymore, but rather a focus on an overwhelming amount of content regardless of quality, in conjunction with monetization tactics like DLC, aggressive physical and digital sales, and microtransactions. It's just as much an observation about the modern player as it is Ubi itself.

Personally, this is a problematic trend, but I'm always in the minority in Ubi threads, which seem to be chock full of people who feel they're the greatest publisher functioning at it's peak.

The games they make just get better and better at giving gamers that good ol dopamine via compulsive button pushing, and if that is how one defines 'good gameplay', they are better than ever.