• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Silent Hill nurse disturbed you the most?

• Silent Hill 1

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Silent Hill 2

Votes: 87 45.3%
  • Silent Hill 3

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • Silent Hill Homecoming/Movie

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The OP misrepresents the SH3 nurses, IMO. They are still effectively freaky, and it doesn't necessarily need to imply that Heather is into women. It could represent that she's intimidated by sexy women, standards in society, etc. But in any case...

Isn't it just in SH2 that Silent Hill is a representation of the protagonist's psyche? I recall SH3 being someone else's representation of their inner demons.
The creatures and Otherworld in Silent Hill 2 and 3 are both created by the psyche of the protagonists, James and Heather respectively. It's SH1 and SH4 where the protagonist is just an everyman who becomes trapped in someone else's nightmare (Harry is sucked into Alessa's Otherworld in 1, and Henry becomes trapped in Walter's in 4).

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
The OP misrepresents the SH3 nurses, IMO. They are still effectively freaky, and it doesn't necessarily need to imply that Heather is into women. It could represent that she's intimidated by sexy women, standards in society, etc. But in any case...

Isn't it just in SH2 that Silent Hill is a representation of the protagonist's psyche? I recall SH3 being someone else's representation of their inner demons.
SH3's dark world is broadly based on Claudia's psyche, but the specific monsters and locations have to do with heather's psyche, if I recall correctly.

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
SH4 "Patients" are the nurses. It's obvious from the design and symbolism. They're called patients but the nurses were called "puppets" in SH1, so.

My default vote for any question regarding what's scary in SH is SH4.

tr1b0re

Oct 17, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Huh. I just watched some game play on youtube... the character animation is very similar to SH2 nurses, and I guess it's just so twitchy that I never got a good look at the face until now. Still, safe to say my recollection is pretty faded after all these years.
If you wanted a better look at the face
latest

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
While I'd credit SH2 with coming up with the concept of the 'sexy in a disturbing way' nurse, I think Homecoming perfected the design. Sure it ultimately made less sense in the context of that story, but that isn't the question the OP asked me.