• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think malus is a good vote mainly because everyone seemed okay with him being in the thunderdome. Seemed like a good scapegoat for scum.

I think I'm on either Swamped or Chugg.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's hedging best in order to justify wanting to absolutely vote for him. One part of it is not dimissing the existence of the role itself, but that it couldn't be town aligned due to DCPat. However, it couldn't be scum because a role like that would be too powerful for them to have. So then, without committing to either side, Fran proposes that Faddy could be a neutral player and justifies going after him for that.

I talked about this for a long while, people should start reading my posts. At first I didn't believe that Faddy was lying, because what would be the point of lying about that role so I thought that he must have it. But the problem is that there is no way that a game is balanced with 2 town unlynchables in a 14 players game. An unlynchable is really OP as it rewards town for fucking things up. A game with not one but 2 is crazy. And I'm not the only one that thought that, just look at what Swamped posted. Just look at what Faddy posted. Even him said that it made no sense, and he had the role.

No matter what Faddy had flipped as, or if his role existed or not, Fran would have been able to support what he previously said. And if Faddy's role did turn out to be truthful, he'd still justify going after him by saying that he was neutral (or possibly changing his argument to him being scum).

Again, because there is no way that a game is balanced when town can fuck up not once but twice and instead of being punished with a lynch is rewarded with a confirmed townie. Does that makes sense?

We then see Faddy's flip when D3 ends in a no-lynch, and Fran makes only a single post (#1,261) in a fairly important night phase where he gives no insight at all into what he thinks of Faddy anymore. Just tries to grasp onto a talking point exodus introduces by saying that it's possible Apollo is neutral.

That's not true. I made a point when I said that I was very dissapointed about the design of this game. I was just pissed. It's not fun to win a game when you are rewarded for screwing up.

Faddy then dies. Obviously, because Fran wouldn't have been able to build a case for his lynch any longer, among other reasons, and Faddy would have continued going after Fran during this day phase.

If it was so obvious that I would kill Faddy, why would I do it? Why would I incriminate myself like that?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Also I started doubting Faddy when he said that he had a 5 minutes window to use that role. I couldn't believe that someone could approved that. What did they expected of people that live in a different timezone like FEP or Stan to do with that role? Wake up at 4AM to use it? And in case of a hammer? The player has to be reading the game 24/7?

I never expected that a condition like that would be approved. That's why I asked him if the governor command could be used during the day and just end it with a no lynch, like an override. I was wrong.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Fran (3 votes)
FluxWaveZ - #1,410
EzekelRAGE - #1,478
TheChuggernaut - #1,482

Swamped (2 votes)
exodus - #1,412
SalvaPot - #1,418

TheChuggernaut (2 votes)
Fran - #1,427
malus - #1,438

malus (1 votes)
SalvaPot - #1,383 #1,418
Swamped - #1,511

SalvaPot (0 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #1,391 #1,482

Not voting: Meatwad, Apollo

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 63 Fran: 28 EzekelRAGE: 25 FluxWaveZ: 22 SalvaPot: 11 Swamped: 8 exodus: 7 malus: 7 Meatwad: 6 Apollo: 4

Current Countdown:
2a9g6n2to9

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So you don't trust that the game is properly balanced Fran? Why would a townie be frustrated over the game being overly balanced towards town? I didn't see the Faddy lynch as town "fucking up" I saw it as a calculated risk based on Faddy's claims and in the end we were rewarded for that. Nobody in Town should be frustrated at that outcome.

Of course scum on the other hand well they would have every reason to be annoyed about what happened with Faddy.

Fran your frustration sounds like scum frustration

VOTE: Fran

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not quite sure why Fran is being punished for scum hunting. If you're going to look into Fran it should be for another reason but thinking Faddy was scum.

I thought Faddy was scum as well.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: TheChuggernaut

I still have my doubts about Swamped, but I'm with Fran on this one. Chugg's been on my list for a while.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Chugg was on a few people's lists for the thunderdome, and Swamped didn't really acknowledge it when she acknowledged others. She may have avoided a thunderdome since we were getting close to scum.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Vote: TheChuggernaut

I still have my doubts about Swamped, but I'm with Fran on this one. Chugg's been on my list for a while.

Nah sorry Exodus, I feel pretty confident about Chuggs being town since he seems to be genuinely trying to solve the game.
Fran had every reason to be suspicious about Faddy, Faddy didn't make it easy to trust him tbh. But I feel Fran oversold it and now being frustrated with how things worked out? Things worked out pretty well for town So he should be happy about that imo.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Again, because there is no way that a game is balanced when town can fuck up not once but twice and instead of being punished with a lynch is rewarded with a confirmed townie. Does that makes sense?
And how exactly do you know this? You're so concerned about the game balance, but I'm over here just shrugging because it's not like I actually know all the roles in play. Do you? We're a 14-player game. And the one flip we had concerned scum that had vote manipulation abilities. I don't know what the rest could have. Maybe they all have good power roles? Maybe their numbers make up for our protection? Maybe it's a trade-off for the risk of scum getting Simon (which might have already happened).

For someone who should be navigating blindly, you're really adamant about this game being unbalanced with supposedly little information. I find that interesting. The reason Faddy even outed himself in the first place was so we could discuss why his role existed alongside DCPat, and thus figure out the game. That didn't come to pass, but he was also interested in determining why there'd be two protection roles. You seem more concerned about dismissing this and going straight for yelling about it being unbalanced.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Why would a townie be frustrated over the game being overly balanced towards town?

Because I want to win the game on my own and not because the gamerunner correct all our mistakes and hand us a win on a silver plater?

I didn't see the Faddy lynch as town "fucking up" I saw it as a calculated risk based on Faddy's claims and in the end we were rewarded for that. Nobody in Town should be frustrated at that outcome.

Faddy fucked up. He should have know that the outcome of claiming would be his lynch and should have kept quiet about the role. But instead of being punished for fucking up he was rewarded with a confirmed town status. Don't you see the problem with that? That's not how town should win a game.

Things worked out pretty well for town So he should be happy about that imo.

Happy because the game is setup in a way where town can fuck up twice and be rewarded for it? Sorry, but I don't like winning like that.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
And how exactly do you know this? You're so concerned about the game balance, but I'm over here just shrugging because it's not like I actually know all the roles in play. Do you? We're a 14-player game. And the one flip we had concerned scum that had vote manipulation abilities. I don't know what the rest could have. Maybe they all have good power roles? Maybe their numbers make up for our protection? Maybe it's a trade-off for the risk of scum getting Simon (which might have already happened).

Because we are at D4 and scum don't seem to have an extra kill to balance 2 unlynchables townie. But that never happened so far. And Cabot's role was extremely mild, besides the double votes day it was mostly useless.

For someone who should be navigating blindly, you're really adamant about this game being unbalanced with supposedly little information. I find that interesting. The reason Faddy even outed himself in the first place was so we could discuss why his role existed alongside DCPat, and thus figure out the game. That didn't come to pass, but he was also interested in determining why there'd be two protection roles. You seem more concerned about dismissing this and going straight for yelling about it being unbalanced.

I asked Faddy why did he thought that town would have 2 unlynchables townies and his answer was "Pedro did it". He didn't tried to figure out the game or why town had 2 protection roles. Because there is no way that a 14 players game is balance with 2 unlynchables townies.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Because we are at D4 and scum don't seem to have an extra kill to balance 2 unlynchables townie. But that never happened so far. And Cabot's role was extremely mild, besides the double votes day it was mostly useless.
We also haven't lynched scum yet.
I asked Faddy why did he thought that town would have 2 unlynchables townies and his answer was "Pedro did it". He didn't tried to figure out the game or why town had 2 protection roles. Because there is no way that a 14 players game is balance with 2 unlynchables townies.
He couldn't, because everyone got on his case about his (poor) role claim instead, and got engaged with determining whether it even existed or not. That's what people wanted to know about and asked him questions about, not assuming it was true (except for Chuggernaut) and then going to the next step about what it meant for the game.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Because I want to win the game on my own and not because the gamerunner correct all our mistakes and hand us a win on a silver plater?

Well I for one have full faith the game is set up to be fair and to not hand anybody a win on a silver platter, but then again I don't have access to the scum team chat so I don't know what they're working with

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe there are 2 unlynchables for us to counter the Cabot power, the TD, and other possible vote manipulation scum may have?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, plus the fact that D1 didn't have any lynch, and thus gave scum a free kill. All you're doing is dismissing every point against your narrative, Fran.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How does that give scum a free kill?
It's not "free" kill in that sense; more like a "free pass" during a day phase. There was no risk for them to be lynched during that day phase. Hell, their votes meant less, too, because it wasn't in support of anyone getting lynched, either.

Still love thinking about that shot by Apollo.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Looking at Cabot's pm, it doesn't say there was a limit/shot to his power.

So if he could use it everyday, I can see why there would be two unlynchables.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
We also haven't lynched scum yet.

He couldn't, because everyone got on his case about his (poor) role claim instead, and got engaged with determining whether it even existed or not. That's what people wanted to know about and asked him questions about, not assuming it was true (except for Chuggernaut) and then going to the next step about what it meant for the game.

Did you forget all the times that we tried to talk about Faddy's role and he said that solving him wasn't solving the game. It was 4 or 5 times.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Did you forget all the times that we tried to talk about Faddy's role and he said that solving him wasn't solving the game. It was 4 or 5 times.
I can't tell if you're being intentionally disingenuous. He was saying that "solving him" in reagrds to trying to determine whether his role was real or not wasn't solving the game. He was operating from the perspective that his role was real, and that everyone should assume that the role was real. So then people should focus on "solving the game" based on his role. It's very different.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Exactly, scum began the game with an advantage over town since they got the first opportunity to kill
It's not "free" kill in that sense; more like a "free pass" during a day phase. There was no risk for them to be lynched during that day phase. Hell, their votes meant less, too, because it wasn't in support of anyone getting lynched, either.

Still love thinking about that shot by Apollo.
Wouldn't it be more likely that a mislynch would happen instead of us hitting scum?

Apollo shot - thinking about it meaning what exactly?

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Well I mean, he was right, The time spent arguing over Faddy was time lost looking at actual scum. Of course we didn't know that and Faddy didn't make it easier to shift focus away from him but he was still correct.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wouldn't it be more likely that a mislynch would happen instead of us hitting scum?

Well yeah day 1 scum lynches aren't common so it's not too big a deal we didn't get a lynch on day 1. and Apollo's shot more than made up for that fact. Giving town first kill anyway.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And we haven't lynched town also. At D4. Do you see how stupid that Is?
We've lynched DCPat and Faddy. We couldn't lynch on D1. There are numerous factors being presented for why that is that you're just ignoring. We're in a pretty good spot that we hit two unlynchable townies instead of killing town, but we still haven't gotten scum. We don't know what abilities they might have around a lynch.

Likelihood doesn't matter. Our strongest ability is the vote and ability to kill through them as town. If this was about likelihood for mislynching, why do you think people are so opposed to ending D1 with no lynch votes here? It's for information, and the possibility of hitting scum. We had neither on D1.

And, I mean, it should be obvious. Scum thought they were safe and could do whatever they wanted on D1. Then BANG, cabot gets shot out of nowhere and it's a scum flip. That was awesome. Mansion had a similar shot taken, which I enjoyed looking at.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
We've lynched DCPat and Faddy. We couldn't lynch on D1. There are numerous factors being presented for why that is that you're just ignoring. We're in a pretty good spot that we hit two unlynchable townies instead of killing town, but we still haven't gotten scum. We don't know what abilities they might have around a lynch.

Likelihood doesn't matter. Our strongest ability is the vote and ability to kill through them as town. If this was about likelihood for mislynching, why do you think people are so opposed to ending D1 with no lynch votes here? It's for information, and the possibility of hitting scum. We had neither on D1.

And, I mean, it should be obvious. Scum thought they were safe and could do whatever they wanted on D1. Then BANG, cabot gets shot out of nowhere and it's a scum flip. That was awesome. Mansion had a similar shot taken, which I enjoyed looking at.

Ahh, I see what you mean about lynching and flips/info for day 1.

Apollo - oh you liked the shot. I couldn't tell from the post above.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Not really liking how Apollo is just coasting on his claim. Also interesting that scum killed Faddy, a confirmed town, but they're happy leaving Apollo alone. Could just be because he's not contributing much, but I still think it's worth considering.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not really liking how Apollo is just coasting on his claim. Also interesting that scum killed Faddy, a confirmed town, but they're happy leaving Apollo alone. Could just be because he's not contributing much, but I still think it's worth considering.

I'm rereading the thread right now. I'm aware that I've been a non factor this phase, and I'm very sorry about that.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Her.

And it could be reasoned that it is because she hasn't been contributing much, despite her semi-confirmed status. Doubting that she's town is fruitless. But if not much is coming from it and she lacks contributions and might be heading in the wrong direction, killing her wouldn't be a priority, either. For those who played, it'd be like Fantomas in MafiEra at the endgame. Scum pocketed him and it lead to town's downfall.

I could see her still being killed tonight to remove the loose strands we have left, but it's not necessarily the case.

Oct 25, 2017

Eh, Faddy and DC made sense for both those nights. Apollo is probably high up on the list, but I'm not really surprised she's still alive

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Alright I'm back, but I see not much has happened. Those that have put a vote on their preferred scum read should give an opinion on who they think the partner(s) of their vote would be.

Since I don't think Swamped and TheChuggernaut are on the same team my next scum read would be FluxWaveZ.

Apollo is confirmed town.
How TheChuggernaut was so quick to follow Faddy on a Meatwad lynch makes me think that Meatwad is town.
I already explained why I town read exodus, and his inputs today have also been quite good.
SalvaPot and EzekelRAGE are kind of in the middle, where they could fall on both sides, but currently I tend to lean town on them.

Since pretty much all my scum reads try to lynch Fran, I feel pretty good about him.

Not too surprising given there were some higher profile confirmed towns in those nights where she was confirmed as well. And if she doesn't offer some very good reads now, I could see scum going for someone else tonight as well.

Oh ok. malus was in that game?

I will let him comment on that comment.
Yes I was in that game and Faddy baited the hammer to blow up a town member.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, man I really don't want to pull this, but I'm getting very concerned that we're just sleep walking here.

It's just too quiet and I'm wondering if that's because scum is cool with the result. Salva and Swamped are both voting off wagon and the closest we have to a confirmed town doesn't have a vote down. Maybe scum doesn't have enough members and they were counting on pushing me for the lynch here, but I don't know. This feels off.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not on board with Fran lynch after going through his posts. I think he's gone in too hard for scum.

Salva lynch is the best choice for us today IMO. After that, I get the feeling that there's maaaybe one scum between Zeke and Flux, but I can't really back that up yet. Both of them have felt too agreeable to me this game. Might not hold water but I would like to look into that direction further with more time. Malus is also a strong candidate for me still tbh.

VOTE: SalvaPot

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Fran (4 votes)
FluxWaveZ - #1,410
EzekelRAGE - #1,478
TheChuggernaut - #1,482
Meatwad - #1,555

TheChuggernaut (3 votes)
Fran - #1,427
malus - #1,438
exodus - #1,557

Swamped (1 votes)
exodus - #1,412 #1,557
SalvaPot - #1,418

SalvaPot (1 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #1,391 #1,482
Apollo - #1,589

malus (1 votes)
SalvaPot - #1,383 #1,418
Swamped - #1,511

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 65 Fran: 32 EzekelRAGE: 31 FluxWaveZ: 30 Meatwad: 12 SalvaPot: 11 exodus: 11 Swamped: 8 malus: 8 Apollo: 7

Current Countdown:
2a9g6n2to9

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Oct 25, 2017
Not on board with Fran lynch after going through his posts. I think he's gone in too hard for scum.

Salva lynch is the best choice for us today IMO. After that, I get the feeling that there's maaaybe one scum between Zeke and Flux, but I can't really back that up yet. Both of them have felt too agreeable to me this game. Might not hold water but I would like to look into that direction further with more time. Malus is also a strong candidate for me still tbh.

Yeah, this shit is going to get me killed, but I think you're right. I don't know. After thinking back on it, something about my argument with Fran just didn't made him not feel like scum to me. He seemed genuine in his frustration I guess.

Vote: SalvaPot

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

You're the only vote on SalvaPot. Do you believe that both Fran and Chuggernaut are town?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Alright I'm back, but I see not much has happened. Those that have put a vote on their preferred scum read should give an opinion on who they think the partner(s) of their vote would be.

Since I don't think Swamped and TheChuggernaut are on the same team my next scum read would be FluxWaveZ.

Hmmm I'm curious about that. Why wouldn't you put Swamped and Chugg on the same team? They've hardly even acknowledged each other as far as I can tell.

Flux is a tough one. He just seems really town. Then again, he might just be mostly agreeing with town sentiment.

Unfortunately I'm fairly short on time for the rest of the day so I'm mainly going to be listening to people's input here when I get a chance. No time to go back and re-read.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Swamped

Honestly, Chugg's posts are feeling kind of townish to me right now. Going back to my original.

Part of the problem is that with no scum lynches to go on this still feels very d2. Not much to go on besides today's voting patterns.