• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it isn't really clear how that Simon power interacts with cabot's role. It is all academic now since cabot is dead.
You do raise a good point, did cabot had a counter-role? It seems simon might be good enough to actually be of use to town, but the fact that scum can easily get the role makes it harder for town...

So I want to assume there is a town role that can counter cabot somehow.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You do raise a good point, did cabot had a counter-role? It seems simon might be good enough to actually be of use to town, but the fact that scum can easily get the role makes it harder for town...

So I want to assume there is a town role that can counter cabot somehow.

of course there is

it's called the day vig

iqgdezdlyhxry.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, I have to work tomorrow, so I might not be around for EOD so I'm just going to put this down.

Double: Swamped

I really wanted to hear from her again before I voted, but she hasn't been back since her first few posts. But I've been scum reading her since yesterday and my reasons haven't changed.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry guys I'm volunteering at an event tomorrow all day and I gotta get up bright and early. Probably gonna be missing until then.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Also please don't thunderdome this early. Too likely to pick two townies. Safer to use it when there are some really solid scum reads.

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't want to thunderdome late game, but it's probably best to do night discussion next to get us a bit more information before we pull out the thunderdome card

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also please don't thunderdome this early. Too likely to pick two townies. Safer to use it when there are some really solid scum reads.

Everybody's getting a turn as Simon. If we save thunderdome and a scum player has it available to them while they're Simon, what do you think is gonna happen

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody's getting a turn as Simon. If we save thunderdome and a scum player has it available to them while they're Simon, what do you think is gonna happen
If both chosen thunderdome players turn out to be town then Simon would be under suspicion regardless of true alignment.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we're kind of sleepwalking here. I know Faddy was stressing that people shouldn't vote yet, but I think we should get some down just to see where people's heads are at. Just be careful not to hammer

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Exo - the back and forth between scumreading faddy and then townread oh him.

Faddy - possible scum v scum day 1. I also don't like the cop speculation.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

DCPat (2 votes)
Never Forever - #470 (Double)

Swamped (2 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #558 (Double)

Post Counts:
Faddy: 30 EzekelRAGE: 16 SalvaPot: 16 TheChuggernaut: 16 DCPat: 14 Apollo: 13 Fran: 13 exodus: 10 Never Forever: 4 Meatwad: 3 Swamped: 3 malus: 1

Current Countdown:
50uierpvn2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry I've been quite busy this weekend and probably won't be too active today as well. At the moment I mostly have town reads and not too strong scum reads.
town: Apollo, Faddy, Fran, TheChuggernaut, EzekelRAGE
lean town: Meatwad
null: exodus, Swamped
lean scum: Salva Pot, Never Forever, DCPat

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I've been quite busy this weekend and probably won't be too active today as well. At the moment I mostly have town reads and not too strong scum reads.
town: Apollo, Faddy, Fran, TheChuggernaut, EzekelRAGE
lean town: Meatwad
null: exodus, Swamped
lean scum: Salva Pot, Never Forever, DCPat

Try to hit 5 posts at least lol.

Who would you kill if you had a vig shot?

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never Forever asked to be replaced, I'm looking for another player to take his spot at the moment.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the low activity but I had things to do during the weekend so I was playing mostly by phone. I still have some things to do but I will be in my house so I can check the game from my PC.

Read list:

Town
[She/her] Apollo - EST
[He/him] Faddy - UTC
[He/him] EzekelRAGE - CST
[He/him] Never Forever - GMT
[He/him] TheChuggernaut - CST
[He/him] Meatwad - EST

Nulls
[He/him] SalvaPot - PST
[He/him] malus - CET

Scum
[She/her] Swamped - EST
[He/him] exodus - EST
[He/him] DCPat - CET

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not liking Fran.

If just read all his posts and I think it's interesting that he is questioning everybody and touches every subject, yet I don't see the same with his Cabot interactions. Swamped mentioned it. Then also only after my name gets mentioned a few times he slips me in his scum reads with a weak reason.

For now this will do. Also it's Sunday family day. Won't be active for the coming period. But I will be around last 2 hours for day end.

VOTE: Fran

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Verelios - town
EzekelRAGE - town
Fran - town
SalvaPot - scum
Meatwad - town
Apollo - town
DCPat - town
Never Forever - scum
TheChuggernaut - town
Faddy - scum
malus - town

If that theory were to fall through, then my choices would shift significantly.m.
How does this readlist change with faddy not taking the shot?
Because to single out someone as scum ensures we waste our time focus on a townie. The soft vig claim from Faddy was also scummy. I think he was just arguing with cabot for show and obviously didn't intend for him to die. Arguments day 1 were even less risky than usual for scum since no one was getting lynched.
I take it back. I'm leaning scum on Faddy the more that I think about it.
I still see this as a reach to scumread someone.
this reads as fake concern. In most cases it would be town vs town.

Double: Exodus

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not liking Fran.

If just read all his posts and I think it's interesting that he is questioning everybody and touches every subject, yet I don't see the same with his Cabot interactions. Swamped mentioned it. Then also only after my name gets mentioned a few times he slips me in his scum reads with a weak reason.

For now this will do. Also it's Sunday family day. Won't be active for the coming period. But I will be around last 2 hours for day end.

VOTE: Fran

Except that I questioned Cabot everytime that he made a post that I didn't like:

You may have not liked it but I lynched scum, forced a fake claim by Pirate Bae which lead to her being lynched later in the game and made Faddy screw up at day end and get lynched the next day.

At least we got results from it.

Why are you voting for Faddy then?

But neither of both posts make me think that he couldn't be scum. He is talking mostly about today mechanics. It's fine but both aligments could do it.

All this Fran didn't questioned Cabot is bullshit. This vote reeks of OMGUS.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
This feels like a bunch of town infighting.

Double: SalvaPot

Salva is out of character and coasting where he would normally be very vocal.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm available now.

Zeke come on dude. You are being very stubborn here and it will probably get you mislynched later.

Today hasn't exactly been full of discussion but I think DCPAT is still a good lynch here. Him and Fran might just be the team tbh.
I have got more town vibes from Swamped and Salva than either of those two.
Meatwad is going to get NK'd tonight. Mafia you can't let him give us two checks tomorrow...
exodus is dropping off a bit but I still think he is town.
Malus is pretty null.

Somehow Chuggs is just town, I dont know why but he is.
Apollo is town.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm available now.

Zeke come on dude. You are being very stubborn here and it will probably get you mislynched later.

Today hasn't exactly been full of discussion but I think DCPAT is still a good lynch here. Him and Fran might just be the team tbh.
Meatwad is going to get NK'd tonight. Mafia you can't let him give us two checks tomorrow...
Malus is pretty null.

Apollo is town.

What do you think of DC voting for Fran?

We have a pretty wide range of votes here which is interesting

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I try to limit my scum reads to how many people I think are left in the game because it forces me to reexamine the thing if it turns out I'm wrong, but if I had to pick some others it would be NF and Salva.

I think you made some good points about NF, but I'm hesitant to go for him right now because scum Cabot just voting for his scum right then seems kind of a strange thing to do.

Salva just doesn't seem like he's adding much and seems to be flying under a lot of peoples radars. That hard Apollo shade he just threw got an eyebrow raise out of me also.

Also, I looked back at your posts and the only thing I saw was you putting Cabot in a scum list, but you didn't really say why. Am I missing another post you made? I'm weary of this because I just got out of a game where scum Natiko and scum Monkey just kept lightly bussing each other the whole game

Did I make good points about scum NF? I've been town reading him since cabot flipped. Don't think that has really changed.

Yeah, I didn't openly call it out, but I questioned him quite a bit regarding his vote for NF and how he never really asked to be Simon. This was troublesome to me. His answers weren't convincing, so I had him as a scum lean.

At the time of this post, NF had only made 2 posts...and both were mostly about getting people to vote for them, as you can only trust yourself. And voting for your town reads. Not exactly the most original thoughts, but NF is eloquent, I'll give you that. I'm surprised you've taken a liking to him so quickly given that he didn't even post all that much.

Also, I don't exactly see you clamoring for the Simon role either :P

Should I have been more forceful? Probably. But that doesn't change how I felt about his alignment, and I was comfortable sharing my views about that in my reads post.

I'm not calling out your interactions with Cabot. I think you are scum because you started truly playing just after Cabot died. Before that you were a non presence in the game but when Faddy started calling Cabot scum you started making reads and pushing people. Also I think your read on me was forced as you had me as town, liked my posts but changed me for scum because of something that everyone else is also guilty of.

Trying to relate me with Exodus doesn't help neither.

Well, I beg to differ, I felt like I was around all day D1. That was actually a high-activity day for me believe it or not! D2 on the other hand...weekends are rough. I think I was playing the same before/after cabot's death, but that is neither here nor there.

I think it was really important that I re-evaluated my stance on you after cabot's death since you were a loud player who was interacting with confirmed scum. It would have been dangerous of me to keep assuming you were town in light of that. In fact, knowing now that Faddy was NOT the vig, I should probably not just assume he's town either.

But there is this interesting post from you that I want to highlight for the other players who are scum reading you right now (so that would be DC, Faddy, and possibly others I'm missing?) :

Still unsure. My meta candidates were Cabot, Faddy, Vere or Swamped but Faddy isn't helping so he is out now and Swamped has done little.

Basically, you narrowed it down to cabot and Vere. Vere was town. I just feel it would be so risky for scum to want to vote there own for Simon on D1. I think they would want to just keep there heads low and go with the flow.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I'm available now.

Malus is pretty null.

Apollo is town.

What do you think of cabot randomly voting him after his votes on you first, then NF (which had an explanation)? His malus vote had no explanation and it looked like he was doing a fake prod. It made me lean town on malus tbh.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
What do you think of cabot randomly voting him after his votes on you first, then NF (which had an explanation)? His malus vote had no explanation and it looked like he was doing a fake prod. It made me lean town on malus tbh.

That is probably a point in favour of malus. But I have a lot of town so I'm going to keep looking for places where I am wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
Did I make good points about scum NF? I've been town reading him since cabot flipped. Don't think that has really changed.

Yeah, I didn't openly call it out, but I questioned him quite a bit regarding his vote for NF and how he never really asked to be Simon. This was troublesome to me. His answers weren't convincing, so I had him as a scum lean.

Should I have been more forceful? Probably. But that doesn't change how I felt about his alignment, and I was comfortable sharing my views about that in my reads post.

Well, I beg to differ, I felt like I was around all day D1. That was actually a high-activity day for me believe it or not! D2 on the other hand...weekends are rough. I think I was playing the same before/after cabot's death, but that is neither here nor there.

I think it was really important that I re-evaluated my stance on you after cabot's death since you were a loud player who was interacting with confirmed scum. It would have been dangerous of me to keep assuming you were town in light of that. In fact, knowing now that Faddy was NOT the vig, I should probably not just assume he's town either.

But there is this interesting post from you that I want to highlight for the other players who are scum reading you right now (so that would be DC, Faddy, and possibly others I'm missing?) :

Basically, you narrowed it down to cabot and Vere. Vere was town. I just feel it would be so risky for scum to want to vote there own for Simon on D1. I think they would want to just keep there heads low and go with the flow.

Damnit, Swamped. You're starting to sell me.

Shit, going to go reread this day phase real quick

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Relying to the quote real quick, will read everything under it now.

If both chosen thunderdome players turn out to be town then Simon would be under suspicion regardless of true alignment.

It's not a matter of "Simon would be under suspicion". It's about the motivation of the usage of the power itself. A scum player will put two townies against each other. A town player will at least try to land scum in their choices. One gives us a chance, the other very much does not.

Oct 25, 2017
I've played with scum Fran, and this doesn't feel like scum Fran. Granted, Fran is a good player, so he might of just switched up his game here, but I don't think I'm going to be voting here

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
If there is only two of them left then it is separation. I don't know.

Of course our cop will be checking Fran tonight so we will know.

So, can we assume that you are passing the Simon power to meatwad, then meatwad picks the night discussion power so that we get two more checks before he gets nk'ed lol? We are so good at this game.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
So, can we assume that you are passing the Simon power to meatwad, then meatwad picks the night discussion power so that we get two more checks before he gets nk'ed lol? We are so good at this game.

Simon doesn't protect tonight, that was just a night 1 perk.

What is absolutely clear is that whoever I give the role to should not pick roleblock.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Except that I questioned Cabot everytime that he made a post that I didn't like:

All this Fran didn't questioned Cabot is bullshit. This vote reeks of OMGUS.

To be fair, these posts don't really do much in your favor IMO. One of them is just arguing about a past game (in a series of posts that began with jokes), one of them is just an easy question. Both of these can easily be seen as scum trying to interact at minimum with their teammate.

Oct 25, 2017
Swamped- Really starting to think I messed up with this read. Leaning town for now.

Exodus- Leaning town. I don't see scum having a day 1 like this.

Zeke- I've said before that scum Zeke would be scary because Zeke could go all Zeke mode and no one would bat an eye. Still, thinking he's town

Fran- Leaning town here, but I could be wrong.

Salva- Haven't liked almost any of his posts. Lean scum

Meatwad- NARK

Apollo- The Punisher

DC- I'm thinking about this one. I still lean town here, but I would appreciate someone scum reading him to point me in the direction towards an argument for him being scum that I can reread.

NF- Liked his post at the start. Swamped laid out some interesting posts against him, but she's probably right about that Cabot vote making him not scum.

Faddy- Town

Malus- null