• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
solid contributor, positive impact in driving discussion so far, independent

VOTE: cabot

52324.jpg

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
I like your method of elimination Fran, but I think you are a bit hard on Chugger
Meh, its day one. If this continued day 2, then look at it.

DCPat doubt it's post restriction. he was doing it before the game started i believe?

Yea, so that's why I suggest when he comes back and it isn't post restriction, he drops it.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I like your method of elimination Fran, but I think you are a bit hard on Chugger

Maybe. I'm just feeling that he is trying to please people and saying the right things to get voted. Kinda what Never Forever said.

I don't find it scummy, it's just that I want someone different for the role.

Yea, so that's why I suggest when he comes back and it isn't post restriction, he drops it.

I'm leaning to believe that Faddy is playing like Kark and trying to be the most antitown player so he can get reads from reactions.

What Faddy didn't realized is that it never worked good for Kark and it's a waste of town's time.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe. I'm just feeling that he is trying to please people and saying the right things to get voted. Kinda what Never Forever said.

I don't find it scummy, it's just that I want someone different for the role.

I'm leaning to believe that Faddy is playing like Kark and trying to be the most antitown player so he can get reads from reactions.

What Faddy didn't realized is that it never worked good for Kark and it's a waste of town's time.

Yea, I've only had negative experiences with these kind of things. Totally agree it's a waste of time.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
My current theory about the role is that Simon chooses a modifier or task for the day from a list of available modifiers/tasks. So ultimately I think it doesn't really matter who gets the role since they will have to choose on their own in the first night anyway. If it's a bad modifier they will have to explain themselves and otherwise it doesn't really matter who issued the command.

What is actually interesting to me is, who do we think is important enough to give them a one night bulletproof.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

RED

RED

GREEN

GREEN

YELLOW

...Are you ready for Part 2!

RED

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
What is actually interesting to me is, who do we think is important enough to give them a one night bulletproof.
Seems this question largely relies on meta which sux, but we need something to go on to start. For me it would be faddy or chug. I remember them being good-decent town players if they are town.

But if you want someone who will not be swayed.

Someone who will stand firmly behind their reasoning in using the Simon power.

Someone who looks outside the box.

Then look no further than me.

*truffleshuffle*
——————
Logically ppl with a strong town game should be chosen. My vote will fall between chugs and faddy most likely.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I think so far, Faddy has made the strongest case as a Simon candidate.
Faddy should be Simon, It's clear now
Seems this question largely relies on meta which sux, but we need something to go on to start. For me it would be faddy

GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

RED

RED

GREEN

GREEN

YELLOW

RED

YELLOW

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Good point. Who do you think would be best?
Hard to say with only D1 information, but so far I think you have made some solid contributions besides choosing Simon. Faddy is usually a strong town player, but with his current behavior I have a hard time suggesting him. I think cabot is also a rather strong player with lots of experience, so I would also consider him.

Seems this question largely relies on meta which sux, but we need something to go on to start. For me it would be faddy or chug. I remember them being good-decent town players if they are town.

But if you want someone who will not be swayed.

Someone who will stand firmly behind their reasoning in using the Simon power.

Someone who looks outside the box.

Then look no further than me.

*truffleshuffle*
——————
Logically ppl with a strong town game should be chosen. My vote will fall between chugs and faddy most likely.
Sure you can be quite headstrong, but that makes you a good candidate for scum to set up as a mislynch so you don't really need a bulletproof.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have a post restriction to follow? Make the next color green for "yes", red for "no", yellow for "maybe" or blue for "I don't know".

But how would that work? If Faddy can only posts colors how could he play the game?

Honestly I don't believe this because a restriction like this would be really frustating and not fun for the player. This isn't like writting in haikus or without vowels or posting in gifs only. There is no way that Faddy could play a game with this restriction and I don't believe that Pedro would use it.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
there's 0 chance faddy has a post restriction that's been active since before the game started lol

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, isn't that just what we need? What else are we supposed to be doing? A person that tries to get votes is at least active and trying to get people to vote for you would seem to be the point of this D1. There's not much else to do other than try to get people to vote for you and try to get an understanding of who else you can trust to vote for. Honestly, I find it weird how some people are kind of happy to sit back and let it... not be them for now and are acting super unbothered about the enterprise without even trying. Like, if as far as you know, you're the only person you can trust in this game to help Town win, wouldn't you be a little more proactive about it? but then again, idk if I'm really one to talk about that

like... there's more way to garner votes than just actively stating 'please vote for me' at the end of every post, an active town is a happy town etc etc etc

Faddy's behaviour straddles this weird line between being kind of super striking but also turning himself into a complete non-factor in this vote, meaning that he becomes just as easy to gloss over as most anyone else
I agree with the sitting back being odd part for different reasons. If I was scum and saw the Simon rules, I'd be the first to be wary of getting it because firstly, you're under intense scrutiny. Secondly, Simon is safe from N1's NK, but assumingly by Pedro's post not from lynches or NKs afterwards. Thirdly, town lynches on suspicion so Simon is ripe pickings based on scrutiny. Everyone throwing the hot potato is suss.

In my opinion, Simon needs to be someone that can convincingly explain their actions' reasoning, convince town not to lynch them, and convince town that they're a net positive even under scrutiny.

I like Chugger for Simon because he's reasonable. He listens to reasonable arguments and reason instead of gambits, which is both good and bad. Bad because transparency is somewhat helpful for scum, good because town knows what's going on. The other side of this is, as has already been said, the weakening of Simon's own choice. It depends on how willing we are as town to trust Simon. Or possibly lynch them.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

RED

RED

GREEN

GREEN

YELLOW

RED

YELLOW

BLUE

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still not even sure why exodus left a random vote and dipped without any explanation, then came back to start ripping on NF.

That's not very good resume material.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My current theory about the role is that Simon chooses a modifier or task for the day from a list of available modifiers/tasks. So ultimately I think it doesn't really matter who gets the role since they will have to choose on their own in the first night anyway. If it's a bad modifier they will have to explain themselves and otherwise it doesn't really matter who issued the command.

I believe the bulletproof is made:

1: to be an incentive to get the role
2: For scum OR any killing role to not be able to kill the elected simon

If I was designing this game around a day gimmick, I'll want a safeguard in place for it to be played at leaat once.

But the bulletproof does tells us that we are probably looking at a vigilante of some kind in the game. I think.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

RED

RED

GREEN

GREEN

YELLOW

RED

YELLOW

BLUE

GREEN

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Activity sucks so far in the game. I would like to read more from some people like Swamped , exodus , SalvaPot and Meatwad .

Would you like some hot takes? Let's play the "no null reads" game:

Verelios - town
exodus - town
EzekelRAGE - town
Fran - town
SalvaPot - scum
Meatwad - town
Apollo - scum
DCPat - town
Never Forever - scum
TheChuggernaut - town
Faddy - town
cabot - scum
malus - town

I have some specious reasoning for some of these? Some are gut, like my DCPat read. I like his posts so far.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
God dammit Faddy, this is so suss.
Also want to add that it literally is stated as immune to kills. You can make a case that the BP comment is completely innocuous and contained in immune to kills but this is an odd thing to out yourself over.

How did he "out" himself? I think I'm missing something.

Also, what's so suspicious about Faddy finally playing the game? you didn't really think it was a post restriction, right?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Also want to add that it literally is stated as immune to kills. You can make a case that the BP comment is completely innocuous and contained in immune to kills but this is an odd thing to out yourself over.

I got tired of reading Cabot being very obvious scum but no one calling him out.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
How did he "out" himself? I think I'm missing something.

Also, what's so suspicious about Faddy finally playing the game? you didn't really think it was a post restriction, right?
Out, as in stop playing his game. Logically, Faddy hasn't been doing anything but self-directed twister so when he stopped at that point to call out Cabot it was kind of...eh. It would've been better if he provided some reasoning.

No, I didn't think it was a post restriction since he started playing before the game. Then again, I didn't really care if it was because something would have to give by D2, so I could ignore it. Now I want to hear what Faddy has to say/offer.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Out, as in stop playing his game. Logically, Faddy hasn't been doing anything but self-directed twister so when he stopped at that point to call out Cabot it was kind of...eh. It would've been better if he provided some reasoning.

No, I didn't think it was a post restriction since he started playing before the game. Then again, I didn't really care if it was because something would have to give by D2, so I could ignore it. Now I want to hear what Faddy has to say/offer.

I say vote for me to be Simon.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Exodus voted for meatwad who didn't want to be Simon...maybe it's a way for scum to vote but not really have their vote count because meatwad is not a realistic choice. But the nonchalant way he did it is making me town read him.

Apollo - honestly not too sure, but I'm playing the no nulls game and my gut leans scum on her.

Never Forever - Something in his posts feels like he's trying to speak like scum thinks town would talk.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Exodus voted for meatwad who didn't want to be Simon...maybe it's a way for scum to vote but not really have their vote count because meatwad is not a realistic choice. But the nonchalant way he did it is making me town read.

There was pretty much no activity by the time I voted. Just a joke vote more or less. I haven't made up my mind yet. Will be reading through everything and making a serious vote later tonight.