• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
"You've mercilessly gunned down thousands of faceless goons throughout the game but if you kill the main bad guy YOU WILL BE JUST LIKE HIM"

TheGarlic

Feb 8, 2019
You've shot a thousands bullets and done only a small percentage of the enemies health, but you punch the guy twice and suddenly he is dead.

OP
OP

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
you shoot a guard, who screams in agony as you kill him. Another guard runs into the room, looks around for two seconds, then leaves, saying, "huh, must've been the wind", not noticing you standing in the slightly-shadowed area right in front of him.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more of a fan of "You've murdered hundreds of soldiers and mercenaries without breaking a sweat, but 5 dudes get the drop on you and now it's time to go to jail just so you can break out in a bit."

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Otherwise completely linear game ends in a binary choice that changes a single 45 second FMV before the credits roll.

OP
OP

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
"The bridge up ahead is broken and will not be fixed until you fetch a bologna sandwich for the local tavern wench"

OP
OP

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
Due to the insurmountable waist-high fence blocking your path, you must take a detour that goes halfway around the world.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Sure you could shoot through this obstacle in your path buuuuuuut were gonna need you to go looking for something that gets rid of it instead.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
i need to enter this area, but there's a 2'' high curb in my way, and i need magic boots to jump up on it
This one is always the worst.

maxresdefault.jpg

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
"Excuse me NPC, do you know where the person I have to meet is, I have an appointment."

"Well yes player, I do know that, but before you go, allow me to regale you the entire history of this world and the current racial tensions ongoing."

"Uh, that doesn't seem-"

"-I remember it all began a long time ago, back when I was a small child my father thought in the war, where he met my mother..."

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
You go inside an ancient ruin that was built in medieval times if not older, using old ass technology and you solve puzzles where you manipulate light beams and somehow that creates energy to open/move doors and objects made of stone that probably weigh several tons.

StrmSrg

Oct 26, 2017
Louisiana
"The end of the world is imminent and there's absolutely no time to lose but if you go off and gamble or fish or something for hours on end, it's cool."

vixlar

Dec 5, 2017
"You must fight all the game to avoid a horrific legendary creature breaks the seal and destroys the world" - The horrific legendary creature breaks the seal and destroys the world.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Running down a corridor in a cinematic game, in a crumbling building. Rocks fall right in front of you and block the path. However there's always a convinient narrow alleyway/stairwell, just to the right or left, and your companion says "I think we should go this way"!

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
"Let's have the same villain and plot for all the games in this franchise because it doesn't NEED an story."
The spin off franchise called "*Franchise* Story" doesn't need an story either, get rid of it!!

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Attempt 1
"Go away!"

Attempt 2
"I said go away!"

Attempt 3
"Fine, here" *hands item*

Attempt 4
"Go away!"

Attempt 5
"Go away!"

Attempt 6
"Go away!"

Attempt 7
"Go away!"

Attempt 8
"Go away!"

Attempt 9
"Go away!"

Attempt 10
"Persistent, aren't you?!" *hands over new item*

Attempt 12
"Go away!"

Attempt 13
"Go away!"

Attempt 14
"Go away!"

Attempt 15
"Go away!"

Attempt 16
"Please Go away! You got me to say something different."

Attempt 17

Attempt 18

Attempt 19

Attempt 20

Attempt 21

Attempt 22

Attempt 23

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Earth us being attacked and is on the brink of destruction and I'm the only one that can save it!

But let me lesurely perform this arbitrary fetch quest first.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Attempt 1
"Go away!"

Attempt 2
"I said go away!"

Attempt 3
"Fine, here" *hands item*

Attempt 4
"Go away!"

Attempt 5
"Go away!"

Attempt 6
"Go away!"

Attempt 7
"Go away!"

Attempt 8
"Go away!"

Attempt 9
"Go away!"

Attempt 10
"Persistent, aren't you?!" *hands over new item*

Attempt 12
"Go away!"

Attempt 13
"Go away!"

Attempt 14
"Go away!"

Attempt 15
"Go away!"

Attempt 16

Attempt 17

Attempt 18

Attempt 19

Attempt 20

Attempt 21

Attempt 22

Attempt 23

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
"It took us a unique mythical artefact and numerous riddles from ancient journals, but we finally opened the entrance to the impenetrable temple that no one's set foot in for over a thousand years."

*torches are lit*
*perfectly maintained mechanisms*
*various types of guns and ammo scattered across the rooms*
*villainous factor's already here and ahead of you somehow, in spite of them fighting you for the artefact and journal because they couldn't enter without it*

*upon shooting the leader of the villain's faction*
"This place is crumbling, we need to get out fast!"

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
You have managed to defeat the boss without taking any damage but a cutscene plays and you are defeated anyway.

An NPC punches you while a police officer just watches right next to you. Punch back and suddenly the whole town's law enforcement knows exactly what you did, where you are and are determined to take your life.

Fully intact ladder? Climbable. Ladder with a few bottom rungs missing or bent? Nope, got to find a way around.

Everyone agrees you are the chosen one, the savior of the world. Merchants will still refuse to give you a discount and certain NPCs won't let you pass.

You are walking in a forest wearing legendary armor anda massive sword that can cleave mountains in two. A group of bandits armed with rusted knives attack you.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Experience points. Killing things makes you stronger and stronger (apparently by feeding on enemies' souls or something -- although it's never really explained) to the point that you're a god-like being that's capable of killing other god-like beings, even though you're just a normal kid.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
RPG typical NPC talk: "Who's in charge here?" "What can you tell me about this area?" when the hero talks to a random NPC. Imagine this in real life...

Okay, this is fine. What I find annoying though: healing potions get you from 1 to 100 hp, or even revive people. Cutscene starts, someone dies or is about to, nothing you or anyone could do. I remember Dragon Age 2 in particular for this.

Mass Effect 3: Earth's about to be destroyed. Shepard goes clubbing. Or: any other RPG that offers side quests while also try to express urgent, time limited matters.

Games where enemies take 100 bullets/strikes but you die after five.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
This fucker has been trying to kill me all game and has hurt and killed numerous others in the process, instead of killing them I'll instead get them to change their ways by speaking to them.