• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
No it isn't asking for a claim. You are reading it wrong. Especially since I have posts saying not to claim.[/QUOTE]
source.gif

Okay, let's say that for now.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. She was a strong town read for me early on but on listening to people on this page and looking back at the post history I'm rethinking my stance.

Especially not a fan of this:

In terms of probability, of course scum is nearly always amongst the coasters. Scum is also amongst town leaders, chaotic players, etc... There isn't a single scum archetype and we pretty much see all of them every game. To single out coasters is to single out a target that Swamped wants to cast doubt on. I see this as scum play.

Every single game I've been in that town have lost is because we focus too much on the loud players. Sure, we might get one scum out of that, but more often than not we end up forgetting about half the roster, and that's how scum just posts their way to victory.

Also, convenient how Fran and exo started piling on me once Chuggs brought me up as a scum candidate.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I was joking earlier but after Faddy's quick identification of Cabot as scum, he clearly deserves to be Simon the most

[ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: Faddy[ /HIGHLIGHT ]

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
I'm back to mulling over Meatwad, if only because after Faddy brought him up the mood shifted pretty directly to Exodus? plus, Exodus and EzekelRAGE scrutinising Faddy in a bit more detail makes me feel positive towards them, because like Faddy said, scum would probably not want to get into a direct confrontation with the person who is most obviously likely to be Town, that's just pointlessly attention grabbing

re: Swamped, when she combed through cabot's posts earlier there's more of a focus on pushing potential scumreads than rounding things out by taking the opportunity to hypothesise about anyone being Town, which I find troubling, whereas her nemesis Fran looked at people as being both Town and scum

...also this feels super dumb and obvious but I feel good about Chuggernaut if only because he voted me pretty much immediately after cabot did and was super happy to hop on board, and I don't think scum would have decided to do that together? like, if it were vote to lynch I'd feel good about him, not sure if vote to leadership or w/e applies the same principles

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 FINAL VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Faddy (7 votes)
cabot - #148 #172
exodus - #253 #254
Apollo - #262
Never Forever - #265
Swamped - #274
DCPat - #283
TheChuggernaut - #284
exodus - #394
Meatwad - #408

malus (1 votes)
cabot - #182

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
Swamped - #176 #274
DCPat - #180 #283
EzekelRAGE - #323

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #46 #47

Meatwad (0 votes)
exodus - #135 #253

Never Forever (0 votes)
cabot - #172 #182
TheChuggernaut - #175 #284

cabot (0 votes)
Never Forever - #200 #265

Swamped (0 votes)
exodus - #254 #394

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 50 Fran: 43 Faddy: 38 EzekelRAGE: 36 cabot: 34 Verelios: 31 Swamped: 24 exodus: 22 DCPat: 20 malus: 15 SalvaPot: 14 Apollo: 14 Meatwad: 11 Never Forever: 11

Day 1 ends, Faddy becomes Simon
OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The discussion had barely started when cabot told the group he was starting to have a headache. The host politely showed him to their bedroom where they kept their medicine, carrying a glass of water.
A few minutes have passed and the host was back in the living room, by themselves. The group questioned if cabot was coming back, to which the host simply replied that he was going to stay on the bed there until he felt better. But not to worry, as they still had a game to play!

Luckily, by the time the host returned the group had already chosen who would start the first round of the game as Simon: Faddy. They were all excited to see what command he would come up with.

No one has been lynched! Instead, Faddy becomes Simon.

Everyone will learn more about Simon at the start of Day 2.

Night 1 begins now, and will end in:
7b4xm9fv0u

Commands will be accepted until 2 hours before the start of the next Day phase.

Last edited:
Day 2 begins, Verelios, the Vanilla Townie, is eliminated
OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After a few rounds of fun games, everyone hears a loud thud coming from the kitchen. They get up and run to see what happened, and find Vere on the floor, unconscious.

The group assumed he must have passed out after the long night, so they carry him to the bed next to cabot, who seems to still be sleeping.
They won't admit it, but an awkward feeling starts growing in their heads. That's when the host announces he's gonna go out to the gas station to buy beer and smoke.

"But I'll be back in 15 minutes, keep playing!"

Of course, since the host was the one who really wanted to play Simon Says, the group rests for a while and just starts talking until they return.

Verelios has died!

Hello, and welcome to Simon Says!

You are a Vanilla Townie: your only power is to vote.
You are aligned with Town and win when all threats against Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.
If you have any questions, please send a PM to Pedro.
Simon says: "After reading this message, please reply to it to confirm you received it".

Good luck!

Day 2 begins

Faddy is Simon, and Simon says:
"everyone becomes a Doublevoter!"

On this Day only, every player is a Doublevoter, which means their votes count as two.
To vote today, use the command:

Code:
[highlight]DOUBLE: <Player name>[/highlight]
Single votes are not allowed, and will not be counted by the end of the Day. The majority remains the same: 7.

Vote tool, and current majority:
http://vote.fireblend.com/98803/

This Day phase will end in:
50uierpvn2

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ATTENTION, PLEASE:

Simon is a role attributed to a player, that lasts for one Night and one Day, in that order. While being Simon, the player still retains whatever previous role they had.

During the Night, Simon needs to decide how it will influence the next Day. The available commands are:
1-shot, Thunderdome, only two chosen players can be voted for. Can't be used during mylo/lylo;
1-shot, No Turbo during the Day, it will end only once time runs out;
1-shot, everyone gets Roleblocked;
1-shot, Simon steals a player's voting right and becomes Doublevoter for that single Day. Can't be used during mylo/lylo;
1-shot, Simon allows for discussion, and only discussion, to happen during the following night on the game thread.

Unavailable commands:
1-shot, everyone becomes Doublevoters. Can't be used during mylo/lylo.

Then, at the start of the Day, Simon also decides who will be the next Simon starting from the next Night.
A player that was already chosen to become it can't be it again, unless *every* living player has already been it.

If the player chosen is eliminated during the Day, a different player is randomly chosen to be Simon.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
OK.

Just to confirm I did not shoot Cabot. Whoever did should really think about claiming now because the whole situation around the shot made me think it wasn't town.

Shooting cabot out of hand like that is not town play

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Vere.

That mechanic is way milder that I was expecting. What's the difference between everyone having a double vote or everyone only having one vote?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I chose double vote because with 1 death it should still take a decent number of votes to turbo.

I was tempted to thunderdome with meatwad, dcpat and swamped the candidates but I think that wouln't have been great for today. The other things felt less important.

Everyone be CAREFUL with your vote.

I don't want to see anyone voting without a good reason attached.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Vere.

That mechanic is way milder that I was expecting. What's the difference between everyone having a double vote or everyone only having one vote?

I assumed that the majority number is still the same so with 12 alive the majority is 7 but if everyone double votes it is now 4.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Vere.

The majority is still the same, but it takes "half" the number of votes to get there. Current majority is 7, so 4 people voting for the same target would end the day.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I chose double vote because with 1 death it should still take a decent number of votes to turbo.

I was tempted to thunderdome with meatwad, dcpat and swamped the candidates but I think that wouln't have been great for today. The other things felt less important.

Everyone be CAREFUL with your vote.

I don't want to see anyone voting without a good reason attached.

Yes, thunderdome would have been bad. Why didn't you chose the roleblock? Wouldn't it prevent NKs also?

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OK.

Just to confirm I did not shoot Cabot. Whoever did should really think about claiming now because the whole situation around the shot made me think it wasn't town.

I had thought my "bang" seconds after cabot's death was pretty clear, but nobody seemed to really pay to any mind. I'm the day vig.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, thunderdome would have been bad. Why didn't you chose the roleblock? Wouldn't it prevent NKs also?

It also stops cops, doctors etc. Better to get more info out for today. Roleblock is just repeating day 1 when potentially we can get better use of it later in the game.

Roleblock is for night 3 or 4 imo.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
OK.

Now that Apollo claimed, can you explain your theory?

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can see that.

Why did you shoot so early?

Four reasons. One, the posts from Cabot you pointed out seemed incredibly scummy when put together. I hadn't noticed them like that prior, but I was thoroughly convinced. Two, swamped's readlist prior. She had Cabot as scum, but I wasn't quite seeing why. Three, exodus weakly prasiing your argument. For the last two, I figured that if Cabot was scum like I was believing, I at the time thought it would potentially implicate those two. Not very convincing, but that's where I was at the time of the shot.

Four, I wanted to use my power, and I wanted to do so early on in the game. Wanted that information, and I didn't want to shoot somebody and cost us the game very late in to it.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Apollo claimed, can you explain your theory?

Because whoever shot cabot didn't know his alignment so if he flipped town it is a clear attempt to implicate me.

I thought someone would have claimed it if they were town knowing they would have simon protection for the night so I immediately thought it was a serial killer.

The fact that apollo did claim, just everyone decided it was me makes me feel better about the situation.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Because whoever shot cabot didn't know his alignment so if he flipped town it is a clear attempt to implicate me.

I thought someone would have claimed it if they were town knowing they would have simon protection for the night so I immediately thought it was a serial killer.

The fact that apollo did claim, just everyone decided it was me makes me feel better about the situation.

I can see that but I don't think scum would kill a partner just to incriminate a townie D1. And I find hard to believe that we have a neutral SK in a game with 14 players.

I'm strong leaning town for Apollo. I'm also leaning town on you.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I can see that but I don't think scum would kill a partner just to incriminate a townie D1. And I find hard to believe that we have a neutral SK in a game with 14 players.

I'm strong leaning town for Apollo. I'm also leaning town on you.

Mini mafia can have a Serial Killer and that is 13 players.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Mini mafia can have a Serial Killer and that is 13 players.

I never played a mini but how would that work? With a lynch, scum kill and SK kill the game would end really quick.

This was not announced as mini so I find it unlikely.

Pedro What happens if we use a single vote command by mistake? In "Simon says" when a player makes a mistake is eliminated, what happens here?

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Vere

I went back and read the chat after the Cabot kill happened, and I remember thinking it might of been Apollo, but I didn't want to out him, so I buy his claim

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
I do find the claim credible, at the very least I'm fairly sure that a Day SK isn't a thing, and I honestly can't think of any other neutral role where a daykill would make sense, especially in this size game? but I'm naive

Also, Meatwad just coming in with the hammer doesn't make me feel great about him.

I can't

Faddy states right at the top of the page that we should let the clock run out and discussion go where it will, and Meatwad once again flounces in and draws attention with an insane move after kind of disappearing back under the radar for the middle of the day. those people that were interpreting him as Town (like myself) based it mostly on how his early game moves were so terribly obvious and attention grabbing as to not be scum, but it's entirely possible that that's now a strategy that's being played into?

Oct 25, 2017
I can't

Faddy states right at the top of the page that we should let the clock run out and discussion go where it will, and Meatwad once again flounces in and draws attention with an insane move after kind of disappearing back under the radar for the middle of the day. those people that were interpreting him as Town (like myself) based it mostly on how his early game moves were so terribly obvious and attention grabbing as to not be scum, but it's entirely possible that that's now a strategy that's being played into?

I was thinking that too. Just be so scummy that you end up getting town read.

I'm thinking my vote either goes to Meatwad or Swamped today

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
My read was Meatwad is a cop of some sort. It is the only thing that make sense. He wants to end the day so he gets his check. Mafia should definitely be killing him at some point.

I had a thought that Swamped could have been the vig since the weird posting around the shot. She saw the PLEASE WAIT, then posted about agreeing with my cabot stuff after the flip happened. I had read that as her justifying the shot after she did it because why even post outdated info when you know something is happening.