• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtuaRacer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking at the IFA technology show in Berlin. A bit of a non answer on cross-play:
On cross-platform, our way of thinking is always that PlayStation is the best place to play. Fortnite, I believe, partnered with PlayStation 4 is the best experience for users, that's our belief, but actually, we already opened some games as cross-platform with PC and some others, so we decide based on what is the best user experience. That is our way of thinking for cross-platform. I think competition is always good. Healthy, fair competition is always good for the industry and growth, I think competition with Nintendo and Xbox is a healthy situation.

On VR:
Virtual reality is a completely unique experience and still evolving. VR is still in the very early stage and one potential evolution of VR is mixed reality. One of the issues with VR is that you can't see outside, it's a little bit dangerous - you have to sit down to use it. Also, (there is) VR motion sickness. So there is a lot of room of room to improve in VR experiences and you will see the change and the improvement.

Via The independent

Status
Not open for further replies.