• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This actually looks kinda ambitious for a late 3DS game from a small dev. I might bust my 3DS out if it gets some decent scores!

Silver Falls – 3 Down Stars
Strange lights have been appearing in the night sky above Silver Falls. When three mysterious objects fall from the sky, this secluded, sleepy town becomes frozen in a moment in time. Strange radiation has turned local wildlife bloodthirsty. Only 3 people in Silver Falls have survived being locked in a moment in time. Holt, a composer mourning the death of his grandfather with a fishing trip, Analise, an organizer for the annual Moose Steak Festival, and Moss, the local sheriff investigating reports of strange lights in the sky, must work together to figure out exactly what is going wrong in their town. Why are they being attacked by wildlife? Why is everyone else in town frozen in time? Using their wits and resources scavenged around Silver Falls, these three survivors must discover the mystery behind the three objects and return their town to normal.

8-768x922.png

34-768x461.png

Official site: http://silverfallsgame.com/

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes! 3DS need more survival.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is interesting, and unfortunate. the game looks good and the gameplay is something that's uncommon (on 3DS) enough to garner decent interest.

if it wasn't 2018.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Obviously it's going for a silent hill style. I think it looks good.

That description is pretty bad though. It says 'moment in time' two sentences in a row, then says 'frozen in time' which also sounds clumsy.

Game series? It's probably split into a few episodes is my guess.

OP
OP

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it's going for a silent hill style. I think it looks good.

That description is pretty bad though. It says 'moment in time' two sentences in a row, then says 'frozen in time' which also sounds clumsy.

Game series? It's probably split into a few episodes is my guess.
I've been trying to figure out who the dev is, but can only find the game's various social media pages. I assume English might not be their first language.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
New 3ds exclusive sure sounds like a unity game, and kinda looks like one too. But if is releasing that soon, why no trailer yet?

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
3DS might have been fine, but limiting it even further to New 3DS only will most likely hurt the sales quite a bit. That's a shame. Though I get why they did it that way, especially with the C Stick in mind.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I think it's not that stupid as a move.

Nintendo still sells 3DS/2DS-es, there are people who just bought recently and wants new games, since there is not much competition i can see this game finding its success on the system (i think the key here is the price tag)

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Great to see a thread created for the game, Colonel Mustard . I read this today, and I was thinking in creating the thread, but at the end, my laziness and the fear of not having a good enough level of English as to be showcased in a front page, resulted more strong.

The captivating thing of this game is that I'm really getting 'Mizzurna Falls' vibrations from this.

Like, they absolutely nail the 'Mizzurna Falls' look, resembling a Playstation game. And I'm addicted to the the imperfect and distinctive look of these early 3D games.

this is interesting, and unfortunate. the game looks good and the gameplay is something that's uncommon (on 3DS) enough to garner decent interest.

if it wasn't 2018.

Video game history is full of examples of interesting games released very late in the life of a system, once the successor of this system was introduced in the market, and focusing all the attention.

Sometimes, this things tends to happen with small games trying to do ambitious things (ambitious things in comparison with the small budgets). They start targeting a hardware, but after some years of development, when they're close to finish the product, they find that the market for this product is dying.

So I'm happy to see that even with this context, a 3DS game released in 2018 with zero marketing budget, the game is obtaining some attention.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think it's not that stupid as a move.

Nintendo still sells 3DS/2DS-es, there are people who just bought recently and wants new games, since there is not much competition i can see this game finding its success on the system (i think the key here is the price tag)

Unfortunately, the people buying systems late in their life cycle are not the audience for this type of game. Late life cycle buyers go largely for very mainstream games.

Oct 27, 2017
A tiny, indie, niche horror game exclusive to New 3DS? One that looks like a DS game? I mean, good luck to them for trying something different, being brave and having ambition but this is not going to fare well.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I was sorta interested but still only have my launch day 3DS, so I guess not. Hope it goes well for them.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I might looks into this if it isn't completely broken. It's always nice to have late gen gameslike this that almost everyone will miss, especially if it is decent.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
As someone who moved on to Switch but still plays my 3DS pretty often this has me excited. I love seeing ambitious titles like this super late into the generation. I'll definitely pick this up if it ends up being decent.

Unrelated but Epilexia your English seems great.

badmoviefan

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
An update from a week ago of them improving hit box detection, followed by an impressive looking screenshot. Seems like it should come out early next year.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if they're gonna port it to mobile, they might as well try other systems as well since being on the 3DS is just asking for failure

Jerrel Dulay

Jan 6, 2019
Hi everyone,
director of the Silver Falls game series here.
We appreciate everyone who has any interest in our upcoming game.
We got our release date for December 26, 2019 for North American and January 9, 2020 for Europe/Asia/Australia.

To clear up a few questions, our upcoming game, Silver Falls - 3 Down Stars, will be a New 3DS exclusive. It will never be ported to mobile phone platforms. We created a playable teaser demo exclusively for mobile platforms to give players an idea of the atmosphere and lore of the upcoming game series, and features content separate from our upcoming game.

Our focus is to create interesting and meaningful that players can have fun with. We want to give 3DS users something new worth playing exclusive to the 3DS console. Desperately chasing after dollars is not one our priorities, so we won't be making ports across different formats.

We have 2 more 3DS exclusive titles in development which will be launching soon within the next few months following 3 Down Stars. Players will be able to connect these games together, as well as other future games in the series, to unlock new content in each game. This unlocked content can come in the form of new playable characters, story chapters, and special weapons.

From our whole team, thank you to everyone for discussing our game and sharing your support. We also appreciate those who have shared your worries and concerns for us that we may not find success due to the exclusive platform we have chosen for this game. Rest assured, fear of failure was not part of our development process nearly as much as the excitement of bringing an exciting, new exclusive game to players who aren't getting many new games for a console they enjoy. We look forward to soon sharing our games with you all and hope you have a lot of fun.

Feel free to join us on
https://twitter.com/silverfallsgame/
https://www.facebook.com/silverfallsgame

Cheers
Jerrel Dulay

110.png

115.png

77.png

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Hi everyone,
director of the Silver Falls game series here.
We appreciate everyone who has any interest in our upcoming game.
We got our release date for December 26, 2019 for North American and January 9, 2020 for Europe/Asia/Australia.

To clear up a few questions, our upcoming game, Silver Falls - 3 Down Stars, will be a New 3DS exclusive. It will never be ported to mobile phone platforms. We created a playable teaser demo exclusively for mobile platforms to give players an idea of the atmosphere and lore of the upcoming game series, and features content separate from our upcoming game.

Our focus is to create interesting and meaningful that players can have fun with. We want to give 3DS users something new worth playing exclusive to the 3DS console. Desperately chasing after dollars is not one our priorities, so we won't be making ports across different formats.

We have 2 more 3DS exclusive titles in development which will be launching soon within the next few months following 3 Down Stars. Players will be able to connect these games together, as well as other future games in the series, to unlock new content in each game. This unlocked content can come in the form of new playable characters, story chapters, and special weapons.

From our whole team, thank you to everyone for discussing our game and sharing your support. We also appreciate those who have shared your worries and concerns for us that we may not find success due to the exclusive platform we have chosen for this game. Rest assured, fear of failure was not part of our development process nearly as much as the excitement of bringing an exciting, new exclusive game to players who aren't getting many new games for a console they enjoy. We look forward to soon sharing our games with you all and hope you have a lot of fun.

Feel free to join us on
https://twitter.com/silverfallsgame/
https://www.facebook.com/silverfallsgame

Cheers
Jerrel Dulay

110.png

115.png

77.png
Please stay a bit longer! Maybe you can do an OT thread?

We have 2 more 3DS exclusive titles in development which will be launching soon within the next few months following 3 Down Stars.

And are these 2 3DS games N3DS exclusives, or just 3DS family exclusives?

Jerrel Dulay

Jan 6, 2019
Please stay a bit longer! Maybe you can do an OT thread?

And are these 2 3DS games N3DS exclusives, or just 3DS family exclusives?

The upcoming 2 games are Silver Falls - Undertakers and Silver Falls - Deadly Shadows. They will be compatible with all 3DS models. If our sales numbers justify us spending the time and effort, we have another game in the series which could be a cross platform game on both the Switch and 3DS.
Thank you for asking!

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
The upcoming 2 games are Silver Falls - Undertakers and Silver Falls - Deadly Shadows. They will be compatible with all 3DS models. If our sales numbers justify us spending the time and effort, we have another game in the series which could be a cross platform game on both the Switch and 3DS.
Thank you for asking!
Thanks for the information.

Do you have your Nintendo eShop webpage up and running? Or that's tied to release day?

Jerrel Dulay

Jan 6, 2019
Nice! I hoped to see you get to stay in touch with us and the community! I think you might also get approved for an avatar flair or something.
Thanks. We will make an effort to stay in touch here. I don't have the ability to create a new thread so that makes sharing information a bit challenge. So far our supporters have been sharing information of our upcoming games with people and for that we are very grateful. We are fans of these kinds of games ourselves so we like hearing what people have to say.

Thanks everyone. We hope everyone has fun with the game when it launches.