• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Since all the main reveals have happened, this is kind of in 'don't care until it comes out' mode for me now.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I do.

Showcase baby! Team 2022 won.
I always believed.

swanson-my-man.gif

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
The dream lives!

Pretty sure this will be shadow dropped at a State of Play early next year

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
For the record, the Taiwan rating kinda' spells out what the game is, and even has official art for Short Message:

TSM_temp_covershot_20220826637971249357782675.jpg

Original plot synopsis from the rating:
Anita為了和朋友Maya碰面來到一棟廢棄的公寓,不知為何醒來後發現自己竟受困其中。她必須逃離自身內心的恐懼和潛伏於走廊中的怪物,找出受困事件背後所隱藏的事實,並在被自己的心理創傷吞噬掉求生意志之前設法逃出生天。

Which translated via Google, says:

Anita came to an abandoned apartment to meet her friend Maya, and somehow woke up to find herself trapped in it. She must escape her own fears and the monsters lurking in the corridors, discover the truth behind the events she's trapped in, and try to escape before her own trauma consumes her will to survive.

Also the developer is Konami themselves.

Can see it all here by going here, searching "Silent Hill", and then clicking Short Message's database in the Taiwan rating system: https://www.gamerating.org.tw/Search/Game

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
For the record, the Taiwan rating kinda' spells out what the game is, and even has official art for Short Message:

Can see it all here by going here, searching "Silent Hill", and then clicking Short Message's database in the Taiwan rating system: https://www.gamerating.org.tw/Search/Game
Ah, this is definitely the game Ito did. The "Sakura" project.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto

Do we know Konami is the developer? It just says 'company name'. Are we sure it isn't owned by konami but outsourced like their other projects?

As an example, if you look up death stranding directors cut in that database, it says company name is 505 games.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know Konami is the developer? It just says 'company name'. Are we sure it isn't owned by konami but outsourced like their other projects?
I'm sure they got some help, but in the field that usually lists the developer in for Taiwan games, it just lists Konami. Konami is listed as the Publisher and Developer and Manufacturer.

FlPXGyzacAA5xms

At the very least they're credited for everything on the Taiwan rating page. It's also worth noting Konami is right now hiring for internal developers to make an "Unreal Horror Game", which is almost definitely another Silent Hill game they're seemingly internally developing.

AEF1907

Dec 18, 2021
All these year they did nothing with the Silent Hill IP and now they are working on 100 titles simultaneously 🤣

SHdreamer

Dec 11, 2020
ill take it but not sure how to feel about it being set in a apartment for what i assumed will be most of the game.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
ill take it but not sure how to feel about it being set in a apartment for what i assumed will be most of the game.
For what it's worth, this isn't a super long experience, ala the Short Message name. Well, that and SMS Message and all that. It's almost definitely going to be a freely released thing as well.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
I'm sure they got some help, but in the field that usually lists the developer in for Taiwan games, it just lists Konami. Konami is listed as the Publisher and Developer and Manufacturer.

FlPXGyzacAA5xms

At the very least they're credited for everything on the Taiwan rating page. It's also worth noting Konami is right now hiring for internal developers to make an "Unreal Horror Game", which is almost definitely another Silent Hill game they're seemingly internally developing.
Wait... So now there is another game besides this, Townfall, Ascension, f, and 2Remake?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Can I make a thread on this?
I will credit you

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Weird that they wouldn't do this at the same time as all the announcements but... it's Konami so... guess it checks out.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
There's at least three Silent Hill projects which haven't been announced yet, not including the Short Message. Yes, really. But one of them is in very early development.
Ah, of course... Well clearly I've fallen out of the loop with these rumours.

The hills are not so silent at the moment.