• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That leaves Verelios. That is why he died on night 1. After losing a partner on day 1 they wanted to eliminate a strong player an verelios is the obvious choice for Fran.
That's what I meant, but I still think it's a weird choice when Verelios wasn't a strong town read by most others, there was seemingly no PR hint there, and when it's not like Fran would be the only scum involved in the choice.

Like, it's possible, but not a compelling argument.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I prefer keeping Simon secret. It gives us some discussion to go on at the start of the next day, and keeps scum guessing at night.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
There Is a blackout here so I won't be around until power is back or I go to work tomorrow. Sorry.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
So from my reading and votes i don't think Salva and malus are partners.

I think it is Fran +1 of them

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we should leave the vote to the last minute in case scum have more vote manipulation powers. We should aim to lynch by an hour before the end of day at the latest.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Power is back \o/

Can't. I can't look past a flipped role. That's crazy.

Look for those that don't believe me here is a compromise. We should lynch Meatwad. If he is scum then I am even more lock clear unless you think after cabot is vigged I immediately call out my partner again.

That makes no sense. How would lynching Meatwad proves your role?

Is this an obvious ploy to look like a Jester? That's the only reason I can see for such hard PR fishing. He has to know that he's a guaranteed lynch after going after Meatwad so far.

No, it isn't because we don't use jesters unless the game is bastard. And even then we don't use them.

I want Fran lynched.

And you wanted DCPat yesterday. And Meatwad a couple of minutes before this post.

Add in Fran wanting to be Simon on day 1, citing all his credentials from MafiEra and then denying it or at least deflecting it.

I didn't denied it or deflected it. I just never got any votes and everyone (me too) believed that you killed Cabot so you got the role. But I never said that I didn't wanted.

The first thing Fran did was call me neutral because he knows i'm not on his team. At least when you were calling me scum it made sense.

I called you a neutral because scum couldn't have that role. That role is either town or neutral, a scum unlynchable is extremely OP. My first thought is that you were neutral but when you said that you have to use your role during twilight made me think that you are lying. Giving 5 minutes to use the power is unlikely. How would that work with a hammer? Do you need to keep following the game 24/7? How would that work with someone like FEP or Stan when the deadline is like 5AM? I don't believe a gamerunner would give a player a role that forces them to do that.

I think there is good potential for Fran to be with cabot. For two people who were posting the most they really don't have much of an examination of each other. There interactions did feel fake. Swamped thought this too.

Again, this was D1, in the first 24hs of the game, in a day with no lynch. Not only there is no examination of each other but there is not examination of anyone.

He made a bad faith argument about DCPat talking about votes. Accusing him of being scum for not voting when there as only 1 person voting at all.

I acussed him of asking for votes but not voting himself.

No I'm saying that Verelios dying points to Fran as mafia.

I already showed you his Simon list, basically who he thinks are strong players. With cabot dead (and scum), I was unkillable. That brings it to Swamped and Verelios.

He is scum reading Swamped and sees her as a potential mislynch so he doesn't kill her.

That leaves Verelios. That is why he died on night 1. After losing a partner on day 1 they wanted to eliminate a strong player an verelios is the obvious choice for Fran

This is beyond stupid. Vere has played with pretty much all of us. I'm not the only one who knows that he is a strong player. The same argument can be used for any of us. Even for you.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
You know what? Everytime Faddy says something I townread him more. And same with exodus surprisingly...

Honestly, Chuggernaut and Zeke are actually huge blind spots for me. I'm going to read them tomorrow. Both just "seem" town, but there isn't any good proof for that yet. Chuggs especially seems to be going with the flow since D2 (a point exo brought up). I really need a reread.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I'll be taking my own advice and not forgetting other lower profile players (to me, that's meatwad, Salva and malus)

Oct 25, 2017
So here's where I'm at right now. My search function is being kind of funky so I'm basing these reads on memory

I think Apollo and Faddy are town. I'm pretty confident about this.

I've come around on Swamped. I like how she handled yesterday and I'm leaning pretty town on her at this moment.

I'm also leaning town on Exodus and Meatwad. I think Exodus has been off base for a lot of this game, but it feels more like wrong town then scum. Meatwad seems like he has a PR

After this I would put Zeke, Flux, and Malus. Zeke seems like Zeke, but he seems kind of different then he usually does and I can't place why. I'm going to keep an eye on him for now. I felt good about NF and that's the same for Flux, but I still have a few doubts here. Malus is and will always be someone who I'm not sure of.

I'm leaning scum on Fran and Salva at this moment. I haven't really changed my opinion about Salva since day 2. I feel better about my read on him at Fran right now, and I want to get some actual posts from Fran, but for he comes in and destroys my argument so I'm okay with going after Salva today.

Vote: Salvapot

Oct 25, 2017
Lol true. Proof is the wrong word...i guess I mean some action that cements you as town in my head.

Going back to Faddy, if it was a scum power, what is the incentive for scum to reveal that? Wouldn't that be a power that's better suited for the element of surprise?

Okay yeah, fair enough.

Yeah, that's where I'm at too. Claiming there would be the weirdest fucking scum move

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Without any proof or rereads, I could totally see a scum Zeke here. He is extremely powerful and slippery as scum. Frighteningly so.

Between Zeke and exo (Zeke's been on his case) I'm surprisingly leaning more town on exo now...

Oct 25, 2017
Without any proof or rereads, I could totally see a scum Zeke here. He is extremely powerful and slippery as scum. Frighteningly so.

Between Zeke and exo (Zeke's been on his case) I'm surprisingly leaning more town on exo now...

And I might have to reread that, but I remember that being weird? Like exo came in kind of agreeing with Zeke and then Zeke scum read him for it

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, off the top of my head I can't remember any other Zeke reads apart from exo. D1 he entertained some scum Faddy reads I suppose, after cabot's flip. I'll read tomorrow.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Going back to Faddy, if it was a scum power, what is the incentive for scum to reveal that? Wouldn't that be a power that's better suited for the element of surprise?
The question isn't if it's a scum power. The question is if it's a power at all. There is no way scum has that power. Which is why, if Faddy is lynched and it is used, it's a confirmation that he's town.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still sitting pretty firmly with a lynch on Faddy. I just don't see letting his claim go on for more days. Scum won't NK him and he'll continue to be a point of discussion until we test his claimed power. Either he ends up scum or we confirm his power, which would likely clear him as scum.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Its also kind of a silly power to give a town member. Its pretty much the same as a escape artist, only that you won't know if you are actually saving a town or a scum player. By that point it would only help if someone decide to claim REALLY late before getting lynched and Faddy decided to believe him instead of watching his flip. And overiding himself, well, again, the same as escape artist and he will probably get killed, just like DCPat.

Its pretty much the same role with extra steps.
Well, there IS a downside if we vote Faddy out. And that is that if it results in a No Lynch, then we don't get a flip, and we didn't lynch a potential scum player.

If we don't vote him out, scum will ignore him almost for sure. And if he is scum, then damn that was a perfect role to claim.

Honestly, it makes far more sense to claim this as scum now, since it would be better for a town player to save it for later. Hell, he is so adamant about his reads that he could have used to, say, save his cop meatwad in the late game. No way a player like Faddy would believe this was a useless role.
I'll call this one bullshit. That would make the role pretty useless for someone in a bad timezone. No way would I stay up until early morning just to be able to use my power.

As was already said, two unlynchables seems excessive. I think DCs role was the counter to the no lynch D1, another one of the sort doesn't sound likely to me.

All in all I have serious doubts about the truthfulness of the role claim.

Couldn't we just vote no-lynch anyway? This isn't much of a counter.
Also what happens in case of a hammer? You have to be available 24/7 ? I don't think so.
Just want to point out this obvious plagiarism.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I quoted the wrong texts, but eh, go back and check yourself, malus just repeated my same arguments! How dare he ignore them and posting them!

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh sweet, no one else is playing. Then they won't me posting the REAL Simon.
latest

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Actually, now I'm considering a Zeke and Salva team

Proof is for lames
how are me and Salva connected?
And I might have to reread that, but I remember that being weird? Like exo came in kind of agreeing with Zeke and then Zeke scum read him for it
Thats not how that played out at all. Here's my thought process on exo and how its connected to Faddy.

Day 1
Faddy v cabot happens, well faddy accuses cabot of being scum
*apollo shoots cabot*
Faddy gets town points and ppl assume it was him that took the shot
I mention that faddy could still be scum, with an unexpected shot happening
Exo pushes the same narrative (which I have no problem with)
EoD 1 Exo makes a post saying that he never really believed faddy was scum, it was just a gambit.(flip flopping, but I understand so w/e)

Day 2
Exo gives a town read on faddy.
IIRC I made a post pointing out something about exo/faddy.
Exo then scumreads faddy. (3rd flop)
I pressure Exo about flip flopping, he votes me.(seems defensive)

Day 3
Exo scumreads faddy again and puts vote on him.
Faddy claims
Exo townreads Faddy again
Exo doesnt like that Faddy is on his case, goes back to scumreading faddy.

I'm inclined to believe Faddy at this point.
I think it's a waste to lynch Faddy now. I'm somewhat inclined to believe him, but if I weren't, I'd lynch him during a Simon roleblock to be sure.

Interesting that Faddy went from a strong town read on me to a scum read now that I've decided we should lynch him. He's trying to save himself since I'm the only other strong lynch candidate right now.

Leaning hard scum on Faddy now since he doesn't even want to entertain ending the day by confirming his ability.

Faddy. You said your power was a post to the thread and not a PM. Go ahead and use it right now to corroborate your claim.
I'm choosing to stick with my original gut feeling and I think there's a good chance he's scum. And on the off chance that he's not, a no-lynch is a small price to pay to confirm him.

I really can't give any input as far as game balance goes because I'm just not that familiar with it still.

One other thing about exo for me is this.
But really, I don't believe people going in on Faddy are scum. If scum were to believe Faddy, they have no reason to try to lynch him since they'll have to use a NK on him anyways.

If we do lynch faddy and he is town. Exo has basically handwaved everyone who would vote for faddy away, like the vote doesnt matter.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Interesting, what makes you say that? I've never been scum on this site.

Last time I was scum was in gods and men iirc on neogaf. That was years ago and wasnt a normal game. I was a god that couldnt be lynched.

Other time I was scum was Overwatch mafia and I was killed N1 iirc.

So are you just referring to the god game?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I strongly believe exo is town. He basically did one whole wifom cycle with Faddy today, which often happens to me as well.

The first reaction is to doubt the claim (scum read). Then you start to think about what if the claim is real (town read) but when you think more about it you go back to your initial reaction of doubting the claim (scum read). Same thing happened in MafiEra when CeeCee shot Stan.

At the moment my scum team would be Faddy, Swamped, TheChuggernaut.

Faddy because of the claim, which I still believe is fake. This can be easily tested without much risk by lynching him today.
No I'm saying that Verelios dying points to Fran as mafia.

I already showed you his Simon list, basically who he thinks are strong players. With cabot dead (and scum), I was unkillable. That brings it to Swamped and Verelios.

He is scum reading Swamped and sees her as a potential mislynch so he doesn't kill her.

That leaves Verelios. That is why he died on night 1. After losing a partner on day 1 they wanted to eliminate a strong player an verelios is the obvious choice for Fran.
Also this is just clutching at straws. Fran isn't the only player that knows Verelios and why would Swamped not be scum in that situation?

Swamped and TheChuggernaut seem to be perfectly okay to go along with Faddys claim. And while Swamped claimed she kind of had a blind spot for TheChuggernaut, their interaction earlier today sounded fake to me with both suddenly agreeing that Zeke is scum.

Oct 25, 2017
I strongly believe exo is town. He basically did one whole wifom cycle with Faddy today, which often happens to me as well.

The first reaction is to doubt the claim (scum read). Then you start to think about what if the claim is real (town read) but when you think more about it you go back to your initial reaction of doubting the claim (scum read). Same thing happened in MafiEra when CeeCee shot Stan.

At the moment my scum team would be Faddy, Swamped, TheChuggernaut.

Faddy because of the claim, which I still believe is fake. This can be easily tested without much risk by lynching him today.

Also this is just clutching at straws. Fran isn't the only player that knows Verelios and why would Swamped not be scum in that situation?

Swamped and TheChuggernaut seem to be perfectly okay to go along with Faddys claim. And while Swamped claimed she kind of had a blind spot for TheChuggernaut, their interaction earlier today sounded fake to me with both suddenly agreeing that Zeke is scum.

I mean, I think I laid out my case for why I believe Faddy.

And I don't know how you feel about wine in front of you, but if we're the scum team then we just had a super messy day for no reason. If my scum buddy Faddy pulled that shit I would of just left him out to dry and joined in on the "Faddy is scum" party

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I believe the scum team thought the claim would find better resonance. If not for the 5 minutes to enter the command part, I probably would have believed the claim and looked somewhere else. But as it stands now it is a fake claim to me and town has even less reason to do that than scum.
The scum team is already down one player, so I don't see why they wouldn't defend one of their own. It would be a bit strange for both scum mates to jump to the defense, so maybe only one of you two is in that boat.

Anyway, I say we test the claim and get this uncertainty out of the way. Otherwise we'll have the same discussion every day since scum certainly won't go for Faddy now.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Actually Fran and @ malus it seems both of you have been big proponents in testing the claim. Or outright scumreading Faddy. It seems the bulk of your posts have to do with it. Why haven't you guys put down votes yet?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Malus if you think exo is townie for thinking my claim is scum what do you think of Fran for thinking my claim was a neutral?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I called you a neutral because scum couldn't have that role. That role is either town or neutral, a scum unlynchable is extremely OP. My first thought is that you were neutral but when you said that you have to use your role during twilight made me think that you are lying. Giving 5 minutes to use the power is unlikely. How would that work with a hammer? Do you need to keep following the game 24/7? How would that work with someone like FEP or Stan when the deadline is like 5AM? I don't believe a gamerunner would give a player a role that forces them to do that.

Did you even go and look at the game where Monkey had the same stipulation on her governor power?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the scum team thought the claim would find better resonance. If not for the 5 minutes to enter the command part, I probably would have believed the claim and looked somewhere else. But as it stands now it is a fake claim to me and town has even less reason to do that than scum.
The scum team is already down one player, so I don't see why they wouldn't defend one of their own. It would be a bit strange for both scum mates to jump to the defense, so maybe only one of you two is in that boat.

Anyway, I say we test the claim and get this uncertainty out of the way. Otherwise we'll have the same discussion every day since scum certainly won't go for Faddy now.

Again malus did you click through to the Invitational to the exact same restriction on a governor role?

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I gotta be honest I'm not 100% sure where I stand regarding Faddy. What's keeping me from going with a Faddy scum read is the fact that his roleclaim is so absurd that I cannot think of a reason scum Faddy under no pressure at all would make that claim. I'm going with a neutral read for Faddy right now.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Did you even go and look at the game where Monkey had the same stipulation on her governor power?

Yes, and I couldn't find monkey's flip anywhere. I didn't read the whole game to look if she gave specifics but she was alive at the end of the game and Ouro didn't posted her flip when game ended.

Besides that, I think that you can talk about other games but you not allowed to post links to them so maybe you should check with Pedro if that's ok so you don't suffer a warning.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Here is my perspective on people believing me.

I think chuggs has the most reason to believe since I gave him the the Simon power. Maybe he has pocketed me...

Swamped seemed genuine and trying to solve the game and evaluate it. I thought she was town for a few reasons but she is the more likely out of these two to be scum.

Apollo is for me and unlikely to be with Cabot unless scum are just shooting each other for lols.

Everyone else has expressed some concern that my power is fake. That from my perspective must include scum. I think they don't believe my role which is why I think it is Fran, malus, Salva. They are going for the town cred because they have assumed I am lying and they will be proven right.

Remember scum doesn't know if I am telling the truth or not, they only know I am not with them, which is why Fran's neutral comment was a scum tell.