• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Malus, Fran, DC, and Salva could be all be part of the scum team. Obviously not all of them because that would be a weird size

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Swamped who are you thinking of voting today?

I feel like I have a better sense of who town is at this point. Many people have done things that scream "town" to me. I'm going to give exo a re-read, because I didn't like the way he opportunistically pounced on scum-reading me at the end of D1, but that might have just been my perception so I need to check it again.

Basically, I feel I need to re-read exo and DCPat. Zeke is also a blindspot, but not really getting scum vibes.

And re-read you Chuggs <3

But you changing your read on me is a point in your favor. Scum would want to keep around "scum" reads as much as they can so they can get mislynches.

Simon doesn't protect tonight, that was just a night 1 perk.

What is absolutely clear is that whoever I give the role to should not pick roleblock.

Ah crap.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Fran (2 votes)
DCPat - #575 #579
DCPat - #579 (Double)

DCPat (2 votes)
Never Forever - #470 (Double)

SalvaPot (2 votes)
exodus - #582 (Double)

exodus (2 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #580 (Double)

Swamped (2 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #558 (Double)

Faddy (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #574 (Double) #580

Post Counts:
Faddy: 35 TheChuggernaut: 25 EzekelRAGE: 19 DCPat: 17 Apollo: 16 SalvaPot: 16 Fran: 15 exodus: 11 Swamped: 6 Never Forever: 4 Meatwad: 3 malus: 3

Current Countdown:
50uierpvn2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I would also like to see an argument against DCPat.

After the shot DCPAT immediately coming in and voting me for simon without any comment is classic scum DCPAT.

He didn't even really make a comment on cabot flipping or look to start solving the game like me, you and to some extent Swamped did. There was no indication they were out to solve the game.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, you narrowed it down to cabot and Vere.

I didn't narrowed it down to Vere or Cabot. There is an important word there: "meta". This was 12hs into the game with little more than 100 posts. Chugger asked about who could be Simon and, with little content so far, I gave him some meta reads. This is my first game with Meatwad, Apollo and NF and I haven't played with Salva, Exodus or DC since forever.

To be fair, these posts don't really do much in your favor IMO. One of them is just arguing about a past game (in a series of posts that began with jokes), one of them is just an easy question. Both of these can easily be seen as scum trying to interact at minimum with their teammate.

Maybe if you didn't killed Cabot in the first 24hs in the game we would have more interactions to go on, but we were at a point were everyone was just light proding and, besides Faddy everyone was acting the same. What bothers me is the double standard: Nobody but Faddy pushed Cabot but the only one getting heat for it is me. Really, at this point, it's starting to be really annoying.

DC- I'm thinking about this one. I still lean town here, but I would appreciate someone scum reading him to point me in the direction towards an argument for him being scum that I can reread.

I don't agree. With you being the only one with a vote on I think that you are waiting for someone else to vote to jump on their wagon so you can give the rest of the players an alternative for your vote.

You said this:

But you are never voting so, either you don't want to move the game forward or you are afraid of putting a vote in a player who isn't going to get votes and then having trouble changing it. It looks like cautious scum to me.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we should be in too much of a rush here.

The game is under control imo.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I may not be around much for the rest of the day, but I think I'm going to stick with my Salva vote. I don't have a strong enough opinion on DC and don't have time to reread everything.

Zeke's pretty all over the place so despite his vote on me, I'm feeling pretty town on him.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Zeke come on dude. You are being very stubborn here and it will probably get you mislynched later..
How am i being stubborn?

Zeke's pretty all over the place so despite his vote on me, I'm feeling pretty town on him.

Examples of being all over the place?

Also, do you care to answer my post from earlier? Seemed like instead of answering it, you handwaved the discussion with "just town infighting".

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
How does this readlist change with faddy not taking the shot?

I still see this as a reach to scumread someone.

this reads as fake concern. In most cases it would be town vs town.

Double: Exodus

It's simple. He soft claimed vig and I accepted him as town for that. I said that if he wasn't the big then the soft claim would feel scummy to me. Someone else and spoke up claiming vig, which shifted me to a scumread on Faddy.

It's not that complicated.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Alright I'm back with not much new to add.

I still think SalvaPot is our best bet today so:
vote: SalvaPot

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
It's simple. He soft claimed vig and I accepted him as town for that. I said that if he wasn't the big then the soft claim would feel scummy to me. Someone else and spoke up claiming vig, which shifted me to a scumread on Faddy.

You really think I come out with a scum read on a partner.

Then when asked to back it up I dumpster him with 5 quotes and then come back with another bit about how he was all over the place on his simon choice and vote for NF.

If you could read between the lines of what I was saying to Zeke it was kind of obvious I didn't shoot. And generally don't think vigs should shoot blindly on day 1. See some votes and a flip first, never mind that I never even waited for Cabot's response. I immediately asked for a claim on day 2 because it wasn't smart for me to hold the claim longer when someone else deserved a lot of town cred.

Why do you think it was scummy? I got protected by the simon power and Apollo got to hide in the bunch. Apollo could have spoken up anytime she wanted.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Chugger, you seem to follow the cases from Fran and Faddy? What are your reads on the 2?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
To add to the Faddy discussion: I think he did the correct thing to not out the real shooter immediately. That way we get at least a whole day with a confirmed town player while otherwise I have no doubt that scum would target that player.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Salva is hard to read. I think this is the Salva I remember. Being town Salva. He is fine right now.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel good at all about the Salva votes. I would much rather go for exodus or malus.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Being on Faddy then me despite my scumreading him feels pretty polar to me.
That's not all over the place though. They both sort of deal with each other.

You have been very flip floppy on Faddy.

First you believed he was scum with cabot, then end of the day you said you only entertained it to sus out possible scum. OK
Then after the reveal he wasnt the shooter, you had him as town. IIRC.
I asked you more about your read on faddy, you then flipped to scum leaning faddy.

Ok, This is your read list from day 1, after you thought faddy was the vig.
Verelios - town
EzekelRAGE - town
Fran - town
SalvaPot - scum
Meatwad - town
Apollo - town
DCPat - town
Never Forever - scum
TheChuggernaut - town
Faddy - scum
malus - town

Hinging heavily on the theory that Faddy is soft-claiming the vig shot on cabot to become Simon. If that theory were to fall through, then my choices would shift significantly. .
You have him as scum. How does this list change that you know faddy didnt shoot.

You said it would change significantly.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I can see exodus being scum. I had him as light town but I can definitely see how his sudden flip on me from calling out cabot was over done because he knew I was right about cabot. And then the move to Swamped for little reason after that.

Definitely should be in consideration for later days but I really think DCPat is just scum here.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why Malus? I have him as null so I would like some reads for him.

I'm still leaning to vote DCPat and Exodus, in that order.

A few things bug me about malus. He considered cabot for Simon, something is expect from scum. His interactions with Faddy. He spent a number of posts D1 seriously considering the idea of Faddy being under a posting restriction, trying to game it. His weird meta argument before that for why Faddy might be posting as he was. His reads list- I have no idea why he's scum reading DCPat or NF because he never told us, and his argument for not liking Salva, who he ends up calling our "best bet" is merely this that he "hasn't contributed much" and has made some "strange posts". It's super weak. None of this makes me feel like malus is actually trying to solve the game

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
That's not all over the place though. They both sort of deal with each other.

You have been very flip floppy on Faddy.

First you believed he was scum with cabot, then end of the day you said you only entertained it to sus out possible scum. OK
Then after the reveal he wasnt the shooter, you had him as town. IIRC.
I asked you more about your read on faddy, you then flipped to scum leaning faddy.

Ok, This is your read list from day 1, after you thought faddy was the vig.

You have him as scum. How does this list change that you know faddy didnt shoot.

You said it would change significantly.

Double: EzekelRAGE

Trying to paint me as scum because I'm indecisive? As town, I know shit all and my opinion is prone to change. I thought you were being the same way but your incessant hounding about this is giving me some strong scum vibes.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
So instructions for Simon.

DO NOT pick the roleblock, check info should be outed tomorrow imo. Roleblock should be used on Night 3!
Only Thunderdome if you have some really strong reads and reconsider everything on the flip.
Stealing a vote, no turbo, open night chat are fine options to use at this stage. Don't feel you have to go for broke.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

DCPat (4 votes)
Never Forever - #470 (Double)
TheChuggernaut - #612 (Double)

EzekelRAGE (2 votes)
exodus - #642 (Double)

SalvaPot (2 votes)
exodus - #582 (Double) #642
malus - #623 #630
malus - #630 (Double)

Fran (2 votes)
DCPat - #575 #579
DCPat - #579 (Double)

exodus (2 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #580 (Double)

Faddy (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #574 (Double) #580

Swamped (0 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #558 (Double) #612

Not voting: Fran, SalvaPot, Faddy

Post Counts:
Faddy: 42 TheChuggernaut: 36 DCPat: 22 EzekelRAGE: 21 Apollo: 18 Fran: 17 SalvaPot: 16 exodus: 15 Swamped: 8 malus: 7 Meatwad: 4 Never Forever: 4

Current Countdown:
50uierpvn2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Simon is going to someone in my town reads. I don't feel like I need to say any more than that.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
You really think I come out with a scum read on a partner.

Then when asked to back it up I dumpster him with 5 quotes and then come back with another bit about how he was all over the place on his simon choice and vote for NF.

If you could read between the lines of what I was saying to Zeke it was kind of obvious I didn't shoot. And generally don't think vigs should shoot blindly on day 1. See some votes and a flip first, never mind that I never even waited for Cabot's response. I immediately asked for a claim on day 2 because it wasn't smart for me to hold the claim longer when someone else deserved a lot of town cred.

Why do you think it was scummy? I got protected by the simon power and Apollo got to hide in the bunch. Apollo could have spoken up anytime she wanted.

I think it was manipulative. I'm not sure if it was scummy anymore.

Also, scum reads day 1 are meaningless, especially when there's no lynch on the table. Scum will always do some infighting for show, guaranteed. I'm not saying that makes you scummy, I'm just saying it does little to buy you townie points in my book.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
In the end I feel it's far more valuable to take my own unique stance and reads on the situation. Scum are just going to get by by agreeing with the popular opinion.

If I get lynched, at least you'll get more value out of it. If I put myself in the spotlight by taking a controversial stance, so be it.

I think you need to start looking at the majority just coasting by.

Really though, I'm realizing this double vote has been a failure. We haven't been able to put proper pressure on anyone yet since everyone is afraid to cast votes. Everyone is abstaining from voting outside of a few people and those votes are practically meaningless when it's just 1-2 people.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Considering no ones really come to DC's defence, I seriously have doubts that he's scum. Scum will be fighting hard to not suffer another death today.

That somewhat applies to Salva, though he wasn't under pressure for long.