• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Well we're agreed on that one.

Not really sure what to make of Swamped wanting to be Simon because she's curious. It's not the greatest reason to garner support.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that Salva post was weird, but I'm not sure if I scum him right now oh god I can't commit to fucking anything.

Anyway he's in my "Keep an eye on" list

Well we're agreed on that one.

Not really sure what to make of Swamped wanting to be Simon because she's curious. It's not the greatest reason to garner support.

It's not, but I don't think we need a thread full of people trying to win people over I guess. Like I get if someone wants it but doesn't really feel like wasting time trying to get people to vote for them because the odds aren't exactly great.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Pedro About this Simon business: How long will the chosen player stay in that role? Until they are killed? And what happens when Simon is killed? Will there be a new vote or will the player in second place on D1 be chosen or will there be no Simon at all after that?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Also I don't think Simon will be all that powerful. Otherwise that could fuck town up quite badly if we don't get a lynch D1 and give a powerful tool to scum.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I mean it's likely it wont be game breaking, but obviously it'll have some effect.

Swamped didnt really waste any time there, Chug. She's only made that one post.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's likely it wont be game breaking, but obviously it'll have some effect.

Swamped didnt really waste any time there, Chug. She's only made that one post.

My point is I can get that she wouldn't want to put too much effort into trying to get a power that she probably won't get. So yeah, I agree

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Fran who are you looking for in a Simon?

Still unsure. My meta candidates were Cabot, Faddy, Vere or Swamped but Faddy isn't helping so he is out now and Swamped has done little.

Well congrats. You're not getting my vote though.

Fair enough.

Everyone should have at least one candidate for Simon that isn't themselves, because voting for yourself doesn't contribute to your numbers.

Also you can't vote for yourself anyway.

Depending on what the power was for Simon, I would probably hold out on using it for a day or so just to get a better feel of the game. No sense in doing anything rash and getting a town person killed, but I would have to act somewhat fast because being Simon would probably make me a NK target

This is kinda a waste. If you have a public role that can affect the game you should use it. Why save it?

And maybe it's also because I think I know Verelios and Chugger the best. Well Faddy, but he is already Simon it seems.

Isn't this your second game with Chugger?

Pedro About this Simon business: How long will the chosen player stay in that role? Until they are killed? And what happens when Simon is killed? Will there be a new vote or will the player in second place on D1 be chosen or will there be no Simon at all after that?

Good question.

Oct 25, 2017
Still unsure. My meta candidates were Cabot, Faddy, Vere or Swamped but Faddy isn't helping so he is out now and Swamped has done little.

This is kinda a waste. If you have a public role that can affect the game you should use it. Why save it?

1. Yeah, that was were I was leaning also, but I have similar concerns about Swamped and Faddy.

2. When I say save it I mean like a day max. I wouldn't hold that shit for long, I just don't want to use it when I don't have much information and end up costing town because of that.

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, if I get the role, I'll just be up front about what it does and we can work out what to do with it together as one big Simon family*

*I may or may not actually listen to the rest of you.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't this your second game with Chugger?

Correct I think, but I also replaced him in a game where he had a nightchat role. There are people I know better, but they are not in this game.

Out of the list Faddy is the person I know most, but I don't know what's going on with him. If he was posting normal I think I'd still have to really think about if I wanted to vote him Simon. I think maybe he can be a bit to stubborn.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
To be honest Faddy posting like that just makes me think he is scum and trying to switch up his game because he was lynched the last two times he was scum.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
I'm debating the possibilities.

But for example, I think it's weird that he hasn't quoted anybody.
On the other hand I think it's weird that he already started pre-game.

So I just don't know. I figured Faddy wasn't the person to do something like this. Normally he has so much to say and now he is restricting himself. Seems weird.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
swamped, faddy and exodus are my nulls right now.

exodus is the bigger worry since his only post is a vote on Meatwad without a real reason, which is bluh.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Meatwad (1 votes)
exodus - #135

Faddy (1 votes)
cabot - #148

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #46 #47

Post Counts:
cabot: 22 TheChuggernaut: 17 Fran: 15 Verelios: 11 SalvaPot: 10 EzekelRAGE: 9 DCPat: 9 malus: 8 Faddy: 7 Meatwad: 6 Apollo: 5 Swamped: 1 Never Forever: 1 exodus: 1

This Day phase will end in:
8fixbxiuvm

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
It's not, but I don't think we need a thread full of people trying to win people over I guess. Like I get if someone wants it but doesn't really feel like wasting time trying to get people to vote for them because the odds aren't exactly great.

I mean, isn't that just what we need? What else are we supposed to be doing? A person that tries to get votes is at least active and trying to get people to vote for you would seem to be the point of this D1. There's not much else to do other than try to get people to vote for you and try to get an understanding of who else you can trust to vote for. Honestly, I find it weird how some people are kind of happy to sit back and let it... not be them for now and are acting super unbothered about the enterprise without even trying. Like, if as far as you know, you're the only person you can trust in this game to help Town win, wouldn't you be a little more proactive about it? but then again, idk if I'm really one to talk about that

like... there's more way to garner votes than just actively stating 'please vote for me' at the end of every post, an active town is a happy town etc etc etc

Faddy's behaviour straddles this weird line between being kind of super striking but also turning himself into a complete non-factor in this vote, meaning that he becomes just as easy to gloss over as most anyone else

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, isn't that just what we need? What else are we supposed to be doing? A person that tries to get votes is at least active and trying to get people to vote for you would seem to be the point of this D1. There's not much else to do other than try to get people to vote for you and try to get an understanding of who else you can trust to vote for. Honestly, I find it weird how some people are kind of happy to sit back and let it... not be them for now and are acting super unbothered about the enterprise without even trying. Like, if as far as you know, you're the only person you can trust in this game to help Town win, wouldn't you be a little more proactive about it? but then again, idk if I'm really one to talk about that

like... there's more way to garner votes than just actively stating 'please vote for me' at the end of every post, an active town is a happy town etc etc etc

Faddy's behaviour straddles this weird line between being kind of super striking but also turning himself into a complete non-factor in this vote, meaning that he becomes just as easy to gloss over as most anyone else

I mean, realistically someone that's town is going to have 9 or 10 other teammates and your chances of hitting another town with that vote is pretty high. I'm kind of with you on this, but I can see why a player might not want to make a bunch of posts about how people should vote for them. Also, with just one post from Swamped, I have no idea if she's actually trying to get votes or not so I probably won't say much about this from now on.

On another note, all of your posts feel super town and I'm thinking I might vote you now

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, if I get the role, I'll just be up front about what it does and we can work out what to do with it together as one big Simon family*

*I may or may not actually listen to the rest of you.

I like that. Also, I do think the power should go to someone active. Chuggs fits the bill. I don't think scum would be actively asking for the power on D1. It brings too much attention to them.

VOTE: TheChuggernaut

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, not convinced by NF myself. His answers seem canned lol. Yes, we're obliged to say "you're the only person you can trust". And I guess we're obliged to comment on Faddy's weirdness. I just don't see much else in his posts, just what I see as "obligatory" comments.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
did you read his posts?

He clearly explained the purpose of this day phase and what should be the expected play. I don't see someone loosely saying things to meet obligations, theres some original genuine thoughts though.

I do like your point about scum not actively asking for the power on D1, though that's mostly because it incriminates yourself.

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
I dunno, not convinced by NF myself. His answers seem canned lol. Yes, we're obliged to say "you're the only person you can trust". And I guess we're obliged to comment on Faddy's weirdness. I just don't see much else in his posts, just what I see as "obligatory" comments.

I mean I can't really argue with this, I'm never very good at getting things rolling for myself D1, I never know what questions to ask and I feel even more marooned when I have no recent play history with anyone to fall back on and am still getting back into the swing of feeling out personalities

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really liking Chugger here. Big fan about being open about it and discussing together how to proceed with Simon stuff.

VOTE: TheChuggernaut

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
my main issue with going all-in with TheChuggernaut is that maybe he'll be a bit too straightforward and open to outside voices with the power, I want someone who's a bit more weird and self-directed with it because the last thing I want is scum being able to storyboard things from a Simon whose thought process is easy to understand and sway, if that makes sense

honestly I'm super inclined to vote for Swamped because I'm strange and somebody being distrustful of me automatically makes me feel better than someone trusting me lol

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
my main issue with going all-in with TheChuggernaut is that maybe he'll be a bit too straightforward and open to outside voices with the power, I want someone who's a bit more weird and self-directed with it because the last thing I want is scum being able to storyboard things from a Simon whose thought process is easy to understand and sway, if that makes sense

honestly I'm super inclined to vote for Swamped because I'm strange and somebody being distrustful of me automatically makes me feel better than someone trusting me lol

I understand your point, but there is an argument for both ways in this case.

But in your line of thinking you also think Chugger is town in the position, which in my opinion is still better than somebody you are less sure about.

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, at the end of the day, I'm going to do what I want to do. I will heavily consider what town has to say, but if I think town is making a mistake, I'm not going to do what they want. If I become God Simon I will try to be as transparent as possible about it, and if I decide to go off the beaten path, then I'll
explain why.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
did you read his posts?

He clearly explained the purpose of this day phase and what should be the expected play. I don't see someone loosely saying things to meet obligations, theres some original genuine thoughts though.

I do like your point about scum not actively asking for the power on D1, though that's mostly because it incriminates yourself.

At the time of this post, NF had only made 2 posts...and both were mostly about getting people to vote for them, as you can only trust yourself. And voting for your town reads. Not exactly the most original thoughts, but NF is eloquent, I'll give you that. I'm surprised you've taken a liking to him so quickly given that he didn't even post all that much.

And yes, fully aware that I'm incriminating myself with the statement about not actively asking for the power :P. I was just deliciously waiting for someone to pounce on that lol. Well, the statement stands. Scum is always among the coasters.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
It's not really useless. It's what you should be thinking.

NF hasn't played for years, which is a good reason to take a look at his posts.

I don't really see anything there thats setting off alarm bells, bar that comment about voting Swamped just now.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
did you read his posts?

But neither of both posts make me think that he couldn't be scum. He is talking mostly about today mechanics. It's fine but both aligments could do it.

I want someone who's a bit more weird and self-directed with it

400149.gif

I mean, at the end of the day, I'm going to do what I want to do. I will heavily consider what town has to say, but if I think town is making a mistake, I'm not going to do what they want. If I become God Simon I will try to be as transparent as possible about it, and if I decide to go off the beaten path, then I'll
explain why.

But will you still don't use the role D1?

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
I mean, at the end of the day, I'm going to do what I want to do. I will heavily consider what town has to say, but if I think town is making a mistake, I'm not going to do what they want. If I become God Simon I will try to be as transparent as possible about it, and if I decide to go off the beaten path, then I'll explain why.

see, you're definitely very agreeable and reasonable... but I'm not super sure if I want that

like, why even heavily consider what Town says, it's not like Town ever speaks with one voice anyway, and it's not like Town always knows what's best. it just kind of shifts responsibility for decision-making back and makes it easy to point the finger back at the rest of us if things are going poorly. I know that you go on to state that if you think Town's making a mistake you'll do your own thing, but then it makes you difficult to get a grasp on because how are the rest of us supposed to trust what counts to you as 'making a mistake' versus 'making the right decision', you know?

I'd rather someone who I can consistently count on to do their own thing, even if they're a bit abrasive and maybe coming into conflict with the wishes of the collective, because it's easier to see where they're coming from as an individual voice

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on what the role actually is and how things go. I am open to using the role as soon as I can.

I don't like all this indecision. I want someone who is not afraid to use his role.

Possible candidates:

[She/her] Swamped - EST
[He/him] Verelios - EST
[He/him] exodus - EST
[He/him] EzekelRAGE - CST
[He/him] SalvaPot - PST
[He/him] Meatwad - EST
[She/her] Apollo - EST
[He/him] DCPat - CET
[He/him] Never Forever - GMT
[He/him] TheChuggernaut - CST
[He/him] Faddy - UTC

[He/him] cabot - UTC
[He/him] malus - CET

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like all this indecision. I want someone who is not afraid to use his role.

Possible candidates:

[She/her] Swamped - EST
[He/him] Verelios - EST
[He/him] exodus - EST
[He/him] EzekelRAGE - CST
[He/him] SalvaPot - PST
[He/him] Meatwad - EST
[She/her] Apollo - EST
[He/him] DCPat - CET
[He/him] Never Forever - GMT
[He/him] TheChuggernaut - CST
[He/him] Faddy - UTC

[He/him] cabot - UTC
[He/him] malus - CET

How am I supposed to actually say one way or the other if I don't actually know what the role is?

Oct 25, 2017
see, you're definitely very agreeable and reasonable... but I'm not super sure if I want that

like, why even heavily consider what Town says, it's not like Town ever speaks with one voice anyway, and it's not like Town always knows what's best. it just kind of shifts responsibility for decision-making back and makes it easy to point the finger back at the rest of us if things are going poorly. I know that you go on to state that if you think Town's making a mistake you'll do your own thing, but then it makes you difficult to get a grasp on because how are the rest of us supposed to trust what counts to you as 'making a mistake' versus 'making the right decision', you know?

I'd rather someone who I can consistently count on to do their own thing, even if they're a bit abrasive and maybe coming into conflict with the wishes of the collective, because it's easier to see where they're coming from as an individual voice

Town has a general consensuses and that's what I would consider. As far as the what counts as making a mistake and what not, I would explain why I'm not going with what the majority wants and why I'm doing my own thing. And if I do decide to do what the majority wants to do, I'll explain why I think the majority has the right idea also.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
How am I supposed to actually say one way or the other if I don't actually know what the role is?

It's just that this seems like a big mechanic of the game so not using it the first day just makes us harder to know how the game works. Just using the role could provide us with a lot of info about how the game is played. Also, as both town or scum could get the role, I don't think it will be all that powerful as it could break the game. I'm thinking it could be something like "Simon says that you can't change your votes" or "Simon says that there is no majority rule". Something mild that will not break the game no matter what aligment gets the role.

I'm not scumreading you for this (or any of the people that I crossed). It's just that I want something else for that role.

Oct 25, 2017
It's just that this seems like a big mechanic of the game so not using it the first day just makes us harder to know how the game works. Just using the role could provide us with a lot of info about how the game is played. Also, as both town or scum could get the role, I don't think it will be all that powerful as it could break the game. I'm thinking it could be something like "Simon says that you can't change your votes" or "Simon says that there is no majority rule". Something mild that will not break the game no matter what aligment gets the role.

I'm not scumreading you for this (or any of the people that I crossed). It's just that I want something else for that role.

Yeah, I was thinking it would kind of like that also and less likely to be something like a shot or an override. If it was a modifier I would probably just pop that right away.