• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's a weird thing, to be able to discuss during the night phase.

Well, unless you're going to go on about being a jester who also has a twilight command for some reason, I'll buy your initial claim, once again. No way scum could do this, so Faddy's pretty much town along with Apollo, in my eyes.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I guess so...

was scaring me like that really necessary?
especially after we had a day vig + bomb combo in MafiEra.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any situation in which Appolo is neutral/scum? Is it possible for them to get a day kill? Just want to figure out who is 100% confirmed.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any situation in which Appolo is neutral/scum? Is it possible for them to get a day kill? Just want to figure out who is 100% confirmed.

They can be neutral but the fact is that they claimed right away. That is more townie.

If I didn't post got em when I did it would have been obvious Apollo took the shot.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not scum. Neutral, slightly possible, but one with a single day shot? Don't know about that.

I don't think it's worth considering anything but town right now.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
In my opinion scum is 100% impossible. No scum would shoot their buddy on day 1.
Neutral day serial killer is probably also not the case. A game this small could be heavily influenced by any sk present, so I don't think there is one.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
So, we have 2 unlynchables? In a 14 players game?

Fran is urgently writng a letter to his MafiEra senator

Pretty much. And it doesn't have nice words.

Neutral, possible.
Scum, no way. A secret day shot on a scum partner is a weird gambit.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
K so Faddy and Appolo are 100% confirmed in my eyes.

Question is will mafia try to kill a confirmed townie or go for a PR.

I think we should identify some investigation targets.

Faddy, what are your thoughts?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess mafia knows if they blocked Meatwad 2 nights in a row. From Meatwad's tone with me he was pretty pissed I outed him which probably does mean he has been getting blocked.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry Meatwad but if you got blocked on Night 1 it is your own fault.

I didn't start calling you a PR until day 2.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah with 2 unlynchables a scum team of 4 would make sense.

I guess mafia knows if they blocked Meatwad 2 nights in a row. From Meatwad's tone with me he was pretty pissed I outed him which probably does mean he has been getting blocked.
But why would scum block Meatwad 2 nights in a row? They couldn't have known he was a power role unless they also checked him Night 1 and I think that's unlikely since I don't remember Meatwad being particularly noticeable on Day 1.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn on Swamped and Malus. Feeling scummish on either of them. I feel like we pressured Malus into making a vote he didn't want to make. Kind of leaning towards scum Malus.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I'm torn on Swamped and Malus. Feeling scummish on either of them. I feel like we pressured Malus into making a vote he didn't want to make. Kind of leaning towards scum Malus.
Why would I not want to vote when I already made my intentions clear? What benefit would I have?

I've never hammered before and I'm still not a fan because it kind of excludes the people that appear at day end from participating.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah with 2 unlynchables a scum team of 4 would make sense.

But why would scum block Meatwad 2 nights in a row? They couldn't have known he was a power role unless they also checked him Night 1 and I think that's unlikely since I don't remember Meatwad being particularly noticeable on Day 1.

If the scum team has a roleblocker he is the only person who was close to softing a PR on day 1.

I am currently at school so I don't really have time to get into a discussion right now but I just have to take a brief moment and say it's amazing how you can be so right and then turn around and be so wrong

So wrong. Not just wrong but so wrong.

If a mafia roleblock is looking for a soft claim or who they think is PR that is by far the best lead on day 1.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Would it make sense for Fran to go after Faddy like he did if he were scum, knowing that he would definitely need to be town or neutral?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like Faddy is a neutral survivor of some sort and is trying to point scum away from him. I'm ok with that.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Unless he is going after his partner he is always going after a town or neutral.

He thought I was lying about my role.
Sure, but he went in hard. It's not like he was the only one with doubt, hence your lynch, but he was the most outspoken about you outright lying. It's a lot of certainty, and it'd have to look bad if it turned out your role was real (this scenario) or you were lying but still flipped town. I guess it'd look less bad if you flipped neutral.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but he went in hard. It's not like he was the only one with doubt, hence your lynch, but he was the most outspoken about you outright lying. It's a lot of certainty, and it'd have to look bad if it turned out your role was real (this scenario) or you were lying but still flipped town. I guess it'd look less bad if you flipped neutral.

He was the most certain I was outright lying because as scum he has the most knowledge of roles in the game.

2 unlynchables was too unbalanced for his scum team. Which is why if it is Fran it is definitely a team of 3 and a neutral

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
So with two unlynchables, would that mean exodus was right about scum having more vote manipulation?

There have been no extra kills.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Glad we're past that. Now that Faddy is confirmed, Town can focus on getting this game back in track
79Lshp2.gif

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
They've got something. I'm still worried about a neutral arsonist.

What...what if passing on the Simon role is the dousing mechanism D:

Btw, I'm gonna thunderdome two quiet players, maybe Malus and Salvapot. I feel like we focus a lot on the loud players anyway, so this might be a change for our brains and hey, we might hit scum. Thoughts?

Other remaining powers are no turbo (good one, but a bit boring), everyone RB'ed (I feel like this is more useful endgame when we want to stop a mafia kill), and steal a players vote and become a double voter (this is really interesting, and while I like my reads I'm not 100% confident in them so I'm leaning against this one)

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I think scum just got the worst possible outcome where the day vig hits scum and we lynch both unlynchables. It would have been just as likely that scum hits one or both unlynchable before they can use their power or the day vig hits a town member. Day vig hitting town would actually have been more likely.
So I'm not sure if scum really needs a counter.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
As I've been saying, it's certainly possible for a scum member to also have a lynchproof role. That could be the counter to the two town lynchproofs (lynchprooves?)

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well we had the no-lynch day 1, so scum basically started with one kill ahead.
I think scum just got the worst possible outcome where the day vig hits scum and we lynch both unlynchables. It would have been just as likely that scum hits one or both unlynchable before they can use their power or the day vig hits a town member. Day vig hitting town would actually have been more likely.
So I'm not sure if scum really needs a counter.
I agree with both of these. With scum starting 1 kill ahead, that might be what it comes down to. That, and either 4 scum or 3 scum + 1 hostile neutral.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. So Swamped is Simon. Interesting. I think Malus should be in the thunder dome. Not sure who else yet. I would have picked Malus/Swamped but since that's not an option....Malus/Salva or Malus/Fran are the most interesting so far.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I need to go back and read Fran's posts. I had him as hard town, but I do question the fact that he was going after Faddy while he thought he was a neutral.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
What...what if passing on the Simon role is the dousing mechanism D:

Btw, I'm gonna thunderdome two quiet players, maybe Malus and Salvapot. I feel like we focus a lot on the loud players anyway, so this might be a change for our brains and hey, we might hit scum. Thoughts?

Other remaining powers are no turbo (good one, but a bit boring), everyone RB'ed (I feel like this is more useful endgame when we want to stop a mafia kill), and steal a players vote and become a double voter (this is really interesting, and while I like my reads I'm not 100% confident in them so I'm leaning against this one)

We came to the conclusion the roleblock did not stop the mafia kill

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, Faddy. Was in class and didn't see your vote for Fran post till now. I would of done it, but there was no talking town out of that vote for you anyway.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
We did? When and why? I must have missed this.

Read the Simon role. It says the power is only for the Day.

It was meant to block myself, Apollo, cabot and maybe DCPat. Or other day powers.

I got confirmation my power, despite happening after the end of day, was considered a day action.