• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
'Sup, I'm late, but ready to party.

That kill makes sense, after the end of the last day phase. I like that Simon modifier choice, too. Though, I feel like it'd work pretty much at any point of this game.

The ones I suspect the most right now are Meatwad, exodus, and Swamped. Mainly feel right now; I need to take time to make some proper connections, but some things off the top of my head:
  • Meatwad: Some weird play, like the avoidance to being Simon on D1 or the hammer.
  • exodus: Uncertainty regarding Faddy's alignment, now apparently leaning scum, and reads I generally don't agree with.
  • Swamped: Not even sure, but I did read most of the thread and it's a feeling. There's been more defense around Meatwad as the game's progressed, and Swamped is part of this.
Ok meatwad what are your checks?
I might have missed something, but why is there a certainty that Meatwad's a cop?

Considering that's a second pretty strong power, are we still doubting that there may be more than 3 scum in this game?
I think there are 4. Or effectively 4, if there's a neutral too.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Well, exodus you were right that DC was town. You still scumread Salva? If so, can you give me specifics?

Malus was also another choice to save DC at the end of the day. Why did you decide against him?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Why is he your highest town? What did he contribute to the discussion so far? On day 2 he had a list of middling town reads and a few posts saying "this feels like town ____", and just asking a few people questions. No concrete opinions on anything.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Why is he your highest town? What did he contribute to the discussion so far? On day 2 he had a list of middling town reads and a few posts saying "this feels like town ____", and just asking a few people questions. No concrete opinions on anything.

He feels like he is trying to solve the game and is contributing in a positive manner imo.

Why did you think DCPat was a bad lynch. He sure as hell didn't project town, he went willingly to his own death. It makes it seem like you had additional information.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Well, exodus you were right that DC was town. You still scumread Salva? If so, can you give me specifics?

Malus was also another choice to save DC at the end of the day. Why did you decide against him?

I honestly almost dropped the vote on Malus because I was pretty confident in DC being town. I really didn't look much at Malus's posts over the day though so I went back to re-read for a bit and the hammer dropped. I didn't want to drop the vote blind.

I don't know about Salva. He was just a hunch and I wanted to offer up someone to counter the vote train on DC. At least we have a little bit more voting information now than if we had hammered DC outright.

Right now my top scum read is still Faddy. He got town laser focused on DC over nothing, and has picked Chugg as Simon even though Chugg's posting was extremely weak on day 2.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I think the theory is that meatwad hammered D1, so that he could guarantee a check. I think it's more likely that he just screwed up though.

Nah. When I called cabot town and then went on Meatwad his response was that I went from being so right to being so wrong. That is softing a PR.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
To add some more, I think that Faddy picked Chugg because Chugg currently has no strong convictions and zero scum leads. Scum can then be sure that the new Simon isn't going to thunderdome down on scum.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He feels like he is trying to solve the game and is contributing in a positive manner imo.

Why did you think DCPat was a bad lynch. He sure as hell didn't project town, he went willingly to his own death. It makes it seem like you had additional information.

At the very least, I agree that exodus's opposition to DCPat's lynch came off as stronger than I would hve expected. I didn't look good to me

exodus

Oct 25, 2017

I voice my opinions yesterday. The lynch was too easy with no opposition from potential teammates. It's not hard to see why DC went willingly to his death, considering his ability.

Anyways, I'm not beating around this anymore.

Vote: Faddy

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least, I agree that exodus's opposition to DCPat's lynch came off as stronger than I would hve expected. I didn't look good to me

Yes. DCPat was not even trying.

I get that he had a lynchproof but that makes it even more important to contribute and make people have a proper opinion of you rather than get scum read for doing nothing.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I voice my opinions yesterday. The lynch was too easy with no opposition from potential teammates. It's not hard to see why DC went willingly to his death, considering his ability.

Anyways, I'm not beating around this anymore.

Vote: Faddy

LOL exodus.

I'm going to claim now because I was pretty shocked by DCPat's flip. I'm town governor and can override into a No Lynch. Which is actual garbage and I would never use unless it was to save myself.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, why claim at all? There's nothing about DCPat's flip that justifies it.

Yes there is. His role is almost exactly the same as my role except I can target anyone. But I am only going to use it on myself. And I won;t get a confirmation like he did so everyone is going to say I am a scum counter to DCPat.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Read the subtext. He is saying I was right for hitting scum but now I am very wrong because I am attacking a town PR.

I mean, maybe? It can also be easily read as "Faddy, you may have guess correctly on your first scum read, but you are wrong about me as I am town".

As for Faddy's claim, I think thats a lot of no lynch power between him, DCPat and a forced No Lynch D1. Somewhat balanced by having my day vig power to help rack up an extra kill? Idk.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, maybe? It can also be easily read as "Faddy, you may have guess correctly on your first scum read, but you are wrong about me as I am town".

As for Faddy's claim, I think thats a lot of no lynch power between him, DCPat and a forced No Lynch D1. Somewhat balanced by having my day vig power to help rack up an extra kill? Idk.

If anything it makes you less town. Since 2 town can stop their own lynch.

Why do we need that plus a vig shot?

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's much reason for scumFaddy to come out with this claim, so I think I'm willing to buy into it for now.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly almost dropped the vote on Malus because I was pretty confident in DC being town. I really didn't look much at Malus's posts over the day though so I went back to re-read for a bit and the hammer dropped. I didn't want to drop the vote blind.

I don't know about Salva. He was just a hunch and I wanted to offer up someone to counter the vote train on DC. At least we have a little bit more voting information now than if we had hammered DC outright.

Right now my top scum read is still Faddy. He got town laser focused on DC over nothing, and has picked Chugg as Simon even though Chugg's posting was extremely weak on day 2.

I see. Well, it seems the Simon power is picked at the start of the day, so Faddy would have been going off D1 play.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Might as well have him prove the claim. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That would mean a day going by without a lynch. That does not seem worth it.
Yes there is. His role is almost exactly the same as my role except I can target anyone. But I am only going to use it on myself. And I won;t get a confirmation like he did so everyone is going to say I am a scum counter to DCPat.
I see. But, to the bolded, justifiably so. It seems like a small game to have so many circumstances revolve around people not getting lynched. Not sure what to make of it.

I can buy it, though. Still think both Apollo and Faddy are very much town for now.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to keep going on assuming Faddy is town. Apollo could be a neutral, but I'm not super concerned with neutrals right now.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone doubts I am the governor. I was posting colours because I literally did not care about getting scum read. And then once the day started and there wasn't a lynch I laughed and mesaged Pedro and said I was going to do it for 2 days then override my lynch.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Actually exodus allow me to push you some more.

This feels like a bunch of town infighting.

Double: SalvaPot

Salva is out of character and coasting where he would normally be very vocal.

Your initial vote for Salva was because he was a coaster. Why call him out instead of other coasters? Also, you were scum reading me quite a bit. Why not vote for a scumread? You could have started an alternative train on me, many other vocal players would have joined you (probably Fran, possibly Chuggs).

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't want a train, I wanted a prod. If I voted for you I figured there'd be a pretty good chance for a quick train.

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie. My first thought when Faddy started saying saying Meaty was a cop was to trick scum into killing him so they would waste a kill on someone who was on a lot of peoples scum list and then Faddy would reveal he was actually the cop and he was going to give us a read during the night phase. Looked a bit too deep there

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I picked Salva over malus because I've never played with malus so only Salva felt a bit out of character for me.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie. My first thought when Faddy started saying saying Meaty was a cop was to trick scum into killing him so they would waste a kill on someone who was on a lot of peoples scum list and then Faddy would reveal he was actually the cop and he was going to give us a read during the night phase. Looked a bit too deep there

But...what if meatwad is scum :O