• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This is the exact non-denial that flux used in MafiEra.

It is obvious you are a PR. If you don't want to claim the exact role just say you are a PR and I am right.

And who would that help? Town? What does town gain from me making a statement like that?

Scum? Well scum does benefit, because they know I am useful (or at least claim to be) and can bump me off before I can be too useful.

So I do have to wonder if your request here is being made with the best interest of town at heart or your own best interests and where those might lie

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But if Faddy is indeed a scum governer, that could explain why he was so blase on D1 with the colors. He felt in no danger of getting lynched. Perhaps he can even take down a townie (if the other scum governor role I've seen is anything to go by).

But argh, his interactions with cabot D1... Could that really by scum vs scum?
Honestly my current theory is the most obvious one. He is lying about his role, he can't do what he claims he can do, he is claiming now so he won't be killed nor lynched.

Honestly I think he might just be a neutral trying to get to the late game, probably with a kill day ability that can be blocked by Simon, maybe?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
And who would that help? Town? What does town gain from me making a statement like that?

Scum? Well scum does benefit, because they know I am useful (or at least claim to be) and can bump me off before I can be too useful.

So I do have to wonder if your request here is being made with the best interest of town at heart or your own best interests and where those might lie

You want to coast on your PR like DCPat did. You are not solving the game. The only reason you didn't get lynched yesterday is because I said you were a PR and we shouldn't lynch you. And I made sure you got to 5 posts before we lynched DCPat because I wanted you to stay in the game.

I knew you were a PR on night 1. Why kill verelios over you?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly my current theory is the most obvious one. He is lying about his role, he can't do what he claims he can do, he is claiming now so he won't be killed nor lynched.
The thing though, is why make the claim when Faddy was already being town read. This is what made people want to lynch him to verify it. He wouldn't have been a lynch target without it. That's what brought on the suspicion.

So it's either the truth, or it's a weird gambit to intentionally lay on the suspicion so that people think "he wouldn't possibly do that as scum." Or what Faddy said before, and he was hoping more people would simply go along with it.

Why I think I'll be for lynching Faddy this day phase, until the end, is because I prefer verifying him through a no-lynch than a mislynch.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
The thing though, is why make the claim when Faddy was already being town read. This is what made people want to lynch him to verify it. He wouldn't have been a lynch target without it. That's what brought on the suspicion.

So it's either the truth, or it's a weird gambit to intentionally lay on the suspicion so that people think "he wouldn't possibly do that as scum." Or what Faddy said before, and he was hoping more people would simply go along with it.

Why I think I'll be for lynching Faddy this day phase, until the end, is because I prefer verifying him through a no-lynch than a mislynch.

You are giving scum a free kill if you only want to lynch me to confirm something rather than it be a genuine scum read.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It could be as simple as them having 4 members. It could be a Serial Killer who has decided not to shoot yet

I'm pretty sure they have a direct cop counter with a godfather or ninja -or- we don't have a cop at all.

I think there are a good few posibilities but I think a non-shooting SK is most likely or it is Apollo who already showed a day kill.

Look for those that don't believe me here is a compromise. We should lynch Meatwad. If he is scum then I am even more lock clear unless you think after cabot is vigged I immediately call out my partner again.

I don't really see a good case for him to be town outside of a light PR read which now seems wrong.
You want to lynch meatwad... the player you were so sure was cop.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You are giving scum a free kill if you only want to lynch me to confirm something rather than it be a genuine scum read.
Scum will kill someone this night phase regardless of what happens. We're at a point where a mislynch is likely. So instead of 2 townies dying before D4, we could simply have 1 and then having the information provided by your lynch. That's important.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Why is a mislynch likely?
Because that's just how it is. Things are clearly uncertain right now, and even more so with your claim. You don't seem concrete on Meatwad's alignment, yourself. Instead of taking the risk—which it is—we now have a less risky avenue through lynching you which could be rewarding by hitting scum, or rewarding by confirming your power and determining you're town (and also confirming that we do indeed have several no lynch factors at play in this game).

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
You want to coast on your PR like DCPat did. You are not solving the game. The only reason you didn't get lynched yesterday is because I said you were a PR and we shouldn't lynch you. And I made sure you got to 5 posts before we lynched DCPat because I wanted you to stay in the game.

While I would love to find out how you just "knew" I was a PR on night 1, I am done playing this game with you. I am not going to make a claim as I don't believe that is in the best interest of the town. Badgering a townie into roleclaiming is not solving the game either I might add.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

This is exactly the reason why I don't buy the claim, since you started talking in no-colors you have pretty much assumed you had the game figured and managable. No way in hell would you make a claim like that unless it was designed to save your hide. Your claim doesn't help town, it helps yourself. It would have just been better, as a town player, to keep it to yourself. You know this. You claimed this early with such a claim to stay in the game as long as possible.

I hope you saw this coming.

Vote: Faddy

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
While I would love to find out how you just "knew" I was a PR on night 1, I am done playing this game with you. I am not going to make a claim as I don't believe that is in the best interest of the town. Badgering a townie into roleclaiming is not solving the game either I might add.

I knew you were a PR as soon as I called you cabot's partner and you overreacted to it.

Reading the game is how I knew. It is also the reason I did not put you in a thunderdome, go look at the start of day 2. I explained this.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I knew you were a PR as soon as I called you cabot's partner and you overreacted to it.

Reading the game is how I knew. It is also the reason I did not put you in a thunderdome, go look at the start of day 2. I explained this.
I thought the reason why you didn't used the thunderdome its because it was too early?

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

You deduced that much yet you still offered me up as a lynch candidate a page ago. So why were you willing to have town lynch one of their PR's?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the reason why you didn't used the thunderdome its because it was too early?

It was too early but it still doesn't mean I didn't think about doing it anyway.
My read was Meatwad is a cop of some sort. It is the only thing that make sense. He wants to end the day so he gets his check. Mafia should definitely be killing him at some point.

I had a thought that Swamped could have been the vig since the weird posting around the shot. She saw the PLEASE WAIT, then posted about agreeing with my cabot stuff after the flip happened. I had read that as her justifying the shot after she did it because why even post outdated info when you know something is happening.
Those are the main reasons I did not want to just thunderdome. Although we can probably just kill DCPAT today.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Is this an obvious ploy to look like a Jester? That's the only reason I can see for such hard PR fishing. He has to know that he's a guaranteed lynch after going after Meatwad so far.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

Faddy (3 votes)
exodus - #766
FluxWaveZ - #970
SalvaPot - #1,015

exodus (2 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #904
Swamped - #905

Fran (1 votes)
Faddy - #863

Not voting: Fran, Meatwad, TheChuggernaut, malus, Apollo

Post Counts:
Faddy: 72 exodus: 53 TheChuggernaut: 34 Fran: 20 EzekelRAGE: 20 FluxWaveZ: 19 SalvaPot: 18 Swamped: 17 Meatwad: 10 Apollo: 10 malus: 7

Current Countdown:
x5p9o5lkat

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Is this an obvious ploy to look like a Jester? That's the only reason I can see for such hard PR fishing. He has to know that he's a guaranteed lynch after going after Meatwad so far.

I want Fran lynched.

He is definitely a partner for cabot. An if there is a non-shooting sk then Fran is definitely someone who would do that. He would also kill Verelios.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Here is where I am at.

Town is something like me, Chuggs, exodus, meatwad, Apollo.

Lighter town is swamped, zeke and flux.

Scum is in fran, malus, salva.

That is how I see the game right now.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jester or not, it wouldn't matter at this point. With the power of Simon from the start, though, I think there would have been easier ways to achieve the goal. Like, creating a Thunderdome with himself and Apollo or something.

I don't think it's worth considering.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Jester or not, it wouldn't matter at this point. With the power of Simon from the start, though, I think there would have been easier ways to achieve the goal. Like, creating a Thunderdome with himself and Apollo or something.

I don't think it's worth considering.

Nah I'm saying he's scum trying to look like a Jester.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Basically to have people remove their votes from him, right? Sure, that's a possibility.

I don't see it with Fran, and I'm not too sure I see it with Salva, but I do get bad vibes from malus.

You don't think Fran and cabot have a lot of partner potential?
You don't think Fran's read on DCPat was pretty trash?
You don't think with me unlynchable on night 1 he would certainly target verelios?
You don't think he is being far too obstinate today?

What is your case for Fran being town?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Add in Fran wanting to be Simon on day 1, citing all his credentials from MafiEra and then denying it or at least deflecting it.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
My case for Fran being town is that I don't think scum would push so hard against an unlynchable townie.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh if you are talking about me.

The first thing Fran did was call me neutral because he knows i'm not on his team. At least when you were calling me scum it made sense.

As scum he does not think town has 2 unlychables therefore I must be lying, therefore to him I am almost certainly neutral.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Alright lets change the subject for a bit.

Thoughts on Salva? Has been playing kind of independently this game, posting his thoughts, and then leaving for a while. Feels trollish vanilla town to me so far.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Look here is Fran's first post on the subject
Honestly I'm not believing Faddy's claim. Not the governor part (what's the point to lie about that) but that he is a townie one. No way that town has not one BUT 2 lynchproof roles. That's crazy and I never seen a game like that. Even more in a small game like ours.

Governor can't be scum as any lynchproof power is extremely OP as scum but I can see Faddy being a neutral. I just have not a clue about what his winning condition could be.

So, Faddy are you a neutral?

That't not how a governor works. A governor uses his role to end the day in a no lynch. Cabot's role was a secret hammer vote. Both of them are completely unrelated.

Not scum. Neutral.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You don't think Fran and cabot have a lot of partner potential?
What's the connection? Arguments between the two with cabot saying that Fran shouldn't be Simon? There's little there, unless you emphasize that the conflict was artificial, similar to cabot's support of Never Forever.
You don't think Fran's read on DCPat was pretty trash?
You mean that there was essentially nothing to it? Maybe, but that goes for many of the people who lynched him on D2.
You don't think with me unlynchable on night 1 he would certainly target verelios?
What? Why?
You don't think he is being far too obstinate today?
Not really. When I strongly believe someone's lying, I'll do the same.

What is your case for Fran being town?
I don't necessarily town read him, but I definitely don't scum read him. He's really insistent on seeing you lynched today, and it's not like you're a threat to scum if he was. There's no real reason to put himself out like that, especially if he knew for sure you're not scum and we'd discover it ourselves through your lynch.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
What's the connection? Arguments between the two with cabot saying that Fran shouldn't be Simon? There's little there, unless you emphasize that the conflict was artificial, similar to cabot's support of Never Forever.

You mean that there was essentially nothing to it? Maybe, but that goes for many of the people who lynched him on D2.

What? Why?

Not really. When I strongly believe someone's lying, I'll do the same.

I don't necessarily town read him, but I definitely don't scum read him. He's really insistent on seeing you lynched today, and it's not like you're a threat to scum if he was. There's no real reason to put himself out like that, especially if he knew for sure you're not scum and we'd discover it ourselves through your lynch.

I think there is good potential for Fran to be with cabot. For two people who were posting the most they really don't have much of an examination of each other. There interactions did feel fake. Swamped thought this too.

He made a bad faith argument about DCPat talking about votes. Accusing him of being scum for not voting when there as only 1 person voting at all.

Look at his own meta of where he wanted Simon to go on day 1. This is who he thinks are strong players

Still unsure. My meta candidates were Cabot, Faddy, Vere or Swamped but Faddy isn't helping so he is out now and Swamped has done little.

Cabot is dead, I'm unlynchable, he is scum reading swamped. His option there is to lynch Verelios.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Searching for Salva's interactions with Fran is kind of strange.

Salva has a weird tone when he puts him on his read list like he doesn't know how to honestly read his play.

[He/him] Fran: Fran! Mah boi! How you holding up? Man, everyone seems intent on giving you the old necksnap, huh? But I can't blame them, you have not been able to put a good defense! I do admit your interactions with cabot are... weird. Real weird. I´m not convinced you are scum, but you seem to be...

Then the only other interaction is when they are talking about whether or not they believe me.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I meant for why Fran killed Verelios on night 1.
Then we're on the same page. So you're saying it'd be Verelios because he was the one Fran artificially "town read" through meta? It's not like that was the opinion of the majority. I think it's a weird point to determine why Verelios would have been NK'd.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, speaking of which, why did we decide that the Simon wouldn't outright say who's going to be the next one in this thread? So that scum doesn't kill them or they don't get day killed? Why does that matter? I don't like the idea of passing the power around in the shadows.

Plus, I don't know if I saw what the priority order is. If Simon is NK'd, I assume that the modifier they chose will still go into effect that day.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Then we're on the same page. So you're saying it'd be Verelios because he was the one Fran artificially "town read" through meta? It's not like that was the opinion of the majority. I think it's a weird point to determine why Verelios would have been NK'd.

No I'm saying that Verelios dying points to Fran as mafia.

I already showed you his Simon list, basically who he thinks are strong players. With cabot dead (and scum), I was unkillable. That brings it to Swamped and Verelios.

He is scum reading Swamped and sees her as a potential mislynch so he doesn't kill her.

That leaves Verelios. That is why he died on night 1. After losing a partner on day 1 they wanted to eliminate a strong player an verelios is the obvious choice for Fran.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, speaking of which, why did we decide that the Simon wouldn't outright say who's going to be the next one in this thread? So that scum doesn't kill them or they don't get day killed? Why does that matter? I don't like the idea of passing the power around in the shadows.

Plus, I don't know if I saw what the priority order is. If Simon is NK'd, I assume that the modifier they chose will still go into effect that day.

I gets announced at day start anyway.

If you say who is getting it and they kill simon the next simon is randomly picked between eligible players, which means it could go randomly to scum.