• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I already checked that and Pedro posted the flip D2 8 minutes after the final votecount. And there is no flavor so it could be.

D1 Pedro posted the flip (?) 6 minutes after the votecount and there is a lot of flavor so it would be unlikely but D1 we didn't lynched anyone so maybe he couldn't use his power. Also Faddy was in the lead so maybe Pedro has it pretyped.

It could be true. I just don't believe that we have 2 townie lynchproofs.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the player actually been there to use an override. The whole point of the forum mafia game is having some leeway to participate without having to be glued to the screen.

Imagine if Faddy was voted while it was 4am at his timezone, then what, would Pedro stop the whole game until he waked up to save himself? And also, the role is not limited to him, he can save ANYONE. But it has to be on twilight face and within 5 minutes. Come on.
Pretty sure someone got frustrated in Mansion and vented in the ResetEra Mafia thread for this reason. And cabot here got shot without any chance at defending himself. This isn't a reason to distrust the claim.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
The time from day end to the flip is what matters.

And it will never be less than 5 minutes no matter what my power is because it takes that long to get everything organised.

In Monopoly where I was doing things as fast as I could it was still around 10 minutes before I could write up everything, check I got all the details correct etc before posting the reveal.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure someone got frustrated in Mansion and vented in the ResetEra Mafia thread for this reason. And cabot here got shot without any chance at defending himself. This isn't a reason to distrust the claim.
No reason? I'm just pointing out one of the inconsistencies with it, since everyone else already pointed a few of them. Really? No Reason?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the player actually been there to use an override. The whole point of the forum mafia game is having some leeway to participate without having to be glued to the screen.

Imagine if Faddy was voted while it was 4am at his timezone, then what, would Pedro stop the whole game until he waked up to save himself? And also, the role is not limited to him, he can save ANYONE. But it has to be on twilight face and within 5 minutes. Come on.

We had roles that could resurrect players with a small timeframe (Overwatch and Arkham had them, maybe some others too) but that timeframe was 2 hours before day started.

5 minutes is really tight in forum mafia and I don't have a clue how would that work with someone like FEP or Stan (like it would be at 5AM for FEP).

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No reason? I'm just pointing out one of the inconsistencies with it, since everyone else already pointed a few of them. Really? No Reason?
I'm not saying there isn't a reason to distrust the claim. I'm saying that what you presented in that quote isn't one of them. Obviously, it could be a lie, and I'm not fully on board with it, either.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We had roles that could resurrect players with a small timeframe (Overwatch and Arkham had them, maybe some others too) but that timeframe was 2 hours before day started.

5 minutes is really tight in forum mafia and I don't have a clue how would that work with someone like FEP or Stan (like it would be at 5AM for FEP).
Its also kind of a silly power to give a town member. Its pretty much the same as a escape artist, only that you won't know if you are actually saving a town or a scum player. By that point it would only help if someone decide to claim REALLY late before getting lynched and Faddy decided to believe him instead of watching his flip. And overiding himself, well, again, the same as escape artist and he will probably get killed, just like DCPat.

Its pretty much the same role with extra steps.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Faddys claim is interesting:

1. He didn't need to claim. Seems weak, he could've just let ppl make a case onhim and see how it turned out, then TADA. I'm still alive.

But it seems he claimed to get ahead of continuing to be scumread.

2. As already stated, that doesn't mesh well with dc's role. It seems we have an Simon rule and dc to counter cabot, now we have another lynchproof person?

3. The 5 minute in between twilight doesn't gel with me. That seems like too tight of a window. I only experienced a governor once, in kingdom hearts mafia. In there the governor was a day command you could use at any point during the day it HAD to be b4 the day ended.

I think we should test the claim and not let it linger for too long. One thing we could do is test the claim, see then no lynch, then discuss in the night phase.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
3. The 5 minute in between twilight doesn't gel with me. That seems like too tight of a window. I only experienced a governor once, in kingdom hearts mafia. In there the governor was a day command you could use at any point during the day it HAD to be b4 the day ended.
Going more in on this. It had to be before a majority was reached as well. If either happened the power could no longer be used.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
People need to stop being mean to Pedro's game design.

Monkey had a similar power in the Invitational. Unfortunately our gamerunner Ouro didn't bother flipping mine and monkey's roles once we won. But day 2 post day end she used her override on Blarg to much hilarity.

no u:Blargonaut

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, there IS a downside if we vote Faddy out. And that is that if it results in a No Lynch, then we don't get a flip, and we didn't lynch a potential scum player.

If we don't vote him out, scum will ignore him almost for sure. And if he is scum, then damn that was a perfect role to claim.

Honestly, it makes far more sense to claim this as scum now, since it would be better for a town player to save it for later. Hell, he is so adamant about his reads that he could have used to, say, save his cop meatwad in the late game. No way a player like Faddy would believe this was a useless role.

Oct 25, 2017
I believe Faddy and I'm pretty against testing out his power. I think it's a waste of time especially because anyone who thinks he lying isn't going to buy it even if he ends up not getting lynched. This could could get us lost for a few days and I think I would rather just look elsewhere.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, there IS a downside if we vote Faddy out. And that is that if it results in a No Lynch, then we don't get a flip, and we didn't lynch a potential scum player.

If we don't vote him out, scum will ignore him almost for sure. And if he is scum, then damn that was a perfect role to claim.

Honestly, it makes far more sense to claim this as scum now, since it would be better for a town player to save it for later. Hell, he is so adamant about his reads that he could have used to, say, save his cop meatwad in the late game. No way a player like Faddy would believe this was a useless role.

Not really. If get to a final 6 or 4 and I am alive I will have to prove my claim.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I believe Faddy and I'm pretty against testing out his power. I think it's a waste of time especially because anyone who thinks he lying isn't going to buy it even if he ends up not getting lynched. This could could get us lost for a few days and I think I would rather just look elsewhere.
Meh I'd buy it as him being town. Has there ever been a scum lynchproof?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a waste to lynch Faddy now. I'm somewhat inclined to believe him, but if I weren't, I'd lynch him during a Simon roleblock to be sure.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a waste to lynch Faddy now. I'm somewhat inclined to believe him, but if I weren't, I'd lynch him during a Simon roleblock to be sure.

I think I get roleblocked in that scenario. Idk if DCPat would have since he didn't need to input a command. He was naturally lynch proof. Like roleblocking a bulletproof player doesn't work.

Roleblock has to be activated tonight regardless. That will mean (hopefully) a deathless night on night 4.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Although reading it now it doesn't seem like Simon powers last into the night or at least it isn't clear.

In that case roleblock would only block the day vig and not me since I have a post day power. I assumed it lasts into the night but doesn't say that at all.

, you will be able to choose one of the powers below to activate on the next Day:

So a day only roleblock is kind of weird.

Oct 25, 2017
I buy Exodus being skeptical, but I'm not sure about the people who jumped of Faddy after him. It feels opportunistic. Not feeling super great about Salva and Fran right now.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I think scum may have more powers similar to cabot's. I'd expect there are other day powers that can influence voting if we do indeed have 2 lynchproof.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I buy Exodus being skeptical, but I'm not sure about the people who jumped of Faddy after him. It feels opportunistic. Not feeling super great about Salva and Fran right now.

Salva isn't wrong in his reasoning. If he is scum, he couldn't have made a better claim. For better or for worse, he's basically made himself unlynchable.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
You are talking like I have been counter claimed. I gave this info willingly.

You aren't even trying to solve the game.

How not? I'm trying to solve your claim or you are not part of the game?

And you already has been counterclaimed by DCPat, who have already flipped. Are you kidding me?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I think scum may have more powers similar to cabot's. I'd expect there are other day powers that can influence voting if we do indeed have 2 lynchproof.

I guess it would have blocked cabot, Apollo and me. And maybe DCPat.

I kind of just glossed over that because I was never using roleblock because I assumed it would stop people's night actions. But it doesn't seem like it does.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of course you'll say that, he gave you Simon so in your eyes he either has to be town or he is your partner.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
While Fran is pushing a bit hard and I'm suspicious, I'd really like to hear from meatwad and Malus. Don't think they've even chimed in since the day start.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Of course you'll say that, he gave you Simon so in your eyes he either has to be town or he is your partner.

I could buy that either of them if scum. But I don't buy that both of them are.

I didn't really like Chugg's play day 2. Just some random questions asked and claimed a bunch of people as possibly town, but hasn't taken a stance against anyone yet. Just seems very coasty. But I haven't played with him before, and he did pick the most town friendly Simon power today.

Oct 25, 2017
I could buy that either of them if scum. But I don't buy that both of them are.

I didn't really like Chugg's play day 2. Just some random questions asked and claimed a bunch of people as possibly town, but hasn't taken a stance against anyone yet. Just seems very coasty. But I haven't played with him before, and he did pick the most town friendly Simon power today.

I got kind of lost day 2, not going to lie. One of my biggest scum reads was barely here and the other one convinced me she was probably not scum, and I just wasn't super sure about my other reads for the rest of the day

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
No. He died first then I gave my power. That isn't a counterclaim.

LOL.

giphy.gif

I'm done. This is stupid. There is no way that Faddy is town and we already have a flip that proves it.

This is town being town as always.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
LOL.

giphy.gif

I'm done. This is stupid. There is no way that Faddy is town and we already have a flip that proves it.

This is town being town as always.

You think I roleclaim after DCPat's flip to get lynched for this kind of low level reasoning. Get outta here Fran.

This is actually you being bad and not re-evaluating. You haven't been town in the past couple of days anyway and this isn't helping your cause either.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Although reading it now it doesn't seem like Simon powers last into the night or at least it isn't clear.

In that case roleblock would only block the day vig and not me since I have a post day power. I assumed it lasts into the night but doesn't say that at all.

So a day only roleblock is kind of weird.
Maybe it means it activates the next day and night?

N3, Simon uses rb. D4/n4, all actions blocked.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I voice my opinions yesterday. The lynch was too easy with no opposition from potential teammates. It's not hard to see why DC went willingly to his death, considering his ability.

Anyways, I'm not beating around this anymore.

Vote: Faddy
That's weak reasoning for you townrrading
dc.
Kind of feels like a scum power and not a town power to me, tbh.
To me, the power for scum is too
strong.
My problem, and there is where the convenience of the claim continues, is that Faddy claim's there's no confirmation from using his power.

That means he could very well be scum with the same power. The only way to be sure is to lynch twice.
Double lynch doesn't make sense and wasted time. So it seems you want faddy doubly
killed.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I was wondering what the use of Faddy's power would be, and there is a good reason for that role to be in this game. If scum thunderdomes 2 towns, it's a good way to shut it down. So I'd give some points to Faddy for that.

Still don't agree with the early reveal.
Is this your only reasoning for going from lynching faddy to town reading him? You made several posts in regards to seeing him lynched.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly not going to bother responding to you anymore. If you want to throw shade my way so be it.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
More or less, yeah. I know you suspected Never Forever as one of your top scum reads next to exodus. Why is that?
Aww man, I already posted my thoughts on Never Forever. I'll go back and pick them up for you but I don't wanna.

I really liked how you setup another question directed at me, but the answer is right there~ right there~