• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
People are wary of Cabot's interactions with me. But I was calling him out on scummy behavior. I knew something was off about him when he wasn't pressing me as hard as he usually does.

I'm not calling out your interactions with Cabot. I think you are scum because you started truly playing just after Cabot died. Before that you were a non presence in the game but when Faddy started calling Cabot scum you started making reads and pushing people. Also I think your read on me was forced as you had me as town, liked my posts but changed me for scum because of something that everyone else is also guilty of.

Trying to relate me with Exodus doesn't help neither.

I think outside of me and Apollo the town is Chuggernaut, Fran, Zeke. I like exo more than most.

Not everyone has even checked in today. I will say Fran's opening post is a pretty typical scum opening to a day.

I don't like this read about me, Faddy. First you have me as town and then you say that my post is scummy. It looks really wishy washy.

Yeah, neutral at worst.

Or lost scum member

*X-Files theme playing

A scum lost partner usually knows who their partner are. And they don't have access to scum chat so I find it really hard to believe that they will kill a partner D1 without talking it in the scum chat, unless they were someone like TWE.

Regarding Meatwad. Yes, the hammer was really bad but this post makes me think that he just fucked up:

Yes what is up with me is wanting one of our best players to be Simon. I think that's something all townies should want as well

It feels genuine. If a scum member wanted to hammer the day (and why would they want that? It's not like a lynch was happening and they would only incriminate for nothing) he would apologize for doing it but here Meatwad just justified it in a way that I believe he didn't have a clue that it would be the hammer (which also would mean that he didn't even read the thread because there was some talk about it before but that's NAI).

I'm not liking DCPat righ now. He is asking for people to vote but he isn't voting himself. It sounds fake.

Salva is getting weird. Adding himself in the scum list, asking to be lynched and coasting D1 looks bad but it's been a really long time since I last played with Salva (I just checked and it was Danganronpa 1 so a reaaaaally long time) so I don't recall his playstyle at all.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know Salva that well either. But I've played one game with him where he was town, and he reminds me of that.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Ebwop- exodus
I still think it's possible faddy/cabot was scum/scum.

But I don't understand how singling someone out for a lynch makes them scum. Isn't that just pushing someone like normal?

Because to single out someone as scum ensures we waste our time focus on a townie. The soft vig claim from Faddy was also scummy. I think he was just arguing with cabot for show and obviously didn't intend for him to die. Arguments day 1 were even less risky than usual for scum since no one was getting lynched.

I take it back. I'm leaning scum on Faddy the more that I think about it.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Because to single out someone as scum ensures we waste our time focus on a townie. The soft vig claim from Faddy was also scummy. I think he was just arguing with cabot for show and obviously didn't intend for him to die. Arguments day 1 were even less risky than usual for scum since no one was getting lynched.

I know my theories can be out there at times. So seeing someone who sees things the way I do is interesting. But then I look at this:

Let's drop the Faddy = scum aspect. Zeke's taking it on and I kind of entertained it as a possibility, hoping scum would try to latch on to it to bring the votes away from Faddy. Not seeing it happen at all.

In any case, here's my final vote.

Vote: Faddy

I like to play devil's advocate and entertain the less likely possibilities, but I do think I'm overthinking things here and I'll go with the most likely townie we have.
It's seems you only entertained the theory to draw out other scum and never really believed it.

Now you believe it and giving faddy a scum lean?
With that being said no one else has claimed vig (and claiming a one shot that's already been used up is very low risk to town), so I'm a bit less confidant in my Faddy-scum theory as time goes on.
This could also be seen as pr fishing. Especially the part where you say I'd its one shot, it's low risk to claim.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
This is weak and because of that I think you are just following Faddy and NF a bit in pushing a scum narrative on me.

I don't agree. With you being the only one with a vote on I think that you are waiting for someone else to vote to jump on their wagon so you can give the rest of the players an alternative for your vote.

You said this:

What's wrong with voting? I like it. Just gotta watch out not to stack to much. But we need votes to move forward.

But you are never voting so, either you don't want to move the game forward or you are afraid of putting a vote in a player who isn't going to get votes and then having trouble changing it. It looks like cautious scum to me.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
I'm never somebody for the early votes. It's not like I'm attacking people who haven't voted yet. I just don't agree with attacking NF for the early vote.

And you are accusing me of something I haven't done yet.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm never somebody for the early votes. It's not like I'm attacking people who haven't voted yet. I just don't agree with attacking NF for the early vote.

And you are accusing me of something I haven't done yet.

I'm accusing you of saying that votes are needed to move the game forward but you are not voting yourself and keeping your options open. And you have done exactly that.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Although I townread Faddy. This is a really weird sequence.

Not really. Someone has an investigative role. Eventually they want to use it to get a check and ending the day makes him look scummy enough to not be targeted in the night.

Where as someone like Fran is not a cop because he opened the day asking why I just didn't roleblock everyone.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Why does it matter who he chooses as Simon? Won't we just find out 2mrw? They would have to explain themselves and why they voted the way they did.

Faddy don't say who you plan to choose as Simon.

I don't know if whoever gets Simon will be publicly announced so I will post a small group of people I am considering and then some instructions about what I think they should do with the power.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Someone has an investigative role. Eventually they want to use it to get a check and ending the day makes him look scummy enough to not be targeted in the night.

Where as someone like Fran is not a cop because he opened the day asking why I just didn't roleblock everyone.

I think the Meatwad theory is a stretch. He acting scummy could force him to roleclaim D2 which wouldn't be a good idea.

I think that looking too much on who can or can't be a cop is not a good thing and doesn't help town.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
this read about me, Faddy. First you have me as town and then you say that my post is scummy. It looks really wishy washy.

Well you just need to live with it.

It was pretty much in line with what I was saying yesterday. Which you conveniently glossed over by the way. And it is typical for scum to one in and say RIP [dead townie] because they have a guilty conscience.

Why do you think Vere was targeted over yourself? He was a non factor I the game compared to you but he died and you are alive

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Go read it again. I never soft claimed. All I posted was got em when my scum read flipped scum.

There are scum calling me town for it, in fact everyone was calling me town, I'm just town.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017

Look, if you are town there is no way you really think meatwad is cop here. No way you would call that out.

If you are scum you are setting him up for future lynch.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Well you just need to live with it.

It was pretty much in line with what I was saying yesterday. Which you conveniently glossed over by the way. And it is typical for scum to one in and say RIP [dead townie] because they have a guilty conscience.

Which post? I think I answered all of them.

Why do you think Vere was targeted over yourself? He was a non factor I the game compared to you but he died and you are alive

My theory is that because both you and Swamped had me as scum yesterday why kill me when I can be a mislynch. Vere is a strong player who wasn't scum readed by anyone, or at least noone was explicit about it. Big difference.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I don't know if whoever gets Simon will be publicly announced so I will post a small group of people I am considering and then some instructions about what I think they should do with the power.
I can live with naming a group I guess.
How do you know he isn't?

Him ending the day yesterday wasn't his only cop tell either. Dun dun dun
Why speculate at all about who the cop may be?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
It's seems you only entertained the theory to draw out other scum and never really believed it.

Now you believe it and giving faddy a scum lean?

If you go back and reread my posts, I trusted Faddy as town because I assumed he was the vig. I said his 'got em' was a bit scummy if he wasn't.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy says he never soft claimed, and yet his "got em' post make everyone assume he was the vig and it gave him Simon. That just feels overly manipulative to me.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I can live with naming a group I guess.

Why speculate at all about who the cop may be?

Because otherwise I want to lynch him. I'm not going to bullshit a town read because he might be a PR.

I always look at it like this. Games in our community are always set up in such a way that PRs never break the game. I can't think of any game that has been mechanically solved by checks, saves etc. So if he does have to claim cop on day 2 with 1 green check it is fine. I mean he should have been checking in the DCPAT, Swamped, exodus, Salva, malus group so that would be extra info as well.

He could also say who he would check if he was the cop. Make mafia think about it.

For example if I were the cop I would have checked Never Forever and got a green.

Of course in a small game like this it is more likely there isn't a proper cop and it is something less useful like a tracker.

Faddy says he never soft claimed, and yet his "got em' post make everyone assume he was the vig and it gave him Simon. That just feels overly manipulative to me.

was i not supposed to be happy that my scum read was right? Everyone assuming it was me included the mafia.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Which post? I think I answered all of them.

My theory is that because both you and Swamped had me as scum yesterday why kill me when I can be a mislynch. Vere is a strong player who wasn't scum readed by anyone, or at least noone was explicit about it. Big difference.

So you definitely would have killed Verelios last night if you were mafia.

And that was the obvious thing to do, kill Vere for his reputation. So who knows that Vere is a strong player because he didn't really show it in this game when he was alive.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
So you definitely would have killed Verelios last night if you were mafia.

And that was the obvious thing to do, kill Vere for his reputation. So who knows that Vere is a strong player because he didn't really show it in this game when he was alive.

I wouldn't say definitely. I think it would have been between Vere, Zeke or Chugger. Neither of them were scumreaded yesterday and all good players.

And I think it's likely that Vere has played with most of us. He has been playing for a long time and signs up to every game he can. I could use the player database to look for connections between Vere and the rest of the roster but, honestly, it's a lot of work for some weak meta read so I'm not going to bother doing that.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
quick leans

Swamped scum
exodus scum
Zeke town
Fran town
Salva town... maybe
Meatwad scum
DCPat town
Never Forever town
Chuggernaut town
Faddy town
malus scum

some are more flexible than others. mostly irt Fran who isn't pinging me as scum but I also don't feel like I have a solid feeling on him which is concerning due to how much he's contributing

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why does it matter who he chooses as Simon? Won't we just find out 2mrw? They would have to explain themselves and why they voted the way they did.

Faddy don't say who you plan to choose as Simon.
Oh, so you wanted the vig to claim but now you don't want to know who Faddy may want or not to give Simon to or why? Seems consistent.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I asked for, if someone else had shot Cabot, to counterclaim Faddy but at the time I thought that Faddy has claimed the kill when he actually never did.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Majority is 7.

==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

DCPat (2 votes)
Never Forever - #470 (Double)

Post Counts:
Faddy: 25 DCPat: 14 Fran: 13 Apollo: 10 TheChuggernaut: 10 EzekelRAGE: 9 SalvaPot: 9 exodus: 7 Never Forever: 4 Meatwad: 3 Swamped: 3 malus: 1

Current Countdown:
50uierpvn2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As Apollo said, I didn't call for vig claim.
You still didn't answer the question.
You mean the why should it matter who he chooses?

Well, yesterday there was a big fuss over who should get Simon until cabot was destroyed and everyone kind of agreed Faddy was the new fad in town. Chug pretty much wanted the role based on a platform of transparency and sexyness.

Of course its cool Faddy got the role, I read him as town and I liked how he played, even if I did mention last day that I was NOT sure he was the vig (As that turn out to be true, he wasn't). Faddy choosing who he wants as Simon is important because he is giving an important tool that could be used for or against town.

This reminds me of my situation in the Berserk game (Remember that?) when I had an egg that protected from harm, and... I gave it to someone who died. Faddy, if scum, would give it to a scum player for sure. But if he is town (As I think he is), he could tells us who he might want to give the role, even if he actually changes his mind later on, that is fine.

He could justify his decision after giving the role, but I don't see how this is any different than how everyone was appealing to be Simon last day. So my question was not really "Who are you giving the role to", more like "Give me the role you saucy tostada"

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Salva if I gave you the role what power would you pick tonight.

Other people can chime in with their thoughts too.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
1-shot, Thunderdome, only two chosen players can be voted for. Can't be used during mylo/lylo;
1-shot, No Turbo during the Day, it will end only once time runs out;
1-shot, everyone gets Roleblocked;
1-shot, Simon steals a player's voting right and becomes Doublevoter for that single Day. Can't be used during mylo/lylo;
1-shot, Simon allows for discussion, and only discussion, to happen during the following night on the game thread.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
You mean the why should it matter who he chooses?

Well, yesterday there was a big fuss over who should get Simon until cabot was destroyed and everyone kind of agreed Faddy was the new fad in town. Chug pretty much wanted the role based on a platform of transparency and sexyness.

Of course its cool Faddy got the role, I read him as town and I liked how he played, even if I did mention last day that I was NOT sure he was the vig (As that turn out to be true, he wasn't). Faddy choosing who he wants as Simon is important because he is giving an important tool that could be used for or against town.

This reminds me of my situation in the Berserk game (Remember that?) when I had an egg that protected from harm, and... I gave it to someone who died. Faddy, if scum, would give it to a scum player for sure. But if he is town (As I think he is), he could tells us who he might want to give the role, even if he actually changes his mind later on, that is fine.

He could justify his decision after giving the role, but I don't see how this is any different than how everyone was appealing to be Simon last day. So my question was not really "Who are you giving the role to", more like "Give me the role you saucy tostada"
Sorry meant "why does it matter" meaning why does it matter who he states in the thread who gets it. I assumed there would be a public announcement to who has the Simon. Also was worried about mafia killing the Simon chosen. Faddy cleated it up with the group thing.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
1-shot, Thunderdome, only two chosen players can be voted for. Can't be used during mylo/lylo;
1-shot, No Turbo during the Day, it will end only once time runs out;
1-shot, everyone gets Roleblocked;
1-shot, Simon steals a player's voting right and becomes Doublevoter for that single Day. Can't be used during mylo/lylo;
1-shot, Simon allows for discussion, and only discussion, to happen during the following night on the game thread.
Night Discusion role, its too early for thunderdome, stealing the vote is a much better power to use on late game (Before mylo), and roleblock is a better role to use when we have lost a few town prs and blocking everyone is better for town. No Turbo is kinda pointless, but it does make it harder for scum to snipe a win later on, so its also better as a late power.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry meant "why does it matter" meaning why does it matter who he states in the thread who gets it. I assumed there would be a public announcement to who has the Simon. Also was worried about mafia killing the Simon chosen. Faddy cleated it up with the group thing.
Well, that one is obvious, same reason why you vote someone, to get reads. How does that person react to be chosen. How does everyone else reacts to be chosen.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It does help him because otherwise the day would end without a majority and we would know something was up. This way the day wouldn't end but he could still secretly switch his vote.
But wasn't his vote secret? As in he didn't have to post it in the thread, he had to pm it. So its safe either way, only he doesn't stop discussion. Its effectively useless when Simon uses his power.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
But wasn't his vote secret? As in he didn't have to post it in the thread, he had to pm it. So its safe either way, only he doesn't stop discussion. Its effectively useless when Simon uses his power.

I guess it isn't really clear how that Simon power interacts with cabot's role. It is all academic now since cabot is dead.