• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Hell yes, guess I'll be jumping in.
Sadly, I bet some weird people will be upset by this on the socials.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Good news, it sounded like difficulty was the main barrier for enjoyment for the more critical reviews, so if that's addressed that's fantastic.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Great news. I understand that as a small team they had to prioritize things, happy to hear they're still putting in the effort for improving the game like this.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet. I'll try to play it on standard but if I struggle it's nice to know I can play it on an easier difficulty. It really sucks when you pay for a game you can't beat.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that harder mode gives you one life for the entire game. That would be hard indeed. Super fun game to learn its systems though.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Great news. Difficulty can be an important factor for accessibility, so it's good that they're introducing an option that will give more players the ability to play and enjoy the game.

Elden Ring next please.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
This is good even though I am one to grind through the standard difficulty and hardest ones.
Glad they made a game that expects so much from its players and systems but there's nothing wrong with making an easier option for some people that want it.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Okay.

I think I'm going to shelve it for now because my wrist is about to explode and my hand is going to fall off.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Good, game's difficulty is belligerent and tiresome. Shelved it already so I'll play it when the Easy mode hits and see if it's any less infuriating.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Mechanically Sifu looks like 100% my jam, and I enjoy challenging, even brutal but rewarding games. However I'm starting to accept that I just don't respond to the roguelike design/gameplay loop - falling off Hades, Returnal, Othercide, pretty much every genre entry I've been intrigued by going back to Galak-Z.

Denito

Dec 30, 2020
Mechanically Sifu looks like 100% my jam, and I enjoy challenging, even brutal but rewarding games. However I'm starting to accept that I just don't respond to the roguelike design/gameplay loop - falling off Hades, Returnal, Othercide, pretty much every genre entry I've been intrigued by going back to Galak-Z.
While I totally understand that you have your gaming preferences, I think calling Sifu a roguelike is a misnomer. This game does not have any procedural generated content at all, nor does it technically force you to play the game from the beginning (you can immediately restart any level you've been to at the youngest age you managed to get there). There are certainly incentives for replaying earlier levels/starting a new run (clearing a level at a younger age, picking up different power ups, going for the true ending/trophies or just practicing against certain enemy types or having fun) but for me, this is more akin to classic beat 'em ups where you also had a handful of levels and had to replay from the beginning every time you lost your continues rather than roguelikes (and I'm a huge fan of the roguelike genre).
I don't want to persuade you into playing the game since I'm pretty sure you know best what kind of games you're going to like, but I just wanted to give my two cents about that misnomer that's been going around :) Cheers!

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent news, I might get it now. I don't have the time for hard games.

I had difficulty in Kena on normal and had to switch to story mode for some bosses.

If Elden Ring gets something similar I will buy it.

Bionic-Boost

May 12, 2018
Beginner/easy mode is awesome for accessibility and to introduce more people to this amazing game.

Me personally excited for the harder difficulty hope they add more of them super saiyan guys and one day we get an endless/horde mode.

Mik3F

Oct 28, 2017
Hope its out pretty soon, want to play this more but have to say that I am struggling a little

Jul 24, 2018
Awesome, I'll keep playing with the current difficulty ss I like how aggressive the enemies are forcing me to play with sll of my skills. Wish from would do the same for Eden Ring as well :]

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they introduce a mode where the enemies behave the same but the party window is way more lenient.