• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Credit to Toumari

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRvRWBQNrSI

Ive extracted the tags with https://online-free-tools.com/en/youtube_video_tags_extract_url to verify

unknown.png

Seems there will be a Remake of Silent Hill 2, details on the Return to Silent Hill movie and what is likely a new game titled Silent Hill: Ascension. PlayStation and Steam appear in the tags so we can say that at least those will be the platforms for the projets.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Silent Hill ASCENSION?

Bruh what a shitty name

- SH5 and SH2 Remake exclusive on PS4/PS5 with PC day and date like the earlier leak

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Did we know the movie was called Return to Silent Hill? That definitely couldn't be the title of the game?

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit weird that it's a new YouTube account with 30 subs right?

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I don't see any links to this YouTube account from any of the official verified Silent Hill social media accounts.....are we sure this is real?

Then again Silent Hill Ascension is such a terrible name I wouldn't be surprised.

Description mentions SILENT HILL 2 with a missing PSN link

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Credit to Toumari

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRvRWBQNrSI

Ive extracted the tags with https://online-free-tools.com/en/youtube_video_tags_extract_url to verify

unknown.png

Seems there will be a Remake of Silent Hill 2, details on the Return to Silent Hill movie and what is likely a new game titled Silent Hill: Ascension. PlayStation and Steam appear in the tags so we can say that at least those will be the platforms for the projets.

Add this one
Bildschirmfoto_2022-10-19_um_12.23.31.png

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Elephant in the room. Are they totally skipping Xbox?
We knew from the leaks that SH2 would be timed, and the other stuff might be exclusive.
There are multiple projects though so my guess is stuff might be revealed that doesn't have platforms yet, or won't have pre-order stuff ready for after the show. Since if all the projects are indeed PS only (console-wise), I'm not sure why Sony wouldn't host the stream (yet they are the RE one).

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We knew from the leaks that SH2 would be timed, and the other stuff might be exclusive.
There are multiple projects though so my guess is stuff might be revealed that doesn't have platforms yet, or won't have pre-order stuff ready for after the show. Since if all the projects are indeed PS only (console-wise), I'm not sure why Sony wouldn't host the stream (yet they are the RE one).

Yeah, maybe Sony is not hosting simply because there's a lot of projects being revealed today (like the movie) and Sony doesn't own the IP.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
If they are showing the movie trailer here, it also explains how the film director know of the games.

Ascension is a weird name though.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Sceptical given the lack of mention of this account on the other Silent Hill social media accounts, and the complete lack of subscribers.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I find the whole thing bizarre - silence for years and years, the company's name dragged through the mud, bad blood because of PT….so here is a blowout from a series which is only semi-popular at best in a genre that doesn't traditionally sell huge amounts.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the lengthy presentation means there are a lot of details to be shared about the new games today.

Oct 27, 2017
I know I typed in that Sweet Shop URL and it looks like a shitty online shop that's not open yet, but you can can choose to share it to FB and when you do it shows a shop at Lakeside Amusement Park.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to see that, but pretty neat.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if someone external is footing the bill for these games, kinda surprising to see Konami turn around and release so many high fidelity projects after doing just low budget and pachinko sense MGS5.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
It'll be pretty funny if the link is a fake, but I think it is legitimate, there is clearly a video uploaded to youtube there, and a lengthy one at that, and while it has a bunch of oddities, it doesnt look like the sort of oddities that you would see from hobbists trying to fake up a SH stream (inconsistencies, improper captialization, etc.) . It makes more sense if you assume that the Silent Hill site is supposed to host this channel, and they have assumed that people wouldnt find it ahead of time so they filled out stuff early. The fact that they have originally mentioned Silent Hill 2 (now said mention is removed) with a missing PSN link there makes this even more likely as they have probably prepared the whole description outside of a link to pre order. Someone making a fake stream probably wouldnt make the description or think like that.

ODST XIII

Aug 15, 2022
Wish they just did a proper collection of remakes or properly done remasters of SH1, 2, 3 and 4

Cant wait to see whats next though!

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Ascension (whatever it is) is a terrible title. Silent Hill f? Hmm, mobile, or the Annapurna game?

At least this confirms we'll see a teaser for the new movie (Return to Silent Hill; which is also a terrible title).

I wonder if someone external is footing the bill for these games, kinda surprising to see Konami turn around and release so many high fidelity projects after doing just low budget and pachinko sense MGS5.

With all the rumors over the last years, wouldn't it likely be Sony? At least for SH.

Last edited: