• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
what are people thinking about nominating a simon?

For me it's a solid town read, someone who i feel is sensible as a player and maybe a little bit unpredictable as well.

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
honestly, I'd like to be Simon because I'm the only person I can 100% trust to be Town right now... like, I can't guarantee I'll do the 100% most optimum job with whatever ability I am granted, but I am confident that I'll utilise the ability as best I can in a pro-Town way to obstruct the interests of scum, which is something I can't say with certainty about anyone else, meaning that I'm automatically the best candidate in my own mind.... if that makes sense?

but that's not much of a pitch lol, I've been out of this for two and a half years so I'm rusty and unconfident af

soooooo I'd like to vote for someone who I townread as a positive and smart contributor D1, who I think will make good use of the ability and will maybe trip scum up a bit without totally throwing Town into chaos on a day-by-day basis

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
honestly, I'd like to be Simon because I'm the only person I can 100% trust to be Town right now... like, I can't guarantee I'll do the 100% most optimum job with whatever ability I am granted, but I am confident that I'll utilise the ability as best I can in a pro-Town way to obstruct the interests of scum, which is something I can't say with certainty about anyone else, meaning that I'm automatically the best candidate in my own mind.... if that makes sense?

but that's not much of a pitch lol, I've been out of this for two and a half years so I'm rusty and unconfident af

soooooo I'd like to vote for someone who I townread as a positive and smart contributor D1, who I think will make good use of the ability and will maybe trip scum up a bit without totally throwing Town into chaos on a day-by-day basis
I like this post, mostly because it feels like a delicious tortilla slowly steemed in beef juices.

But I don't think you should be Simon, why? Because I'm already Simon. That's right, my friend, not even your juicy tortilla persona, as enticing as it is, will make you as good a Simon as I'm already are.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I like this post, mostly because it feels like a delicious tortilla slowly steemed in beef juices.

But I don't think you should be Simon, why? Because I'm already Simon. That's right, my friend, not even your juicy tortilla persona, as enticing as it is, will make you as good a Simon as I'm already are.
Oh Salva, you and your forced love for being a bullseye is making today pretty awkward. Whatever you're up to, I hope it's family friendly.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh Salva, you and your forced love for being a bullseye is making today pretty awkward. Whatever you're up to, I hope it's family friendly.
What is awkward about this? The Simon Says mechanic seems pretty simple. Day 1 we usually vote on gut feeling around to "Get scum" on flimsy, wet tortilla excuses.

Now we have to instead vote on who we want to be Simon, that means we have to vote on the strongest most mouth-watering tortilla.

It also means that scum will try to have one of their own voted. But beware, they are not a tortilla, they are actually a nasty hard taco shell.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
What is awkward about this? The Simon Says mechanic seems pretty simple. Day 1 we usually vote on gut feeling around to "Get scum" on flimsy, wet tortilla excuses.

Now we have to instead vote on who we want to be Simon, that means we have to vote on the strongest most mouth-watering tortilla.

It also means that scum will try to have one of their own voted. But beware, they are not a tortilla, they are actually a nasty hard taco shell.
You know that's not what I meant, but okay.
giphy.gif

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that we can't vote for a lynch today so we could pressure Faddy to start playing the game already.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't there at day end for that game, and subsequently died, but I was not happy with how you led that phase at all.

You may have not liked it but I lynched scum, forced a fake claim by Pirate Bae which lead to her being lynched later in the game and made Faddy screw up at day end and get lynched the next day.

At least we got results from it.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
It should be obvious we don't want Simon going to scum but it's unnerving how quickly you wanted to get that out.

Tbh I was thinking the same thing...

BUT I do think it's interesting that Meatwad does not want to be Simon. I mean, I'd like the job simply because I'm curious what the role does.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If we are going to bring past games into this I am always vanilla tortilla.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
More than he not wanting to be Simon what caught my attention is that both he and Malus made the same joke about Faddy and a slight push about giving him the role:

I think so far, Faddy has made the strongest case as a Simon candidate. No other player has shown this level of skill at the Simon game.

Faddy should be Simon, It's clear now

Not much to work with, and with Faddy just doing a Blarg impression it doesn't seem like a scum strategy, but I found it weird.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
More than he not wanting to be Simon what caught my attention is that both he and Malus made the same joke about Faddy and a slight push about giving him the role:

Not much to work with, and with Faddy just doing a Blarg impression it doesn't seem like a scum strategy, but I found it weird.
Blarg? BLARG?

WHERE IS THAT CRISPY BREAD?

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly think you guys are reading too much into wad not wanting to be Simon.

its more like it's an interesting post alongside his other posts. his opening post is icky, and his reasoning for not wanting to be Simon comes off as pretty non committal to me. I can't tell if it's supposed to be facetious or not.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

That's a good point, I'll keep note of that M&M relation.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
You may have not liked it but I lynched scum, forced a fake claim by Pirate Bae which lead to her being lynched later in the game and made Faddy screw up at day end and get lynched the next day.

At least we got results from it.

Well congrats. You're not getting my vote though.

If we are going to bring past games into this I am always vanilla tortilla.

except the times that you weren't.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

I liked this simon related post the most so far.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm leaning Vere right now because he's a pretty solid player, but I have big null reads on basically everyone so I don't want to say for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
how much would you hurt fran if you were simon, Chug?

1. I have no idea because who knows what it actually does.

2. If I had the ability to kill someone as Simon or block them or something I don't think I would go after Fran at this exact moment because he's a big null from me.

I don't know. I'm very bad at early game and not having actual votes and the activity being kind of slow isn't helping much. I think I'm town reading you the most right now and even that I'm not super sure about

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
If it isn't me I would be willing to give Simon to Verelios or Chugger, they always make a solid impression on me and I think would fit the role.

But that's based on nothing else, so I'd still have to see how the day evolves.

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on what the power was for Simon, I would probably hold out on using it for a day or so just to get a better feel of the game. No sense in doing anything rash and getting a town person killed, but I would have to act somewhat fast because being Simon would probably make me a NK target

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
And maybe it's also because I think I know Verelios and Chugger the best. Well Faddy, but he is already Simon it seems.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I would also like to have someone as Simon that is fairly active so they can react to stuff happening.
Right now I would probably chose among Cabot, Fran, TheChuggernaut and Verelios.

With Faddy doing the Blarg, I don't think I would vote there.
EzekelRAGE is a bit of a risky Simon if he starts tunneling early.
SalvaPot left a bit of a strange impression with the him being Simon already talk.
Meatwad said he doesn't want to be Simon, so I don't see the benefit of voting him.

The others haven't left much of an impression so far.