Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition Trailer (Fan Mod) [Feb 13, 2020 - Update 4 now released!]

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
I had no idea the pc version is somewhat rare nowadays. I’m glad I got it instead of the ps2 version back then, for some reasons I honestly can’t remember

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else experiencing crashes in the transition to the latest update? For some reason my game won't load the opening menu after playing the preface credits lol

To clarify, the updated FMVs are easy enough to install, but somehow the direct X functionality is being broken, or somewhere my settings are "distorted". Before the V4 Enhancement Module and Essential Files, everything works, haha. I'm sure its my video card not talking to some kind of script correctly, because the opening cinematics play in correct aspect ratio, etc. Would ReShade conflict as well if it wasn't the most up to date version?

Edit: And fixed! And if anyone ever runs into such an interesting dilemma, I ensured my files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\SILENT HILL 2\

Last edited:

Deltahedron

Aug 23, 2018
What sort of AA options will be implemented?
We're aiming for Multi Sample Anti-Aliasing (MSAA).

Anyone else experiencing crashes in the transition to the latest update? For some reason my game won't load the opening menu after playing the preface credits lol

To clarify, the updated FMVs are easy enough to install, but somehow the direct X functionality is being broken, or somewhere my settings are "distorted".

Edit: And fixed! And if anyone ever runs into such an interesting dilemma, I ensured my files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\SILENT HILL 2\
I'm glad you figured it out. Can you please explain in more detail what the issue was? I'd like to get a better understanding, in hopes to help troubleshoot for other people in the future.

Edit: If you were using a previous build of the SH2 Enhancements module it might have crashed due to using a cache of the older/previous build. Since we're now using high res main menu/save screen images, you must also use the latest build of the SH2 Enhancements module to prevent the game from crashing on the main menu (from using the high res images here now). The initial crash you got might have been due to some sort of cache Windows was using/storing of the old SH2 Enhancements module build.

Last edited:

Deltahedron

Aug 23, 2018
Where can one find the PC version even? It's not on any digital store afaik.
It is not available on any digital storefronts. Konami seems adverse to release SH2-4 PC digitally, for whatever reasons. If you're patient and diligent enough, I've seen plenty of used copies listed/sold for under $60 on eBay. Granted, a lot of people list SH2 PC for much higher than that, but again, if you're patient, you will find a more reasonable listing.

And remember: Our project is compatible with both the North American and European releases of SH2 PC, so it doesn't matter which version you might get.

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: If you were using a previous build of the SH2 Enhancements module it might have crashed due to using a cache of the older/previous build. Since we're now using high res main menu/save screen images, you must also use the latest build of the SH2 Enhancements module to prevent the game from crashing on the main menu (from using the high res images here now). The initial crash you got might have been due to some sort of cache Windows was using/storing of the old SH2 Enhancements module build.
First of all, you are incredibly too kind to be fielding questions in the first place, thank you so much. I think it was exactly the result you've identified- I wasn't updating both at the same time, but separately and testing compatibility. Works flawlessly now, and is so sleek and pristine!