• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I think the vig already did and it's Faddy. I'm just looking at the holes of your argument.

Because if someone else killed Cabot he can counterclaim Faddy and expose him. Why would they let Faddy gain towncredit for a kill that he didn't do?
Yeah, I thought Faddy had claimed the shot already, but it seems he didn't outright state it, so I would like a clarification from him there. I don't see the benefit for Faddy to not claim the shot if he did take it though.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I like exodus as cabot's potential scum buddy atm. He has seemed very quick to push himself away from him.

I can't disagree with someone now?

And again here when he gives a very non-comittal "nice posts faddy!"

Faddy was being a Blarg jr all came and finally decided to contribute. Unless his COLOR posts were actually meaningful in some way.

Gotta applaud finally participating with substance.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't you claimed the shot here?:

I feel like you could take that to mean he's just happy about the flip. Anyway, I don't think it's too out there to say it was Faddy though. Either Faddy did, or was someone was really swayed by Faddy's post, and while they were good posts, I don't think they were so good that someone else was willing to use a vig shot because of them. I'm sure scum is just assuming it's Faddy also.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Is Exodus new? Because I feel like it's fairly obvious what happened and this kind of feels like role fishing just to make sure.

I am not new, however a day vig is a completely new role to me.

Anyways I don't even think I'm going to bother defending myself at this point. Feel free to lynch me day 2. Seems that any game I play I'm bound to end up on all the scum lists anyways. Must be my sketchy ass posting style.

Oct 25, 2017
I am not new, however a day vig is a completely new role to me.

Anyways I don't even think I'm going to bother defending myself at this point. Feel free to lynch me day 2. Seems that any game I play I'm bound to end up on all the scum lists anyways. Must be my sketchy ass posting style.

Don't throw in the towel yet, my man.

What are some reads you have?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Faddy already claimed the shot. How could I be PR fishing when the PR already claimed?

giphy.gif
I didnt read that as a claim tbh.

This is the correct take. Did I shoot Cabot? I'm not saying definitively but everyone already assumed it was me.

However to think I broke out of my stupid play to directly call out a team mate is pretty far fetched.

Also Zeke if you don't think it was me that shot Cabot why do assume it is a vig and not 3rd party?
It's not far fectched if you didnt think a vig would shot cabot like that.

If there was a lynch today, then it would be far fetched.

Honestly I didnt think of a neutral doing it. Hmm. A neutral doing the shot does make sense. They wouldnt care for let Cabot explain himself to see if they should shoot or not.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Verelios - town
EzekelRAGE - town
Fran - town
SalvaPot - scum
Meatwad - town
Apollo - town
DCPat - town
Never Forever - scum
TheChuggernaut - town
Faddy - scum
malus - town

Hinging heavily on the theory that Faddy is soft-claiming the vig shot on cabot to become Simon. If that theory were to fall through, then my choices would shift significantly. I wouldn't normally believe that scum would bus that hard early on, but seeing as how we're shooting for potentially the most important role in the game, scum might be willing to risk it to claim Simon.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
With that being said no one else has claimed vig (and claiming a one shot that's already been used up is very low risk to town), so I'm a bit less confidant in my Faddy-scum theory as time goes on.

Oct 25, 2017
Scum Faddy screwing around posting colors in all caps only for him to finally break the gimmick to just start hard bussing Scum Cabot so well that an unrelated third person went "Oh yeah, that's a good argument." and shot scum Cabot just seems kind of silly.

Faddy being town just seems like the way more likely answer here

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Scum Faddy screwing around posting colors in all caps only for him to finally break the gimmick to just start hard bussing Scum Cabot so well that an unrelated third person went "Oh yeah, that's a good argument." and shot scum Cabot just seems kind of silly.

Probably, I'm just hesitant to give him Simon since the votes are so stacked right now and no one is offering up alternatives. Feels like scum is A-okay with Faddy getting Simon.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Let's pretend the shot never happened.

Would it be too silly then?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I also take issue with the "Got em'" post. It's a very non-commital soft claim. Strong enough so that people assume he shot Cabot. Weak enough so that if anyone claims vig he can brush it off easily.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

See Chuggernaut is being completely rational here which is good but also what scum would do.

Zeke is pretty town just for thinking about the shot and how it went down. Scum are much more likely just to fall in line and not argue with a person that they think has a gun. You have to look at people like DCPAT who immediately came in and voted for me after the shot.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you could take that to mean he's just happy about the flip. Anyway, I don't think it's too out there to say it was Faddy though. Either Faddy did, or was someone was really swayed by Faddy's post, and while they were good posts, I don't think they were so good that someone else was willing to use a vig shot because of them. I'm sure scum is just assuming it's Faddy also.

I readed that as him admitting that he shot Cabot.

Even if he says that he didn't claimed the shot there I still think that Eze's theory is wrong. Too far fetched and too risky for scum to use D1 after they lost a partner.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's pretend the shot never happened.

Would it be too silly then?

Not as silly, but still silly. Cabot was in the running for the role of Simon. I feel like the scum play there would be to either go after me, or throw in some non committal post backing up Cabot. Bussing your scum mate like that just seems weird this early game.

If a vig shows up dead or if we lynch a vig by mistake we can revisit this, but as of right now, I would rather just assume the simpler answer

Oct 25, 2017
See Chuggernaut is being completely rational here which is good but also what scum would do.

Zeke is pretty town just for thinking about the shot and how it went down. Scum are much more likely just to fall in line and not argue with a person that they think has a gun. You have to look at people like DCPAT who immediately came in and voted for me after the shot.

I will say that I came away from this thinking that Zeke is like my second most likely town. He's clearly thinking about the shot and all of this is just peak Zeke. Good point about DC. He can be slippery as scum

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Probably, I'm just hesitant to give him Simon since the votes are so stacked right now and no one is offering up alternatives. Feels like scum is A-okay with Faddy getting Simon.

There is nothing scum can do to argue against me being Simon. I have by far the most town equity. They know I am town. Let's be honest this was a pretty uninspiring game until I got involved.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

RED

RED

GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

RED

RED

GREEN

GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

RED

RED

GREEN

GREEN

GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

RED

RED

GREEN

GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

RED

RED

GREEN

GREEN

YELLOW

RED

GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

RED

RED

GREEN

GREEN

YELLOW

RED

YELLOW

GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

RED

RED

GREEN

GREEN

YELLOW

RED

YELLOW

BLUE

GREEN

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

BLUE

GREEN

RED

BLUE

RED

RED

GREEN

GREEN

YELLOW

RED

YELLOW

BLUE

GREEN

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious, what made you change your minx about my alignment for now?

Mostly because I find other people scummier than they were before, and there can't be more than 3 scum left. Not particularly anything to do with your behavior. So you moved down the list because others moved up. But I probably should give you a re-read.

Can we talk more about Apollo and Fran?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Let's talk about Swamped.

How townie do we think she is being? She was scum reading Cabot but as Zeke points out there isn't a lynch today so it doesn't really matter.

Cabot also made a list of 3 nulls. Me, her and Exodus. Now she already called out exo as scum for it, I personally have him as at own lean right now. So that leaves her as the Rule of 3 partner imo. Also she had a weird reaction to Cabot flipping and then she immediately votes me.

Then she starts asking how I got Cabot as scum. Which is strange because she had him as scum too. Like scum fell in line then realised in their chat "hey maybe it wasn't faddy at all because he never actually claimed the shot". So I don't know what to make of her right now but she is a scum lean.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Zeke is also in this world where Swamped is scum.

I knew what his theory was going to be before he posted it.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
This are the only interactions between Cabot and Swamped:

I do like your point about scum not actively asking for the power on D1, though that's mostly because it incriminates yourself.

And yes, fully aware that I'm incriminating myself with the statement about not actively asking for the power :P. I was just deliciously waiting for someone to pounce on that lol. Well, the statement stands. Scum is always among the coasters.

Also, I don't exactly see you clamoring for the Simon role either :P

Which is kinda funny because she is scumreading me, even when I was a town read before Cabot's flip and said that she liked my reads from that, because I didn't pressure too hard on Cabot. I don't see too much pressure from her either. This could be the most vanilla discussion ever.

Also Swamped was a non presence until I called her out for not posting but started playing after Cabot's death. Looks like a scum faking activity after his partner died. It could be RL messing with her before but the timming is too perfect.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
I will say that I came away from this thinking that Zeke is like my second most likely town. He's clearly thinking about the shot and all of this is just peak Zeke. Good point about DC. He can be slippery as scum

If it's a good point against me, it's also a good point against you Chugger.

But I don't really agree on it being a good point. Like Faddy said himself, there is no real argument against voting him Simon. He can be stubborn, but meh. Towniest guy around.

Yea Faddy, scum is so afraid for your they are going to give u immunity. They would have to think you are one-shot, but then why are they afraid for your gun if it doesn't have bullets?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
This are the only interactions between Cabot and Swamped:

Which is kinda funny because she is scumreading me, even when I was a town read before Cabot's flip and said that she liked my reads from that, because I didn't pressure too hard on Cabot. I don't see too much pressure from her either. This could be the most vanilla discussion ever.

Also Swamped was a non presence until I called her out for not posting but started playing after Cabot's death. Looks like a scum faking activity after his partner died. It could be RL messing with her before but the timming is too perfect.

I mean scum aren't getting any warning on that shot either and the thread was pretty quiet.

Fran here is your scum equity from my perspective. You also have a lot of null/vanilla interactions with Cabot. If you were partners it is how I think you would act since both of you are prime candidates to be Simon. Both of you got votes for a similar role in Mafiera. It is kind of awkward.

Where it goes in your favour imo is you were willing to go in depth about mafiera and how great you were etc which felt genuine. Another point in your favour is your frustration with the game state. I said this when I was talking about scum Cabot but reading the thread I thought you two were the top presences in the game but had completely differing attitudes to how it was going.

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a good point against me, it's also a good point against you Chugger.

But I don't really agree on it being a good point. Like Faddy said himself, there is no real argument against voting him Simon. He can be stubborn, but meh. Towniest guy around.

Yea Faddy, scum is so afraid for your they are going to give u immunity. They would have to think you are one-shot, but then why are they afraid for your gun if it doesn't have bullets?

I don't know how. I've never been scum before lol.

And I'm just keeping my options open. Cabot being scum has given me a bit more to go on, but we still don't have very much information on who to rule out. Looking at the people that came in and voted Faddy isn't a bad place to look even though that also kind of includes me. You're pretty low on my list of players I would vote for though and if we were going off that list I would go for Swamped

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
How are me and swamped linked?

I'm saying if Swamped is scum she is actively prodding me to make sure I was the shooter. You are doing the same thing. And you weren't around when Cabot died so you have more time to craft a response that goes against me.

I think it is unlikely you are Mafia tbh. But if you are going to post wild theories about me being scum then it is only fair you get some back.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Fran here is your scum equity from my perspective. You also have a lot of null/vanilla interactions with Cabot. If you were partners it is how I think you would act since both of you are prime candidates to be Simon. Both of you got votes for a similar role in Mafiera. It is kind of awkward.

I'm not scumreading Swamped for her interactions with Cabot. The kill was 24hs into the game on a day with no lynch so I don't expect anyone to have a hard stance on another player. It's just that she is trying to justify a read on me based on something that she is guilty too. Not only that, everyone but you is guilty of the same.

So to me it seems like she is trying to force a scum read on a player with little arguments and creating fake activity, which is convenient as she was barely a presence before Cabot's flip.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I'm saying if Swamped is scum she is actively prodding me to make sure I was the shooter. You are doing the same thing. And you weren't around when Cabot died so you have more time to craft a response that goes against me.
Timing I can understand. But I havent been prodding you to make sure you were the shooter. Ive argued that the shooter doesnt matter and shouldnt come forward. In my theory, you arent even the shooter.

But if you are going to post wild theories about me being scum then it is only fair you get some back.

uhm...ok?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not scumreading Swamped for her interactions with Cabot. The kill was 24hs into the game on a day with no lynch so I don't expect anyone to have a hard stance on another player. It's just that she is trying to justify a read on me based on something that she is guilty too. Not only that, everyone but you is guilty of the same.

So to me it seems like she is trying to force a scum read on a player with little arguments and creating fake activity, which is convenient as she was barely a presence before Cabot's flip.

I'm saying you are scum for your interactions with Cabot. And that swamped isn't being completely unreasonable to have you on her scum list.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Timing I can understand. But I havent been prodding you to make sure you were the shooter. Ive argued that the shooter doesnt matter and shouldnt come forward. In my theory, you arent even the shooter.

uhm...ok?
Realistically, why would that theory matter today when we're choosing Simon? After Cabot died Faddy was always most likely town so it's WIFOM at best unless someone claims, and if you don't want people to claim then don't...make theories of them being or not being vig?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Verelios - town
EzekelRAGE - town
Fran - town
SalvaPot - scum
Meatwad - town
Apollo - town
DCPat - town
Never Forever - scum
TheChuggernaut - town
Faddy - scum
malus - town

Hinging heavily on the theory that Faddy is soft-claiming the vig shot on cabot to become Simon. If that theory were to fall through, then my choices would shift significantly. I wouldn't normally believe that scum would bus that hard early on, but seeing as how we're shooting for potentially the most important role in the game, scum might be willing to risk it to claim Simon.
Did you forget Swamped?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Realistically, why would that theory matter today when we're choosing Simon? After Cabot died Faddy was always most likely town so it's WIFOM at best unless someone claims, and if you don't want people to claim then don't...make theories of them being or not being vig?
Idk what you are arguing. You want me to push for vig to claim?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying you are scum for your interactions with Cabot. And that swamped isn't being completely unreasonable to have you on her scum list.

There is a mistake in your argument:

I didn't get a single vote in Mafiera. Not only noone voted for me but also several people were completly against that I get the role (mostly Monkey, and she were scum, but I remember a couple of more). I even joked about it when I claimed Overrider.

I also don't think that I was a prime candidate here for Simon. Noone even mentioned me as a possibility. And Cabot was against it, which made me call him out because his argument was really weak.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I thought Faddy had claimed the shot already, but it seems he didn't outright state it, so I would like a clarification from him there. I don't see the benefit for Faddy to not claim the shot if he did take it though.
The benefit is that Faddy either is, or is not vig. Town doesn't know and scum doesn't know. I can think of two advantages just based on that so saying there's no benefit is incorrect.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Did you forget Swamped?

Yeah. She was a strong town read for me early on but on listening to people on this page and looking back at the post history I'm rethinking my stance.

Especially not a fan of this:

Scum is always among the coasters.

In terms of probability, of course scum is nearly always amongst the coasters. Scum is also amongst town leaders, chaotic players, etc... There isn't a single scum archetype and we pretty much see all of them every game. To single out coasters is to single out a target that Swamped wants to cast doubt on. I see this as scum play.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Let's drop the Faddy = scum aspect. Zeke's taking it on and I kind of entertained it as a possibility, hoping scum would try to latch on to it to bring the votes away from Faddy. Not seeing it happen at all.

In any case, here's my final vote.

Vote: Faddy

I like to play devil's advocate and entertain the less likely possibilities, but I do think I'm overthinking things here and I'll go with the most likely townie we have.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I never argued faddy took the shot or not.
This theory is effectively that, except more subtle. It's WIFOM without a claim, and seems to be pushing one to debunk it.
QUOTE="EzekelRAGE, post: 17894768, member: 30470"]It was odd faddy randomly started posting normal and just happened to point out scum.

Scum faddy and scum Cabot get into a back and forth. No matter what happens, neither can be lynched,maybe one comes out cleaner after the back and forth.

Then boom shot outta nowhere

Ends the scum vs scum back and forth that was meant for show.

Although scum is down one. The other scum gets a load of town points.[/QUOTE]

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. She was a strong town read for me early on but on listening to people on this page and looking back at the post history I'm rethinking my stance.

Especially not a fan of this:

In terms of probability, of course scum is nearly always amongst the coasters. Scum is also amongst town leaders, chaotic players, etc... There isn't a single scum archetype and we pretty much see all of them every game. To single out coasters is to single out a target that Swamped wants to cast doubt on. I see this as scum play.
Who do you think Swamped would be targeting with that comment?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
This theory is effectively that, except more subtle. It's WIFOM without a claim, and seems to be pushing one to debunk it.
QUOTE="EzekelRAGE, post: 17894768, member: 30470"]It was odd faddy randomly started posting normal and just happened to point out scum.

Scum faddy and scum Cabot get into a back and forth. No matter what happens, neither can be lynched,maybe one comes out cleaner after the back and forth.

Then boom shot outta nowhere

Ends the scum vs scum back and forth that was meant for show.

Although scum is down one. The other scum gets a load of town points.
[/QUOTE]
No it isn't asking for a claim. You are reading it wrong. Especially since I have posts saying not to claim.