• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How would you rate the announcements from the Transmission?

• A

Votes: 89 30.0%
  • B

Votes: 125 42.1%
  • C

Votes: 51 17.2%
  • D

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • F

Votes: 16 5.4%

• Total voters

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Been fun reading this thread. It's been literally less than a week since I FINALLY played and finished SH1 and SH2 for the first time (and I'm currently playing SH3 for the first time) and as someone who just isn't generally into survival horror and survival horror combat in particular (before these, The Evil Within and RE8 were the only survival horror games I have genuinely enjoyed and even those mostly because of their stories), I honestly think SH combat is... perfectly fine. It's extremely simple but it does its job without ever getting in your way. I really wouldn't even call anything about it janky, you just hold R2 and push X and that's it. It works exactly as you would expect, and it makes sense for the game and the characters.

It's really disappointing to hear the later games tried to "improve" the combat and I'm hoping that, whatever it is that we're getting here, it'll have a nice, simple, straightforward combat system like SH1-3. If not, I hope it at least has the very easy difficulty level SH2's director's cut had.

SH2 was fucking incredible, btw, like holy shit. It has been a LONG time since a video game made me cry and I now totally get why folks think it has one of the best stories ever. SH1 was shockingly good too, the visuals and atmosphere and presentation for a PS1 game was just, wow. Almost want to make an LTTP thread for the Team Silent games when I'm done but I'm sure anything I might say has been said a million times already lol.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019
RRT4 ▶︎▶︎▶︎
it's definitely a blog post
Nah. There will be pre-recorded stream.

hRO4i49.png

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
it's...13 hours from now, correct ? I hate time zones.

Man I can't wait.
The hype, the drama, the meltdowns, the nothingburgers.
I'm going to love every bit of the reactions to whatever they announce.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
If there's gameplay of whatever Silent Hill game we see, there better be some locked doors.

rkeqpocles631.png

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Don't fuck this up Konami, we are counting on youuuuuuu 🙀🙀🙀

I still cannot believe that the day has finally come…

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't there supposedly three games being made using the SH license as per Dusk Golem ? If so wonder how many they plan on showing/announcing on the stream. Or maybe the demo thing (Short Message) is considered one of them since it has its own rating classification? I probably got a lot of this wrong from memory lol.

If any of that is right I would assume the full new game is whatever Ito is working on that had the leaked concept art, Short Message is the demo for that, and the other one is either Bloober/Annapurna project that's SH2 remake. Just spitballing, I really have no clue.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I just realize this shit starts at 5am my local time and 6am JST

They're definitely aiming for the western audience so maybe it won't be a typical JP stream?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's not gonna happen but if by the slightest chance they're like 'hey we're porting 0-4, properly this time' I will be over the moooon.

OceanSky

Nov 22, 2021
Anything Masahiro Ito/ Team Silent and Bloober-related will lead to disappointment. I still believe that the only developer who could deliver memorable experience is Kojipro, Del Toro, and Junti Ito.

I hope that after 12 hours I will be proven that I was wrong.

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
If there's gameplay of whatever Silent Hill game we see, there better be some locked doors.

rkeqpocles631.png

That's a fucking hilarious boxart lmao

I think this is my favourite trope of the series. It makes the most sense given that the Silent Hill that we see in the games isn't really necessarily "real", like nobody lived in those appartments or whatever.

Just like the game designer deciding to keep some doors locked to railroad you a certain way, you could just as easily assume that's what Alessa or the town itself is doing to the visitor.

We also have precedence for some doors being locked for some people, and open for others.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I want to be excited for this, but the moment I see Bloober's remake of Silent Hill 2 announced, I know I'm going to want to be skewered by Pyramid Head's big rusty knife.

Fingers crossed for something good. Even a remaster of Downpour would be welcomed.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
If ascension is really SH5 that name is horrendous lmao