• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
Thinking about Apollo. He was considering voting for her. Hmm this post kinda makes me lean more scum on Apollo.

like...

I'd still like to be simon tbh, I'm an okay pick
I actually was thinking about you being my pick, but you've not really sold me.
I still have time to convince you all!

hey, let's touch base so we're not obviously avoiding each other's existence, but let's say absolutely nothing!

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this post, can someone explain to me? I don't understand cabot's reason for not wanting to vote for Fran. Is it something to do with MafiEra? I didn't quite follow that game.

But if so, it's weird that he is so adamant about not voting Fran for a meta reason.

Mafiera had a mechanic were a Executioner was chosen D1 so there were no lynch votes. D2 I had an override and claimed that would use it during that day. Cabot was unhappy as that would mean 2 days without lynch votes. The truth is that D2 I lynched scum, forced a fake claim on another and a third scum made a mistake that got him lynched. So his reasons were really weak. I'm thinking that he didn't wanted that I got the role because I can be kinda unpredictable so I could be dangerous.

His back-and-forth with Fran is mostly discussing his play style in previous games. Fran defends his play from previous games, but doesn't really push cabot much otherwise in THIS game. Feeling unsure about Fran.

I questioned Cabot a couple of times like when he voted Faddy or when he talked about NF. I didn't pushed to hard because we aren't lynching anyone today so, without lynch votes, it's was not so useful. My main focus was finding a good town read today.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Verelios - town
exodus - scum
EzekelRAGE - town
Fran - scum
SalvaPot - town
Meatwad - town
Apollo - scum
DCPat - town
Never Forever - town
TheChuggernaut - town
Faddy - town
malus - town

Updated. No nulls allowed in this list! But I'm most unsure about my read on Fran right now.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Swamped

I was mulling over Cabot while I was playing Simon and it was just a tone thing. It is a very fine line between scum reading cabot and assuming he was making his own plays to get reads.

Sure he was right about bulletproof vs immune to night kill but that isn't a distinction worth making. And really was just the latest in a whole line of posts where I felt he was really struggling to be townie. Cabot undoubtedly had done the most in the game with interactions and stances but it never felt like he was trying to solve the game.

You had him as scum too. So it wasn't like I was saying something brand new. But I felt he was getting to control the narrative of the day and definitely did not want him to get simon.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Actually Swamped I see what you mean now...

When I said "No it isn't" to Cabot it was about the part where he thought it was "interesting" rather than him being factually correct.

LOL. I spent a good 5 minutes deciding how to write that post too. Then decided just to go with Cabot = obvious scum.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017

When I said "No it isn't" to Cabot it was about the part where he thought it was "interesting" rather than him being factually correct.

LOL. I spent a good 5 minutes deciding how to write that post too. Then decided just to go with Cabot = obvious scum.

That is indeed what I meant. I'm dumb lol.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Mafiera had a mechanic were a Executioner was chosen D1 so there were no lynch votes. D2 I had an override and claimed that would use it during that day. Cabot was unhappy as that would mean 2 days without lynch votes. The truth is that D2 I lynched scum, forced a fake claim on another and a third scum made a mistake that got him lynched. So his reasons were really weak. I'm thinking that he didn't wanted that I got the role because I can be kinda unpredictable so I could be dangerous.

I questioned Cabot a couple of times like when he voted Faddy or when he talked about NF. I didn't pushed to hard because we aren't lynching anyone today so, without lynch votes, it's was not so useful. My main focus was finding a good town read today.

Thanks for the background! I see it now.

I think it's still useful to push people as we presumably need to lynch them in the following days?

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I know I said I was going to look into some stuff, but I've slept 4 hours in the last 2 days and I really just want to pass out. I'll get to it in the morning.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Please post your theory.
I would be interested to read this theory
It was odd faddy randomly started posting normal and just happened to point out scum.

Scum faddy and scum Cabot get into a back and forth. No matter what happens, neither can be lynched,maybe one comes out cleaner after the back and forth.

Then boom shot outta nowhere

Ends the scum vs scum back and forth that was meant for show.

Although scum is down one. The other scum gets a load of town points.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's still useful to push people as we presumably need to lynch them in the following days?

But I pushed Cabot when I didn't liked his posts. I called him out when he said that he wouldn't vote for me. I questioned him when he voted Faddy:

Why are you voting for Faddy then?

And questioned when he was town reading NF:

But neither of both posts make me think that he couldn't be scum. He is talking mostly about today mechanics. It's fine but both aligments could do it.

But your case is why I didn't I pushed HARD on Cabot D1, with only 24hs into the game, in a day when we can't lynch? The same can be said about everyone else besides Faddy.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I was thinking along similar lines earlier myself but I kinda doubt it tbh. Most likely to me is Faddy just noticed the way Cabot was acting and went with his instincts. That kind of play would be incredibly risky. Great for scum if they can pull it off but disastrous for them if town manages to see through the ruse.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
It was odd faddy randomly started posting normal and just happened to point out scum.

Scum faddy and scum Cabot get into a back and forth. No matter what happens, neither can be lynched,maybe one comes out cleaner after the back and forth.

What? This doesn't make sense Zeke. If it was a goon fine, but d1 is basically easy mode and Cabot's power is insane in a game this small. Kill a silent voter? Why? For possible town cred?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

And people call me paranoid....

Scum wouldn't Day kill another of their members D1 to get town credit.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, sorry last thing.

This is the most Zeke post

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

That's what I was confused about, because Cabot was technically right, even though it didn't matter.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
What? This doesn't make sense Zeke. If it was a goon fine, but d1 is basically easy mode and Cabot's power is insane in a game this small. Kill a silent voter? Why? For possible town cred?
Idk, have a big drawn out fight day 1. Either one of them flips, gives the other town points.

And people call me paranoid....

Scum wouldn't Day kill another of their members D1 to get town credit.
I'm operating on the vig wasn't faddy. They were just a trigger happy vig.

Okay, sorry last thing.

This is the most Zeke post
Lol

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I was thinking along similar lines earlier myself but I kinda doubt it tbh. Most likely to me is Faddy just noticed the way Cabot was acting and went with his instincts. That kind of play would be incredibly risky. Great for scum if they can pull it off but disastrous for them if town manages to see through the ruse.
Day 1. Not really risky. Especially since there is no lynch today. They just didn't account for a vig shooting so early in the gambit.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Verelios - town
exodus - scum
EzekelRAGE - town
Fran - scum
SalvaPot - town
Meatwad - town
Apollo - scum
DCPat - town
Never Forever - town
TheChuggernaut - town
Faddy - town
malus - town

Updated. No nulls allowed in this list! But I'm most unsure about my read on Fran right now.
I'm curious, what made you change your minx about my alignment for now?

Also, lol at cabot being scum. I had a weird hunch when cabot voted NF and NF voted him back, it really did felt like cabot was trying to brew a positive image.

And then there was that vote on Faddy trying to have him react, when votes on this day are a positive instead of a negative.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

No way in hell scum would risk it, faddy already has the red blue green gambit going, that would be a second gambit on top of it. I don't see it.

Sure, I am not sure Faddy is town for realsies now, but I believe cabot's kill was a product of Faddys arguments.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
If Faddy didn't shoot cabot, the real vigilante should definitely come forward tomorrow. I doubt they have more than one shot and we gain a confirmed town.
However for now I'm still working under the assumption that Faddy is the vigilante. As such he will be the prime target for scum tonight, so a kill immunity is warranted I think. I'm not going to vote him just now because we are already close to a turbo.
One thing to consider is that Faddy will stay a target for scum, so we are probably looking at only one day of actual Simon play if Faddy is chosen.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
If Faddy didn't shoot cabot, the real vigilante should definitely come forward tomorrow. I doubt they have more than one shot and we gain a confirmed town.
However for now I'm still working under the assumption that Faddy is the vigilante. As such he will be the prime target for scum tonight, so a kill immunity is warranted I think. I'm not going to vote him just now because we are already close to a turbo.
One thing to consider is that Faddy will stay a target for scum, so we are probably looking at only one day of actual Simon play if Faddy is chosen.
Real vig doesn't need to come forward til like day 4/5. Not 2mrw.

Oct 25, 2017
Suspect #1

Meatwad.

Yeah, this looks like a pretty bad. He shows up says he doesn't want the role and then has an exchange with Cabot about it that feels like Cabot is trying to get on for him for possible town cred later without going full into it. I really don't like this on reread.

Suspect #2

Exodus.

Drops in, votes for Meatwad for no reason, and gets called out about Cabot for it. He then dips only to show up later and briefly comes back to say how he doesn't like NF. Then comes back later and for no reason again, votes for Swamped? And then we get this post:

Wait. What am I missing? Why did Cabot die?

Is Exodus new? Because I feel like it's fairly obvious what happened and this kind of feels like role fishing just to make sure.

That being said, I don't see both Meatwad, Exodus, and Cabot being on a team together. That's WAY too much noise involving the three of them really early on and some of it is caused by scum Cabot. It's just not something I see scum doing. I would say one of the two is probably scum, but I don't think both are.

Suspect #3

Swamped.

I like Swamped and really don't want to believe that Swamped is scum, but I've had alarm bells just blaring in my head from her during this day phase and I feel like I'll regret not saying anything.

Someone mentioned that it felt like Cabot was trying to pocket NF and I had similar concerns about Swamped trying to pocket me I guess. She talks about how she's voting for me because she feels like scum wouldn't try to get the power as hard as I've been. Cabot then points out that this incriminates Swamped herself, and then she says that she was hoping that someone would go for that, but doesn't really say anything convincing about why that makes her town. Then Cabot just kind of drops it. The whole exchange just felt very forced and I was not a fan of it.

That being said, she did seem like she was starting to move towards Cabot after Faddy started coming after her, which makes me feel a bit better, but as of right now, I think I'm still leaning scum for her.

I saw some people mention Apollo and I kind of want to reread Vere because I think I might have a blind spot for him, but as of right now, I wouldn't mind voting for one of these 3 tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
Zeke, why do you prefer Chugger over Faddy at this moment?

Zeke is on his conspiracy galaxy brain thing right now and he think Faddy went after Cabot for town points.

Faddy is proabably the closest thing to a confirmed town that we have, so I'm pretty happy with leaving my vote on him and giving him the protect for the night

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Zeke is on his conspiracy galaxy brain thing right now and he think Faddy went after Cabot for town points.

Faddy is proabably the closest thing to a confirmed town that we have, so I'm pretty happy with leaving my vote on him and giving him the protect for the night

Yea, that's my point. It's not a dig against you, but I think Faddy is our safest bet.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
That being said, I don't see both Meatwad, Exodus, and Cabot being on a team together. That's WAY too much noise involving the three of them really early on and some of it is caused by scum Cabot. It's just not something I see scum doing. I would say one of the two is probably scum, but I don't think both are.

If I would follow your line of thinking here, I'd say I have a harder time seeing exodus/cabot being scum/scum here than Meatwad and Cabot.

Oct 25, 2017
If I would follow your line of thinking here, I'd say I have a harder time seeing exodus/cabot being scum/scum here than Meatwad and Cabot.

I agree. People were saying that Meatwad had such a rough day 1 that they weren't sure about him actually being scum, but I get those vibes more from Exodus then Meatwad.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm operating on the vig wasn't faddy. They were just a trigger happy vig.

And not counterclaim? I don't believe that.

Real vig doesn't need to come forward til like day 4/5. Not 2mrw.

Why would they wait until then to counterclaim a vig? If someone else killed Cabot they need to counterclaim Faddy early.

No, he isn't.

I agree. People were saying that Meatwad had such a rough day 1 that they weren't sure about him actually being scum, but I get those vibes more from Exodus then Meatwad.

I'm leaning town on Meatwad because I don't think scum wouldn't go for the role. Even if they don't want it they would at least push for it to not draw attention to themselves. And the posts were Cabot talked about Exodus vote sounded really fake.

Honestly I would prefer someone else as Simon instead of Faddy as he already is pretty much confirmed townie. It's kind of a waste. But Simon gets night immunity so Faddy is the right choice.

Pedro Do we have majority today?

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Fran, and it's 7 now.

---

==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Faddy (5 votes)
cabot - #148 #172
exodus - #253 #254
Apollo - #262
Never Forever - #265
Swamped - #274
DCPat - #283
TheChuggernaut - #284

malus (1 votes)
cabot - #182

Swamped (1 votes)
exodus - #254

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
Swamped - #176 #274
DCPat - #180 #283
EzekelRAGE - #323

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #46 #47

Meatwad (0 votes)
exodus - #135 #253

Never Forever (0 votes)
cabot - #172 #182
TheChuggernaut - #175 #284

cabot (0 votes)
Never Forever - #200 #265

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 39 cabot: 34 Fran: 33 Faddy: 29 EzekelRAGE: 22 Swamped: 22 Verelios: 22 DCPat: 19 malus: 14 SalvaPot: 14 Apollo: 14 Meatwad: 9 exodus: 9 Never Forever: 9

This Day phase will end in:
8fixbxiuvm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm leaning town on Meatwad because I don't think scum wouldn't go for the role. Even if they don't want it they would at least push for it to not draw attention to themselves. And the posts were Cabot talked about Exodus vote sounded really fake.

Honestly I would prefer someone else as Simon instead of Faddy as he already is pretty much confirmed townie. It's kind of a waste. But Simon gets night immunity so Faddy is the right choice.

See, I feel like his post about Meatwad feel more fake then his Exodus ones. We also don't really have much for a Cabot/Exodus exchange because Exodus just dipped after he got called out. Still though, I don't think Exodus is a bad lynch, and I would be fine with either of those for tomorrow. I just think I would go for Meatwad right now.

I was thinking that about Faddy too, because he's inevitably going to get NK in a couple of days, but I would still rather him then someone that might be scum, and yeah, that night 1 protection makes it the clear choice.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
See, I feel like his post about Meatwad feel more fake then his Exodus ones. We also don't really have much for a Cabot/Exodus exchange because Exodus just dipped after he got called out. Still though, I don't think Exodus is a bad lynch, and I would be fine with either of those for tomorrow. I just think I would go for Meatwad right now.

I was thinking that about Faddy too, because he's inevitably going to get NK in a couple of days, but I would still rather him then someone that might be scum, and yeah, that night 1 protection makes it the clear choice.

My Meatwad read is unrelated with his interactions with Cabot, that I find pretty NAI. Don't you think that a scum member would not at least try to make a slight push for the Simon role instead of just drawing attention to themselves when they claim that they don't want it?

Cabot's interaction with Exodus are weird. Cabot questioned Exodus for his vote, Exodus never answered him and Cabot just made a joke after:

Vote: Meatwad

I guess your reverse-reverse-reverse psychology worked on me.

maybe he was on the reverse reverse reverse reverse page of his resume.

They look fake to me. Cabot dropped the question even when Exodus never answered him. Like Cabot was trying to force an interaction with Exodus.

Vig has no reason to cc today or early at all.

If they could counterclaim Faddy why wouldn't them? Why let Faddy be a confirmed townie on a false claim?

Oct 25, 2017
My Meatwad read is unrelated with his interactions with Cabot, that I find pretty NAI. Don't you think that a scum member would not at least try to make a slight push for the Simon role instead of just drawing attention to themselves when they claim that they don't want it?

Cabot's interaction with Exodus are weird. Cabot questioned Exodus for his vote, Exodus never answered him and Cabot just made a joke after:

They look fake to me. Cabot dropped the question even when Exodus never answered him. Like Cabot was trying to force an interaction with Exodus.

It is weird, but Cabot was making a push for it so he might of just been trying to remove himself from the conversation so scum didn't screw up trying to get the role by competing with each other.

That exchange with Exodus is rough though

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you want the vig to come forward so bad?

I think the vig already did and it's Faddy. I'm just looking at the holes of your argument.

To go more on this. Why would the vig come forward? We've got a scum kill day 1. No need to out yourself.

Because if someone else killed Cabot he can counterclaim Faddy and expose him. Why would they let Faddy gain towncredit for a kill that he didn't do?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
lol what exchange? I posted and ran. Didn't check in til the next day. Big ass snowstorm kept me busy. :/

In any case I'm at work today and should be able to catch up soon.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I think the vig already did and it's Faddy. I'm just looking at the holes of your argument.

Because if someone else killed Cabot he can counterclaim Faddy and expose him. Why would they let Faddy gain towncredit for a kill that he didn't do?
It seems you are PR fishing. It doesnt matter who shot cabot. They shouldnt cc/reveal this early.

Faddy has gained towncred for pointing out cabot to be scum. Vig shot doesnt have anything to do with it imo.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
It seems you are PR fishing. It doesnt matter who shot cabot. They shouldnt cc/reveal this early.

Faddy has gained towncred for pointing out cabot to be scum. Vig shot doesnt have anything to do with it imo.

This is the correct take. Did I shoot Cabot? I'm not saying definitively but everyone already assumed it was me.

However to think I broke out of my stupid play to directly call out a team mate is pretty far fetched.

Also Zeke if you don't think it was me that shot Cabot why do assume it is a vig and not 3rd party?