• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Those are the main reasons I did not want to just thunderdome. Although we can probably just kill DCPAT today.

Oct 25, 2017
I had a thought that Swamped could have been the vig since the weird posting around the shot. She saw the PLEASE WAIT, then posted about agreeing with my cabot stuff after the flip happened. I had read that as her justifying the shot after she did it because why even post outdated info when you know something is happening.

Yeah, but she isn't so I don't think this matters. All her posts about Cabot could easily just be light bussing. The after the flip stuff doesn't make me feel much better about her.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Whyyyyy am I always scumread? Why am I so bad at this lol. And why particularly in this game? I count at least 4 people who started feeling that way beginning towards the end of D1, I guess after the vig shot. Faddy, Chuggs, Exo, Fran, and even Never Forever I think? Like, what did I do?

People are wary of Cabot's interactions with me. But I was calling him out on scummy behavior. I knew something was off about him when he wasn't pressing me as hard as he usually does.

I voted Faddy soon after the shot because I was around at the time, and the way it went down it felt like Faddy did it. He breaks out of his self-imposed curse to berate cabot, and at that very moment cabot dies. What else am I supposed to conclude? The vig would be a prime candidate for a NK, so that's how I voted.

Seems Apollo claimed the kill, and thus is likely not scum.

I will revisit my reads list. Vere was surprisingly fairly low key last day phase which might be why he was offed. But in case he was on to something, I will go through his posts. Can't hurt.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not convinced by people scumreading meatwad. I get the feeling he is a clueless townie type.

Chuggs, give me some other scum reads apart from us two. Or do you think scum is a team of 3 and you've cracked the game? If so, that's fine too. Convince me that you've convinced yourself.

About to board a plane, but will be around tomorrow and maybe tonight.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Whyyyyy am I always scumread? Why am I so bad at this lol. And why particularly in this game? I count at least 4 people who started feeling that way beginning towards the end of D1, I guess after the vig shot. Faddy, Chuggs, Exo, Fran, and even Never Forever I think? Like, what did I do?

People are wary of Cabot's interactions with me. But I was calling him out on scummy behavior. I knew something was off about him when he wasn't pressing me as hard as he usually does.

I voted Faddy soon after the shot because I was around at the time, and the way it went down it felt like Faddy did it. He breaks out of his self-imposed curse to berate cabot, and at that very moment cabot dies. What else am I supposed to conclude? The vig would be a prime candidate for a NK, so that's how I voted.

Seems Apollo claimed the kill, and thus is likely not scum.

I will revisit my reads list. Vere was surprisingly fairly low key last day phase which might be why he was offed. But in case he was on to something, I will go through his posts. Can't hurt.

I thought your case against Fran had some merit to it.

I think outside of me and Apollo the town is Chuggernaut, Fran, Zeke. I like exo more than most.

Not everyone has even checked in today. I will say Fran's opening post is a pretty typical scum opening to a day.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be a bit busy today so I'll just post the scum list I was going to post last time before day end before I realized the day had already ended.

-Never Forever: I don't like his interactions with cabot in particular.
-DCPat: coasty
-Exodus: useless
-SalvaPot: handsome devil, obvious tortilla

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be a bit busy today so I'll just post the scum list I was going to post last time before day end before I realized the day had already ended.

Salva why shouldn't you be lynched today. I don't really think you have contributed much to the game.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but she isn't so I don't think this matters. All her posts about Cabot could easily just be light bussing. The after the flip stuff doesn't make me feel much better about her.

The point is. Does scum Swamped see the PLEASE WAIT and assume cabot is dying and get in more bussing. It is a pretty strange post to make as either alignment. I'm not sure I can believe it is scum.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017

You have yourself on your scum list? Lol, never change Salva.

What don't you like about the NF - cabot interactions? I'm curious because that's what made me lean town on NF.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest Faddy posting like that just makes me think he is scum and trying to switch up his game because he was lynched the last two times he was scum.
You do not think he is on some kind of post restriction?

Here is a couple of scummy reactions to me. For different reasons but I liked neither.

malus this is just a terrible meta read and such a hard reach. I've been scum twice and been much more cautious both times. As town I usually do weird stuff early on.

DCPAT this is such a weird take and someone struggling to get involved in the game. Stuff has happened and I don't know what you think about it.

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
Those are the main reasons I did not want to just thunderdome. Although we can probably just kill DCPAT today.

yeah, DCPat is the name you've thrown into the Thunderdome mix here that hadn't really been discussed much D1 and that I also wanted to touch upon today

re-reading his posts from yesterday I couldn't help but get the vibe of everything feeling quite reactionary and surfacey. I get sort of glider/coaster vibes, filling a sort of conciliatory 'just asking questions' filler role without having too much investment in them

stuff like this:

Isn't that what Chugger is saying?

You do not think he is on some kind of post restriction?

Zeke, why do you prefer Chugger over Faddy at this moment?

all attempting to clarify something deeply obvious that doesn't really need any further thought, so it's just... there, and I never get the sense of any personal opinion on anything

I will say that I came away from this thinking that Zeke is like my second most likely town. He's clearly thinking about the shot and all of this is just peak Zeke. Good point about DC. He can be slippery as scum

If it's a good point against me, it's also a good point against you Chugger.

But I don't really agree on it being a good point. Like Faddy said himself, there is no real argument against voting him Simon. He can be stubborn, but meh. Towniest guy around.

Yea Faddy, scum is so afraid for your they are going to give u immunity. They would have to think you are one-shot, but then why are they afraid for your gun if it doesn't have bullets?

I don't know how. I've never been scum before lol.

And I'm just keeping my options open. Cabot being scum has given me a bit more to go on, but we still don't have very much information on who to rule out. Looking at the people that came in and voted Faddy isn't a bad place to look even though that also kind of includes me. You're pretty low on my list of players I would vote for though and if we were going off that list I would go for Swamped

the only real interaction I find super interesting is this one: the only time he asserts himself is to be defensive. rather than just go into disagreeing he has to get a dig in first, one which is apparently factually inaccurate because Chuggernaut has never been scum and therefore just comes across as weird. 'that's a point that equally applies to you... but it's not a good point anyway!' like, okay? he seems super keen to shut down any discussion on Faddy and keep himself in the good books. honestly I don't fully understand that last paragraph, it's a 'if I were scum I would do this', I guess? I'm not super sure how to parse it.

and then Chuggernaut clarifies that he's unlikely to vote for him, his bacon has been saved, so it stops and isn't pushed any further

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You have yourself on your scum list? Lol, never change Salva.

What don't you like about the NF - cabot interactions? I'm curious because that's what made me lean town on NF.
I have to go back and read, but going back and read is for losers so instead I'll rely on my memory.

I recall that cabot voted NF, NF fired back, they kiss kiss slap slap for a bit, and then cabot moved his vote somewhere else, leaving NF hot and bothered.

I made a quick "Hmm" post about this, I remember because I'm a narcissist, but my thought process at the moment was that it felt like they were both kinda commiting to a serious discussion only to realize they might have gotten to much attention, so cabot moved along and NF just kind of let him be.

So really it felt weird, my suspicion was mostly on cabot but I do feel NF has made lenghty posts to distance himself from his relationship with cabot.

So, hmm indeed.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
When I made my scum case against cabot I said I thought NF was town and I think I still believe that.

I can't see cabot having his criteria set out for Simon then just ditching it to vote for a team mate. It makes little sense. He was trying to buy NF's vote for himself imo which he did successfully.

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
I have to go back and read, but going back and read is for losers so instead I'll rely on my memory.

I recall that cabot voted NF, NF fired back, they kiss kiss slap slap for a bit, and then cabot moved his vote somewhere else, leaving NF hot and bothered.

I made a quick "Hmm" post about this, I remember because I'm a narcissist, but my thought process at the moment was that it felt like they were both kinda commiting to a serious discussion only to realize they might have gotten to much attention, so cabot moved along and NF just kind of let him be.

So really it felt weird, my suspicion was mostly on cabot but I do feel NF has made lenghty posts to distance himself from his relationship with cabot.

So, hmm indeed.

I never directly interacted with him other than to vote for him, and I think the record will show that

I could see that he was obviously defending me and being super nice, and I didn't really know how to engage because I thought maybe I was just being overly paranoid, which is something that I kind of alluded to when I said that 'somebody being distrustful of me automatically makes me feel better than someone trusting me'. I had kind of an odd feeling, but I ended up second-guessing myself and voting for him anyway because I don't trust my own instincts

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a bit surprised Faddy didn't take the shot. Even more surprised it was Apollo?

Still Faddy is on the good side

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was good idea with your Simon power, but if you that set on lunching me you should've gone for td.

No point doing that. People are way way too down about possibly being the lynch.

There are a few people who have been pretty townie and a bunch of other people who have been less so. The people in the latter group need to start making reads and justifying them. Sitting there like a potato if you are town is just bad.

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
as it stands there's no real motivation to deviate from the inertia, this really should have accompanied my above post

DOUBLE: DCPat

please give some insight into your thought process, who are your top suspects today? who would you like to hear more from?

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
My thought process at the moment is that I need more input. Your vote is the first vote of the game. The Simon selection day is not a lot of info. Since we had the shot on Cabot we can look at his interactions but I can't find much there.

The game is just started and I'm a bit disappointed I get this slack for my input so far. But I like you and Faddy for it. It's moving the game forward.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
My thought process at the moment is that I need more input. Your vote is the first vote of the game. The Simon selection day is not a lot of info. Since we had the shot on Cabot we can look at his interactions but I can't find much there.

The game is just started and I'm a bit disappointed I get this slack for my input so far. But I like you and Faddy for it. It's moving the game forward.

Why do you think they killed Verelios?

He was a bit of a non-presence in the game. I had practically no read of him and if anything he was seen in a negative light.

Never Forever please don't vote when we havent even had everyone check in.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Lack of info for scum as well. I know Verelios as a good player so threat to scum. He is always active and contributing.

Other active experienced player they could've gone for was Fran. I'm unsure about Fran. But I can't support it now

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
What's wrong with voting? I like it. Just gotta watch out not to stack to much. But we need votes to move forward.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Apollo Why not give cabot a chance to defend himself before shooting? I know you said faddy made a convincing case, but it still just day 1 things.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apollo Why not give cabot a chance to defend himself before shooting? I know you said faddy made a convincing case, but it still just day 1 things.

Not letting him defend himself wasn't a calculated move or anything. Tbh that didn't even cross my mind at the time. In retrospect while it turned out okay, that was pretty irresponsible.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very worried that Faddy is getting a free pass and has taken the role of town leader. He's called for DC's execution and that's not a good look. Faddy is not confirmed town and everyone should take a second to remember that.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very worried that Faddy is getting a free pass and has taken the role of town leader. He's called for DC's execution and that's not a good look. Faddy is not confirmed town and everyone should take a second to remember that.

I still lean town for him, but yeah. Faddy isn't confirmed town and we should remember that. I don't think I'm on board with the DC stuff. Going to make a bigger post when I'm home

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Not letting him defend himself wasn't a calculated move or anything. Tbh that didn't even cross my mind at the time. In retrospect while it turned out okay, that was pretty irresponsible.

Would you have made the "bang" post/ or claimed if cabot was town?
Why do you feel the dc lynch isn't a good look?

Yesterday weren't you in the faddy = town due to the Cabot flip?

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems awfully risky, and I don't completely buy your "wasn't thinking clearly " narrative. I think faddy's arguments where really provocative and cabot was acting scummy enough, but just icing a guy is a much harder decision that making a vote.

I do buy your bang post, seems like something one would like to brag about. But I find your wait and see approach suspicious and your post-murder second thoughts... lacking

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the argument against Apollo here, that she's neutral? Because she clearly isn't scum, and I would rather go after scum right now.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems awfully risky, and I don't completely buy your "wasn't thinking clearly " narrative. I think faddy's arguments where really provocative and cabot was acting scummy enough, but just icing a guy is a much harder decision that making a vote.

I do buy your bang post, seems like something one would like to brag about. But I find your wait and see approach suspicious and your post-murder second thoughts... lacking

I was thinking quite clearly. I've already mentioned that I had multiple reasons why I took the shot. Not allowing cabot to refute Faddy was just something I forgot.

And I don't deny that it was risky.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not convinced by people scumreading meatwad. I get the feeling he is a clueless townie type.

Chuggs, give me some other scum reads apart from us two. Or do you think scum is a team of 3 and you've cracked the game? If so, that's fine too. Convince me that you've convinced yourself.

About to board a plane, but will be around tomorrow and maybe tonight.

I try to limit my scum reads to how many people I think are left in the game because it forces me to reexamine the thing if it turns out I'm wrong, but if I had to pick some others it would be NF and Salva.

I think you made some good points about NF, but I'm hesitant to go for him right now because scum Cabot just voting for his scum right then seems kind of a strange thing to do.

Salva just doesn't seem like he's adding much and seems to be flying under a lot of peoples radars. That hard Apollo shade he just threw got an eyebrow raise out of me also.

Also, I looked back at your posts and the only thing I saw was you putting Cabot in a scum list, but you didn't really say why. Am I missing another post you made? I'm weary of this because I just got out of a game where scum Natiko and scum Monkey just kept lightly bussing each other the whole game

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I try to limit my scum reads to how many people I think are left in the game because it forces me to reexamine the thing if it turns out I'm wrong, but if I had to pick some others it would be NF and Salva.

I think you made some good points about NF, but I'm hesitant to go for him right now because scum Cabot just voting for his scum right then seems kind of a strange thing to do.

Salva just doesn't seem like he's adding much and seems to be flying under a lot of peoples radars. That hard Apollo shade he just threw got an eyebrow raise out of me also.

Also, I looked back at your posts and the only thing I saw was you putting Cabot in a scum list, but you didn't really say why. Am I missing another post you made? I'm weary of this because I just got out of a game where scum Natiko and scum Monkey just kept lightly bussing each other the whole game
lol, I'm pretty sure I'm in, like, half of the scum reads posted so far. If I am flying under the radar that radar most be reaching God and stroking his tummy.

Oct 25, 2017
lol, I'm pretty sure I'm in, like, half of the scum reads posted so far. If I am flying under the radar that radar most be reaching God and stroking his tummy.

I know Swamped had you as scum yesterday then changed it, Faddy brought you up today, but he I don't think he was scum reading you, and Malus mentioned you yesterday. Is there anyone else? I might of just missed it, to be honest.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Here is a couple of scummy reactions to me. For different reasons but I liked neither.

malus this is just a terrible meta read and such a hard reach. I've been scum twice and been much more cautious both times. As town I usually do weird stuff early on.
You've also been lynched both time you were scum, so I don't think it's such a stretch to assume you would try to change your play style. Right now you are no longer in my scum list however because of your call out of cabot. That was very much the town Faddy I know.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Ebwop- exodus
I still think it's possible faddy/cabot was scum/scum.

But I don't understand how singling someone out for a lynch makes them scum. Isn't that just pushing someone like normal?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I guess what I'm saying is, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

On one hand you you town read faddy while saying he is scummy for pushing for a single lynch?