• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Here is a nice collecction of scum cabot posts

Why wouldn't you want to be Simon right now, Meatwad?
what are people thinking about nominating a simon?

For me it's a solid town read, someone who i feel is sensible as a player and maybe a little bit unpredictable as well.
Everyone should have at least one candidate for Simon that isn't themselves, because voting for yourself doesn't contribute to your numbers.
how much would you hurt fran if you were simon, Chug?

I'm sorry to say that these are bad posts and cabot is better as town. He also is not at all frustrated by the state of the game. Where as I have a bit of a town read on Fran because I can feel his frustration with the game through my screen.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
There you had your five seconds in the spotlight, Faddy.

Vote: Swamped

I'm always a bit weary of town reading someone posting so well on day 1, but I have a good feeling about Swamped and she at least won't play too chaotically.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Also Cabot's bullshit vote for Never Forever.

Now I don't have a problem with what NF wrote about why they wanted to be simon but Cabot wanted to look townie and reward a genuine town post. And it went against all the criteria stuff Cabot had posted about before.

He did that looking for town points because he is scum.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Scum reading NF. Too much meta talk about town. Total scum play in my eyes.

And Faddy...well he's basically Blarg Jr at this point. I'd vote for a Faddy lynch if I could.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I take it back Faddy. You're making some good posts now. Thought you'd be a forever blarg this game.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
wide-eye-gif-4.gif

cabot, the Mafia Hammerer, is eliminated
OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
cabot has died!

Hello, and welcome to Simon Says!

You are a Hammerer: you can secretly place your vote on a player by sending me a PM with the command HAMMER: <Player Name>.
You can only use your power if such player needs only 1 more vote to reach majority and be lynched, and if you do not currently have a vote on them.
This means that by using your power, you will secure the lynch and end the current Day.
In order to protect your identity, your previous and public vote will still appear in the vote count, while your secret vote will appear as belonging to "The Hammerer".

Your partners are [redacted]. As part of the Mafia, you have access to your factional kill which can be executed every Night by posting the command KILL: <Player Name> on your private thread.
You are aligned with Mafia and win when your faction controls the majority of votes at day start.

The game thread is here. The Mafia thread is here.
If you have any questions, please send a PM to Pedro.
Simon says: "After reading this message, please reply to it to confirm you received it".

Good luck!

The Day continues, carry on.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
There you had your five seconds in the spotlight, Faddy.

Vote: Swamped

I'm always a bit weary of town reading someone posting so well on day 1, but I have a good feeling about Swamped and she at least won't play too chaotically.

Aw thanks bud!

Faddy, I'm agreeing with your cabot read. What is your read on NF?

I have both NF and cabot down as scum but actually that isn't logical. Scum wouldn't be so quick to vote for their own based on only 2 posts (NF's posts). Between the two, leaning harder on cabot at this point.

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
...man, I am so bad at this

but even a moron like me can see that this is probably the right course of action

VOTE: Faddy

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Aw I kinda feel bad for cabot now.

Faddy is most likely town, that would be a safe vote.

NF is probably town too.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Cabot and Fran butted heads earlier today too. Is Fran town? Should probably re-read.

Fran pushed me to explain 3 of my reads (exodus, Apollo and NF). But didn't push me on my cabot scum read. Why is that Fran?

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say much because I'm in class still, but that was a hell of a play. Good job, Faddy. I'll switch my vote to you in a couple of hours

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Cabot and Fran butted heads earlier today too. Is Fran town? Should probably re-read.

Fran pushed me to explain 3 of my reads (exodus, Apollo and NF). But didn't push me on my cabot scum read. Why is that Fran?

Yeah that needs a careful re-read now.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves with a solid Fran town read.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like exodus as cabot's potential scum buddy atm. He has seemed very quick to push himself away from him.

I liked this simon related post the most so far.
I like it the least so far. "I trust myself because I'm town" is such a useless post.
It's not really useless. It's what you should be thinking.

And again here when he gives a very non-comittal "nice posts faddy!"

I take it back Faddy. You're making some good posts now. Thought you'd be a forever blarg this game.

Something to mull over

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
See Apollo this is where you are wrong. Cabot's other partner is Meatwad

You can tell by the tone of interaction where Cabot is being reasonable and back and forth with everyone else but calls Meatwad a nerd and is dismissive.

Cabot knows he doesn't need to convince Meatwad of his alignment because they are scum together.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
That was a bit weird. I remember saying something about exodus' activity
I'm still not even sure why exodus left a random vote and dipped without any explanation, then came back to start ripping on NF.

That's not very good resume material.
Here, and Cabot made his random vote into a joke
maybe he was on the reverse reverse reverse reverse page of his resume.
Here. Which was odd, but not unlike Cabot so I didn't pursue it. It did detract away from Ex coasting.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You can tell by the tone of interaction where Cabot is being reasonable and back and forth with everyone else but calls Meatwad a nerd and is dismissive.

Cabot knows he doesn't need to convince Meatwad of his alignment because they are scum together.

fwiw I still think meatwad's posts are fairly scummy, so it wouldn't surprise me lol

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

I am currently at school so I don't really have time to get into a discussion right now but I just have to take a brief moment and say it's amazing how you can be so right and then turn around and be so wrong

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Good shot Faddy. Sorry for calling you antitown.

Because those where the 3 reads that were opposite to mine and caught my attention. I had exodus as scum and NF and Apollo as different degrees of town.

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Faddy

Anyway, I've played with scum Fran before and scum Fran was very frustrated with the game there so I don't think that makes him town. At this moment, I don't think he's scum, but I agree with what a lot of others have said, we can't just assume he's town

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Majority is 7.

==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Faddy (5 votes)
cabot - #148 #172
exodus - #253 #254
Apollo - #262
Never Forever - #265
Swamped - #274
DCPat - #283
TheChuggernaut - #284

malus (1 votes)
cabot - #182

Swamped (1 votes)
exodus - #254

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #46 #47

Meatwad (0 votes)
exodus - #135 #253

Never Forever (0 votes)
cabot - #172 #182
TheChuggernaut - #175 #284

cabot (0 votes)
Never Forever - #200 #265

TheChuggernaut (0 votes)
Swamped - #176 #274
DCPat - #180 #283

Post Counts:
cabot: 34 TheChuggernaut: 29 Fran: 26 Faddy: 23 Verelios: 20 Swamped: 15 DCPat: 15 EzekelRAGE: 13 malus: 13 Apollo: 13 SalvaPot: 12 exodus: 9 Meatwad: 7 Never Forever: 7

This Day phase will end in:
8fixbxiuvm

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
I didnt read much back. But I remember the vote from Cabot for malus to be weird.

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
Meatwad's early posts feel a bit too obviously disastrous to me. 'Make sure Simon isn't scum!' is like... duh. You'd think that scum would be a bit more judicious, but idk. Explicitly stating you don't want to be Simon off the bat is similarly very on-the-nose and attention attracting, just as much as saying you want to be Simon. The 'best' way to handle it as scum would surely be to just... glide past it. Outright stating that you don't want it makes you easy to interpret as pre-emptively not wanting attention in future and it becomes an easy finger point later, but... I'm just assuming that everyone does the optimum thing all the time, which they most certainly don't! Exodus is a bit more of a glider to me. Idk, I'm useless.

I am currently at school so I don't really have time to get into a discussion right now but I just have to take a brief moment and say it's amazing how you can be so right and then turn around and be so wrong

but then again, this kind of tone is definitely just giving the worst vibes!

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Reread Cabot:

First he had some interaction with Meatwad:

nerds don't get to be Simon.

NERD

Then he had some interactions with Chugger when he was campaigning for Simon:

You make a strong argument, Cabot

He says that he don't want to vote for me for weak meta arguments:

I'd vote against Fran for this reason.

He likes NF posts:

I liked this simon related post the most so far.

Decides that he won't vote for Chugger:

too reasonable.

You will not be voted.

NEXT

Votes Faddy:

VOTE: Faddy

RED

RED

RED
RED
RED
REDRED

REDREDRED

RED

Unsure about Swamped:

Well we're agreed on that one.

Not really sure what to make of Swamped wanting to be Simon because she's curious. It's not the greatest reason to garner support.

Nulls reads:

swamped, faddy and exodus are my nulls right now.

exodus is the bigger worry since his only post is a vote on Meatwad without a real reason, which is bluh.

Townreading NF:

I was hoping he'd react to it somehow.

NF may or may not be my leading candidate.

Aside from me. I'm the best. Pick me.

Votes NF:

kind of pointless keeping my vote since i gave away the reason.

VOTE: Never Forever

Alter my flow, baby.

Explains why he voted NF:

did you read his posts?

He clearly explained the purpose of this day phase and what should be the expected play. I don't see someone loosely saying things to meet obligations, theres some original genuine thoughts though.

I do like your point about scum not actively asking for the power on D1, though that's mostly because it incriminates yourself.

Votes Malus:

Says that he was thinking about voting Apollo but he was still unsure:

I actually was thinking about you being my pick, but you've not really sold me.

After rereading I still feel good about NF. I feel that Cabot was trying to pocket him.

Feeling not so good on Apollo. That last post feels fake. Also feeling bad about Exodus.

I'm still unsure about Chugger and Swamped. I'm slight town reading Swamped for her post and Cabot posts about Swamped didn't changed my mind. I'm still wary of Chugger after he sounded kinda fake and the way Cabot reacted to him could be read as a bus.

Oct 25, 2017
Reread Cabot:

First he had some interaction with Meatwad:

Then he had some interactions with Chugger when he was campaigning for Simon:

He says that he don't want to vote for me for weak meta arguments:

He likes NF posts:

Decides that he won't vote for Chugger:

Votes Faddy:

Unsure about Swamped:

Nulls reads:

Townreading NF:

Votes NF:

Explains why he voted NF:

Votes Malus:

Says that he was thinking about voting Apollo but he was still unsure:

After rereading I still feel good about NF. I feel that Cabot was trying to pocket him.

Feeling not so good on Apollo. That last post feels fake. Also feeling bad about Exodus.

I'm still unsure about Chugger and Swamped. I'm slight town reading Swamped for her post and Cabot posts about Swamped didn't changed my mind. I'm still wary of Chugger after he sounded kinda fake and the way Cabot reacted to him could be read as a bus.

Are you saying the fake part was what you quoted from me? Because that was supposed to be a joke. I wasn't actually going to vote for Cabot because of his hair lol

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Meatwad I still feel that scum wouldn't say that they don't want the role as they would try to blend in and not draw attention to them. I'm not sure about Faddy's theories about them. It's kinda flimsy.

I feel way worse about Exodus than Meatwad after rereading Cabot.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
you really want my vote with this slanderous poison?

Personally, I'm still in MafiEra withdrawal, so having my vote to lynch taken away yet again brings me great pleasure.

I'd vote against Fran for this reason.

I don't understand this post, can someone explain to me? I don't understand cabot's reason for not wanting to vote for Fran. Is it something to do with MafiEra? I didn't quite follow that game.

But if so, it's weird that he is so adamant about not voting Fran for a meta reason.

I wasn't there at day end for that game, and subsequently died, but I was not happy with how you led that phase at all.

His back-and-forth with Fran is mostly discussing his play style in previous games. Fran defends his play from previous games, but doesn't really push cabot much otherwise in THIS game. Feeling unsure about Fran.

I actually was thinking about you being my pick, but you've not really sold me.

Thinking about Apollo. He was considering voting for her. Hmm this post kinda makes me lean more scum on Apollo.

Interesting how you went to bulletproof.

It's stated as immune to kills

This is in response to SalvaPot. Not sure what to make of it. Now that cabot has flipped we can attribute this to typical scum busywork. I thought this post was interesting, but I don't think it's alignment indicative.

Faddy why did this post make you scum read cabot (I know there were other posts too, but you called out this one first). I checked the opening again, and he was right.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Fran You bring up a good point about exodus. I could lean scum on him. In that list of nulls was me, faddy and exodus, and he further discusses exo. I'm town, Faddy is likely town, so that leaves exo. Question is would he insert a scum partner in a null read list? Possibly. He talks about how he didn't like Exo's vote on meatwad, so why not just lean scum read exo for it?