• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I'm advocating using thunderdome, but I think this is the least risky time to use it since we can all have input on the best candidates and avoid scum misusing the power.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entertaining the thought that I'm scum for how I played this last day phase. If you want to scum read me for it, then go for it, but I'm not addressing it anymore because I can't actually defend myself for it. I thought Faddy was town. I was right. The claim dominated the conversation and any attempts I made to look elsewhere were ignored. I told you over and over again that this was a waste of time and you ignored me and now I'm going to get hit with a bunch of accusations that I was trying to earn town points.

Oct 25, 2017
And sorry if that comes across as rude, but I've been scum read more then a few times because I was vocal about not wanting to follow town off a cliff.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Homework: I'd like to see everyone's top two thunderdome candidates. Feel free to include me but include a second option too if you do (because I'm not putting myself in the cage fight lol)

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a weird thought. Is there any chance Mafia could overwrite someone's death PR to look like a townie? Is that something that's ever been done? Or would that be considered bastard?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but then everyone's just going to vote Fran.
JQB7k.gif

Or lead to a narrative of certain people trying to scum read Apollo. But nah, it's not what I'd actually go with, but I wanted to throw the idea out there.

Want to actually go back some and see now, with the previous end of day. I still feel a bit out of place having subbed in, instead of being in the thick of it since the start.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, when I made Harry Potter I gave this role to scum.

I think you missed my confirmed town gif.

Homework: I'd like to see everyone's top two thunderdome candidates. Feel free to include me but include a second option too if you do (because I'm not putting myself in the cage fight lol)

I would dome Fran and Salva but that is going all out into one world

Maybe one of them and Zeke or Malus.

Maybe Salva and Malus is the best bet to definitely have scum in the dome. They aren't together and to me it is very unlikely they are both town.

Oct 27, 2017
//[OT]

HelplessAdorableDikdik-max-1mb.gif

HARRY POTTER!!

nin SalvaPot thank you for running this back in the days <3 it's still one of my favourite memories because of all the craziness!

Town Tank for Blargonaut - a trillion roleblockers there, a few switchers here.
Holy shit. Coded messages and a secret win condition for town.
And suddenly Hyper was gone.
N?t t? f?rg?t th?s

Shout-out to everyone, love you all the same:
01 [m] Retroid - New
02 [m] MagnumBoy20xx - New
03 [m] Kawl_USC - New
04 [m] Rynam - New
05 [m] TheExodu5 - New -
06 [f] Swamped
07 [m] Arkos
08 [f] bananaspaceprincess
09 [m] TheWorthyEdge
10 [m] Gorlak
11 [m] Hyperactivity
12 [m] Flame_AC
13 [-] Enker
14 [m] TheAwesomePossum
15 [m] Burbeting
16 [m] Matt Attack
17 [m] Rats Off To Ya
18 [m] Crab
19 [m] kingkitty
20 [m] Blargonaut
21 [m] Kalor
22 [m] TheGoddamn
23 [m] Lord of Castamere
24 [m] Christina Mackenzie
25 [m] Lone_Prodigy
26 [m] roytheone
27 [m] Zippedpinhead
28 [f] Sawneeks

//[Carry on]

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What...what if passing on the Simon role is the dousing mechanism D:

Btw, I'm gonna thunderdome two quiet players, maybe Malus and Salvapot. I feel like we focus a lot on the loud players anyway, so this might be a change for our brains and hey, we might hit scum. Thoughts?

Other remaining powers are no turbo (good one, but a bit boring), everyone RB'ed (I feel like this is more useful endgame when we want to stop a mafia kill), and steal a players vote and become a double voter (this is really interesting, and while I like my reads I'm not 100% confident in them so I'm leaning against this one)
Wait, I thought you loved me D8

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think you missed my confirmed town gif.

I would dome Fran and Salva but that is going all out into one world

Maybe one of them and Zeke or Malus.

Maybe Salva and Malus is the best bet to definitely have scum in the dome. They aren't together and to me it is very unlikely they are both town.
I was reading the whole thread, as you can see I react to posts as I see them.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
//[OT]

HelplessAdorableDikdik-max-1mb.gif

HARRY POTTER!!

nin SalvaPot thank you for running this back in the days <3 it's still one of my favourite memories because of all the craziness!

Town Tank for Blargonaut - a trillion roleblockers there, a few switchers here.
Holy shit. Coded messages and a secret win condition for town.
And suddenly Hyper was gone.
N?t t? f?rg?t th?s

Shout-out to everyone, love you all the same:
01 [m] Retroid - New
02 [m] MagnumBoy20xx - New
03 [m] Kawl_USC - New
04 [m] Rynam - New
05 [m] TheExodu5 - New -
06 [f] Swamped
07 [m] Arkos
08 [f] bananaspaceprincess
09 [m] TheWorthyEdge
10 [m] Gorlak
11 [m] Hyperactivity
12 [m] Flame_AC
13 [-] Enker
14 [m] TheAwesomePossum
15 [m] Burbeting
16 [m] Matt Attack
17 [m] Rats Off To Ya
18 [m] Crab
19 [m] kingkitty
20 [m] Blargonaut
21 [m] Kalor
22 [m] TheGoddamn
23 [m] Lord of Castamere
24 [m] Christina Mackenzie
25 [m] Lone_Prodigy
26 [m] roytheone
27 [m] Zippedpinhead
28 [f] Sawneeks

//[Carry on]
It was a beautiful mess, wasn't it?

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like the talk of me getting thunderdomed to be honest, I love the attention and I agree pairing me up with Malus or fran.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I would like to see any combo of malus, Fran, and exodus in the td.

Exodus for reasons I outlined earlier.

Mal/Fran for sort of the same reasons. The way they pushed faddy about the claim. Also seemed like they waited to see a bandwagon form b4 voting.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I saw Zeke refer to Gods and Men, I think, in this thread and how he was an unlynchable as scum. I can picture an ability like that depending on the game, but I really don't see this game as one of 'em.
To clarify that, town had an unlynchable god as well. We could only be removed from the game thru a 3 word magic spell.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
1) Malus and Chugg
2) Malus and Fran
3) Malus and Salva

As long as Malus is in there I'm good.

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, I didn't say that. I feel I've been scum hunting and kept an open mind, but that hasn't borne any fruit yet.

The fact remains that I'm not confirmed town and I haven't been a major factor in a scum flip so far.

I was kind of hoping that we would get more of normal day to get stuff like this, but then we got hung up in the conversation around the claim and yeah. Here we are still.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what happens if swamped pick two players for the thunderdome, but one of them is killed.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see scum doing that. It would just confirm both as town.
Yeah, but let's say scum is lucky and kills one of the people in contention, it could mean that we're forced to lynch the remaining player. So if scum knew exactly the two people Swamped was going to pick, they could go for something like this.

Which is probably why Swamped should just take what we're giving her as suggestions, but not as what she'll actually go for.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Why does everyone want me in a thunderdome? I thought I had a pretty solid last phase, but I guess that's what you get when you try to be more active...

My thunderdome would be Swamped and TheChuggernaut or alternatively Fran and TheChuggernaut.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why does everyone want me in a thunderdome? I thought I had a pretty solid last phase, but I guess that's what you get when you try to be more active...

My thunderdome would be Swamped and TheChuggernaut or alternatively Fran and TheChuggernaut.
Malus/Malus for thunderdome!

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I thought you loved me D8

I always love scum! <3

I'll be back later with more input.

Think we're still waiting to hear from meatwad, and I think that's it. I'll compile the responses so there's a clear record of what people want (essentially, this is a scum reads list. Will be good to have this clear info for when the next scum flips).

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entertaining the thought that I'm scum for how I played this last day phase. If you want to scum read me for it, then go for it, but I'm not addressing it anymore because I can't actually defend myself for it. I thought Faddy was town. I was right. The claim dominated the conversation and any attempts I made to look elsewhere were ignored. I told you over and over again that this was a waste of time and you ignored me and now I'm going to get hit with a bunch of accusations that I was trying to earn town points.

Maybe I missed it, can you point me to these accusations? I'm interested in seeing more. Right now this statement seems kinda pre-emptive? Because before this post, I only saw Exo scum read you (by asking to put you in the thunderdome). Also, I want to see if any of these accusations are scum fake-concern.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe I missed it, can you point me to these accusations? I'm interested in seeing more. Right now this statement seems kinda pre-emptive? Because before this post, I only saw Exo scum read you (by asking to put you in the thunderdome). Also, I want to see if any of these accusations are scum fake-concern.
I believe malus has been heavily saying you and chuggs were scum due to the faddy claim and your reactions around it.

Oct 25, 2017

It was him and Malus. Let me go find the ones from Malus. And yeah it kind of was a little pre-emptive if I'm being honest. I just got frustrated with it

Oct 25, 2017
I strongly believe exo is town. He basically did one whole wifom cycle with Faddy today, which often happens to me as well.

The first reaction is to doubt the claim (scum read). Then you start to think about what if the claim is real (town read) but when you think more about it you go back to your initial reaction of doubting the claim (scum read). Same thing happened in MafiEra when CeeCee shot Stan.

At the moment my scum team would be Faddy, Swamped, TheChuggernaut.

Faddy because of the claim, which I still believe is fake. This can be easily tested without much risk by lynching him today.

Also this is just clutching at straws. Fran isn't the only player that knows Verelios and why would Swamped not be scum in that situation?

Swamped and TheChuggernaut seem to be perfectly okay to go along with Faddys claim. And while Swamped claimed she kind of had a blind spot for TheChuggernaut, their interaction earlier today sounded fake to me with both suddenly agreeing that Zeke is scum.

I'm actually not quite sure. If Faddys claim is true, scum wouldn't have an incentive to lynch him, so I would still be suspicious of them. Another point is if Faddy is indeed town, scum has no reason to doubt the claim. So anyway you put it, Swamped and TheChuggernaut don't come out looking good.

Basically me and Swamped are scum for defending scum Faddy, but if it's town Faddy then we're also scum. Like there's nothing I can actually do to not get scum read here except just go along with the idea that town has that I don't think is good plan.

There's also this idea that scum would know for sure that Faddy was telling the truth which isn't true. Both him and Exodus have this same line of thinking.