• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
My power is a twilight power, it happens after the lynch. I have five minutes to choose before the flip happens.

Don't tell me I am wrong when you haven't seen my role.
I'll call this one bullshit. That would make the role pretty useless for someone in a bad timezone. No way would I stay up until early morning just to be able to use my power.

As was already said, two unlynchables seems excessive. I think DCs role was the counter to the no lynch D1, another one of the sort doesn't sound likely to me.

All in all I have serious doubts about the truthfulness of the role claim.

Someone pointed this out earlier, but I'm thinking this is a counter for scum getting the thunderdome if anything.
Couldn't we just vote no-lynch anyway? This isn't much of a counter.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly not going to bother responding to you anymore. If you want to throw shade my way so be it.

What? Let me recap this: You spent D1 and D2 scumreading Faddy when everyone was town reading him but D3, when he makes a claim full of holes and he is actually getting heat, you change your mind and decided that you townread him now. And when Zeke starts asking question about your sudden change of heart you answer that you won't answer them.

Yes, that doesn't seems scummy at all.

Oea2lCE70I9D-v7QOEI-lSuPeQM=.gif

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy, what do you think of exo's reads on you?

I'm currently inclined to vote for exo. Not sure I liked his reasoning for voting Salva to 'save' DC. He didn't want to vote for me because he didn't want to start a train? Plus I swear he was suspect of me. His reads on me and Faddy have flipflopped a lot, which is fine, but I'm reading that he's doing it in an opportunistic way.

An exo lynch could tell us more about Zeke too if exo is scum.

VOTE: exodus

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Other than the flip flopping on faddy, I don't like how exo has gotten points for townreading dc.

As scum it's easy to go against a lynch you know is a mislynch.

His main reasoning for not liking the lynch is because the lynch was too easy. It's assummed there are three scum total. If dc was scum, only 1 would remain. How hard can that person really fight to save dc(assuming dc was scum). Only thing they could do was voice their reluctance to vote dc and vote somewhere else. Iirc we had a couple ppl do exactly that. So why wouldn't they be

Also exo seems very defensive. Last day phase when I pressured him, he just voted me. After not scumreading me at iirc.

This day phase he posts he won't respond to legit questions I have.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I do think it's odd that town would have two unlynchable roles, but then again

Unlynchable
They alive, dammit
It's a miracle
Unlynchable
They alive dammit
But townies are strong as hell

Also, we don't know what the other scum powers are.

I still think the timing for scum Faddy to claim is weird. Sure, there was some pressure from exo and Fran, but as scum I would have just weathered it. It's possible that he's holding back some details about his role, but either alignment could do that. Not sure what to make of the twilight stuff though...

malus

Oct 30, 2017
This whole role claim business makes me feel much worse about Faddy and quite a bit worse about TheChuggernaut.

To me the claim looks like Faddy just wants to cement his town look, but stumbled on the details of his fake claim.
TheChuggernaut seems very quick to accept the claim. He also received Simon from Faddy, so I could see both of them on the Scum team.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
swamped, faddy and exodus are my nulls right now.

exodus is the bigger worry since his only post is a vote on Meatwad without a real reason, which is bluh.

These two posts could be read as light pressure from a scum mate. On a previous day I had also highlighted my concerns about cabot listing 3 people and providing more details about exo, maybe to leave some space to scum read him later for a bus.

I mean, maybe those posts are totally innocuous and I'm deep in the exo tunnel, but if someone gives me a good reason to townread exo I'm all ears.

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't we just vote no-lynch anyway? This isn't much of a counter.

Sure, but that would require almost all of town to see through what scum is doing, and I find just one memeber being able to do that to be more likely. All I'm saying is that we have a thunderdome ability that is pretty easy to get for scum, and it makes sense to add in some protection for town against it. DC's works as an individual while Faddys can work if he thinks scum are up to something. I don't know, it makes sense to me.

Also, just what was going when the claim happened was weird. He was getting pushed by Exodus, and let's be honest, Exodus wasn't going to be able to get people to go along with that lynch. And then Faddy just decides to claim while being in almost no danger? What kind of scum move is that? He went from being almost a confirmed town to having all this heat on him. I just don't see scum Faddy doing that

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Sorry I've been quite busy this weekend and probably won't be too active today as well. At the moment I mostly have town reads and not too strong scum reads.
town: Apollo, Faddy, Fran, TheChuggernaut, EzekelRAGE
lean town: Meatwad
null: exodus, Swamped
lean scum: Salva Pot, Never Forever, DCPat
To add to the Faddy discussion: I think he did the correct thing to not out the real shooter immediately. That way we get at least a whole day with a confirmed town player while otherwise I have no doubt that scum would target that player.
malus is faddy's claim the main reason for you scumreading him atm?

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

exodus (2 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #904
Swamped - #905

Fran (1 votes)
Faddy - #863

Faddy (1 votes)
exodus - #766

Not voting: Fran, FluxWaveZ, SalvaPot, Meatwad, TheChuggernaut, malus, Apollo

Post Counts:
Faddy: 44 TheChuggernaut: 29 exodus: 28 EzekelRAGE: 16 Swamped: 13 Fran: 13 SalvaPot: 11 Apollo: 9 FluxWaveZ: 8 malus: 3

Current Countdown:
x5p9o5lkat

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I do think it's odd that town would have two unlynchable roles, but then again

Unlynchable
They alive, dammit
It's a miracle
Unlynchable
They alive dammit
But townies are strong as hell

Also, we don't know what the other scum powers are.

I still think the timing for scum Faddy to claim is weird. Sure, there was some pressure from exo and Fran, but as scum I would have just weathered it. It's possible that he's holding back some details about his role, but either alignment could do that. Not sure what to make of the twilight stuff though...

I wasnt' pressuring Faddy until he roleclaimed (I didn't even posted today before that). I had Faddy as a town lean but that claim changes everything.

You have reviewed games Swamped, you know that a unlynchable is OP so many gamerunners don't use them. Now we have not one, but 2, IN A 14 PLAYERS GAME!!!!! It makes no sense. Either the remaining scum are really OP to balance them (and Cabot's role was not, at all) or Faddy is lying, either about his role or about his aligment.

Just for the record, the last time we had an unlynchable was in HvV and Terra had to be able to get his item to gain it. Even Geno, in a big game that was full of crazy and OP roles, gave a difficult condition to an unlynchable. Now we have 2 in a game the size of a mini.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Gee thanks for outing me Pedro.

The reason I asked is if we do have a cop role it would have been cool for them not to claim today and then claim in the period after night actions are confirmed. So scum couldn't immediately kill them but if they did die we would still get the checks anyway.

I guess doing it seconds before the deadline could work too but that is risky.
malus is faddy's claim the main reason for you scumreading him atm?
Yes. I had a pretty solid town read on him before that.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Other than the flip flopping on faddy, I don't like how exo has gotten points for townreading dc.

As scum it's easy to go against a lynch you know is a mislynch.

His main reasoning for not liking the lynch is because the lynch was too easy. It's assummed there are three scum total. If dc was scum, only 1 would remain. How hard can that person really fight to save dc(assuming dc was scum). Only thing they could do was voice their reluctance to vote dc and vote somewhere else. Iirc we had a couple ppl do exactly that. So why wouldn't they be

Also exo seems very defensive. Last day phase when I pressured him, he just voted me. After not scumreading me at iirc.

This day phase he posts he won't respond to legit questions I have.

I keep answering you yet you keep ignoring the answers. There's just not much point.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure what to think of exodus. On the one hand it looks like his vote was what made Faddy claim in the first place and he also voiced some doubt about the claim initially, but he was then quite quick to believe the claim despite heavily scum reading Faddy before. At the moment I think I would place him in "lean town" but I will certainly keep an eye on him.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Also, just what was going when the claim happened was weird. He was getting pushed by Exodus, and let's be honest, Exodus wasn't going to be able to get people to go along with that lynch. And then Faddy just decides to claim while being in almost no danger? What kind of scum move is that? He went from being almost a confirmed town to having all this heat on him. I just don't see scum Faddy doing that

That's what's making me lean town on Faddy. I was the only one that was even entertaining the thought that he was scum. My argument was the same and town was incredibly unlikely to go along with the Faddy lynch. Yet he claimed despite being under zero pressure. Suddenly a few people heavily jump on it. Fran has been the most vocal so far.

Zeke has been heavily focused on me since day 1. Nothing I say can convince him otherwise. Also no one has ever given me town points for saving DC. Swamped went on the pre-offensive that actually trying to save a townie was a scum move. Lynching a townie is a scum move. Saving a townie is a scum move. Being indecisive is a scum move. Being inflexible is a scum move. At least admit that you're trying to make your narrative fit your bias.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you think that the arguments used to doubt Faddy's claim have some merits?

Probably. Maybe I'm being too quick to trust.

So the downside to going after Faddy is that we might be wrong and get a no lynch. Maybe that's not such a big downside. And to be fair, there would be little point for scum going after Faddy if they believe his claim, since it wouldn't result in a townie death anyways.

When I look at it that way, I think it might actually make sense to lynch Faddy.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy, what do you think of exo's reads on you?

I'm currently inclined to vote for exo. Not sure I liked his reasoning for voting Salva to 'save' DC. He didn't want to vote for me because he didn't want to start a train? Plus I swear he was suspect of me. His reads on me and Faddy have flipflopped a lot, which is fine, but I'm reading that he's doing it in an opportunistic way.

An exo lynch could tell us more about Zeke too if exo is scum.

VOTE: exodus

My current thinking is that exodus is town.

I think he had a genuine scum read on me yesterday and it was the main reason he didn't want DCPat lynched. That all feels completely genuine to me. coming out today and doubling down on it was fine too. He was wrong but at least there was logic to his thinking.

I would much rather lynch Fran, meatwad, malus and maybe even Zeke.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you think that the arguments used to doubt Faddy's claim have some merits?

All the arguments against me are completely disengenuous. I had plenty of town credit. I'm not going to get a lot of scum reads for that DCPat lynch because he just rolled over.

Fran, remind me, why did you want to lynch DCPat yesterday?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Fran, remind me, why did you want to lynch DCPat yesterday?

I'm not liking DCPat righ now. He is asking for people to vote but he isn't voting himself. It sounds fake.

I don't agree. With you being the only one with a vote on I think that you are waiting for someone else to vote to jump on their wagon so you can give the rest of the players an alternative for your vote.

You said this:

But you are never voting so, either you don't want to move the game forward or you are afraid of putting a vote in a player who isn't going to get votes and then having trouble changing it. It looks like cautious scum to me.

I'm accusing you of saying that votes are needed to move the game forward but you are not voting yourself and keeping your options open. And you have done exactly that.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I had a pretty solid town read on him before that.

Ok malus. I'm town and I am governor. What do you expect me to do after seeing DCpats flip?

Fran is flipping out that my role cannot exist in this game of Mafia. And yes I agree it is super weird that I have this role which is why I claimed.

Should I just sit on that valuable info?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Fran that voting stuff is so weak and in almost direct response to me asking NF not to vote until everyone checks in.

it is practically no justification at all.

You don't believe what I said about DCPat or what NF wrote in the post where he voted. It was just that one response?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
That's what's making me lean town on Faddy. I was the only one that was even entertaining the thought that he was scum. My argument was the same and town was incredibly unlikely to go along with the Faddy lynch. Yet he claimed despite being under zero pressure. Suddenly a few people heavily jump on it. Fran has been the most vocal so far.

Zeke has been heavily focused on me since day 1. Nothing I say can convince him otherwise. Also no one has ever given me town points for saving DC. Swamped went on the pre-offensive that actually trying to save a townie was a scum move. Lynching a townie is a scum move. Saving a townie is a scum move. Being indecisive is a scum move. Being inflexible is a scum move. At least admit that you're trying to make your narrative fit your bias.

You don't get town points for not wanting to lynch DCPat for the sole reason of incorrectly scum reading me.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
My current thinking is that exodus is town.

I think he had a genuine scum read on me yesterday and it was the main reason he didn't want DCPat lynched. That all feels completely genuine to me. coming out today and doubling down on it was fine too. He was wrong but at least there was logic to his thinking.

I would much rather lynch Fran, meatwad, malus and maybe even Zeke.
So meatwad is no longer the cop?

Ok malus. I'm town and I am governor. What do you expect me to do after seeing DCpats flip?

Fran is flipping out that my role cannot exist in this game of Mafia. And yes I agree it is super weird that I have this role which is why I claimed.

Should I just sit on that valuable info?
I don't have a problem with you claiming as such, but your claimed role doesn't sound real to me, which is why I scum read you.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
You don't get town points for not wanting to lynch DCPat for the sole reason of incorrectly scum reading me.

You're not the reason I didn't want to lynch DC.

At this point I think there's enough reason to lynch you. Worst case scenario is you save yourself and we end in a no lynch and you end up being semi confirmed as town.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Worst case scenario is we hit a no lynch, then we vote him again because people still don't buy it, then he flips town and we've wasted two lynches, and then scum thunderdomes two townies

If his power results in a no lynch I'm going to trust that he's town since people have assured me that scum wouldn't have a no lynch power due to balance. Since the main proponent's to Faddy's lynch have said as much I'm going to assume they feel the same way.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
You're not the reason I didn't want to lynch DC.

At this point I think there's enough reason to lynch you. Worst case scenario is you save yourself and we end in a no lynch and you end up being semi confirmed as town.

What was the reason you didn't want to lynch DCPat. You failed to post one yesterday. Maybe you can make one up now.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
So meatwad is no longer the cop?

I don't have a problem with you claiming as such, but your claimed role doesn't sound real to me, which is why I scum read you.

Meatwad can be the cop when he turns up with two checks. But the fact he isn't here says he isnt super invested in the game which means he is less likely to be a strong PR.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
What was the reason you didn't want to lynch DCPat. You failed to post one yesterday. Maybe you can make one up now.

I did post one yesterday. My reason was that not a single person even entertained the thought of defending him. With scum down to possibly 2 people, I didn't think scum would just lay down and die so easily. DC also refused to vote against his 2 counter lynch candidates: Salva and myself.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I did post one yesterday. My reason was that not a single person even entertained the thought of defending him. With scum down to possibly 2 people, I didn't think scum would just lay down and die so easily. DC also refused to vote against his 2 counter lynch candidates: Salva and myself.

Yeah that is not a real reason. It was already explained to you scum would not overtly protect their partner for and it was explained that people voting elsewhere is protecting DCPat.

So you admit DCPat had done nothing to be town but you want credit for not lynching him?

TheChuggernaut you bought into this theory too for a bit. Why?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that is not a real reason. It was already explained to you scum would not overtly protect their partner for and it was explained that people voting elsewhere is protecting DCPat.

So you admit DCPat had done nothing to be town but you want credit for not lynching him?

TheChuggernaut you bought into this theory too for a bit. Why?

It wasn't really the defending theory. It was more that DC was acting not how I expected scum to act leading up to that lynch. I got spooked and rightfully so as it turned out.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy, if we're wrong and you no lynch yourself today, you'll be nearly confirmed town. Give us your top reads before the end of the day in case you get NK'ed.

But really, I don't believe people going in on Faddy are scum. If scum were to believe Faddy, they have no reason to try to lynch him since they'll have to use a NK on him anyways.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
With what I just said, I think Swamped and Zeke may be scum if Faddy turns up town. More leaning towards Swamped since Zeke has been laser focused on me since d1 and that doesn't feel overly scummy to me.

Fran is my highest town read since like I said, scum wouldn't go all in on a pointless lynch.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't really the defending theory. It was more that DC was acting not how I expected scum to act leading up to that lynch. I got spooked and rightfully so as it turned out.

Yeah maybe I sort of saw that. But I was pushing him so hard to be lynched and he had no fight at all and then throwing out those weird wifomy things about who not lynch just felt off. He was acting much more like caught scum than town.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I keep answering you yet you keep ignoring the answers. There's just not much point.
This is a lie, you DONT keep answsering. You have hardly answered anything I posted.
Double: EzekelRAGE

Trying to paint me as scum because I'm indecisive? As town, I know shit all and my opinion is prone to change. I thought you were being the same way but your incessant hounding about this is giving me some strong scum vibes.
The above is from DAY 2 when I asked how your read list would change now that faddy didnt take the shot. Instead of answering you voted me.
I'm honestly not going to bother responding to you anymore. If you want to throw shade my way so be it.
This is from today. Me asking you about what specifically changed your mind on wanting the faddy lynch. You chose that response instead of answering.
Zeke has been heavily focused on me since day 1.
Another lie. quote me from day 1 where I was on your case.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
i was going to ask who exodus's partner could be but I guess it would be me (it's not) , flux or meatwad.

Maybe the team is exactly Cabot, exodus, meatwad like me and Apollo called ou on day 1.

I like exodus as cabot's potential scum buddy atm. He has seemed very quick to push himself away from him.

And again here when he gives a very non-comittal "nice posts faddy!"

Something to mull over
See Apollo this is where you are wrong. Cabot's other partner is Meatwad

You can tell by the tone of interaction where Cabot is being reasonable and back and forth with everyone else but calls Meatwad a nerd and is dismissive.

Cabot knows he doesn't need to convince Meatwad of his alignment because they are scum together.
fwiw I still think meatwad's posts are fairly scummy, so it wouldn't surprise me lol

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
This is a lie, you DONT keep answsering. You have hardly answered anything I posted.

The above is from DAY 2 when I asked how your read list would change now that faddy didnt take the shot. Instead of answering you voted me.

This is from today. Me asking you about what specifically changed your mind on wanting the faddy lynch. You chose that response instead of answering.

Another lie. quote me from day 1 where I was on your case.

1. I have explained my thought process every step of the way but you seem to keep ignoring that.

2. I then answered you. I said my reads would change IF HE DID IN FACT TAKE THE SHOT. He didn't. He soft claimed. And this my read on him did not change.

3. Faddy quoted my post where I explained why I flipped on my read. You acknowledged it. I don't need to answer you directly when my answer is already right in front of you.

4. What every. Day 2. I'm just more frustrated with you now than anything. It's tiring having to spell every little thing out for you when you refuse to read my posts.