• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Look at these posts and tell me fran and swamped are scum buddies. Arguing with and suspecting each other consistently and frequently over the course of the first two days. Still need to reread further days, but this does seems like it's going too hard for a bus.

Cabot and Fran butted heads earlier today too. Is Fran town? Should probably re-read.

Fran pushed me to explain 3 of my reads (exodus, Apollo and NF). But didn't push me on my cabot scum read. Why is that Fran?
I don't understand this post, can someone explain to me? I don't understand cabot's reason for not wanting to vote for Fran. Is it something to do with MafiEra? I didn't quite follow that game.

But if so, it's weird that he is so adamant about not voting Fran for a meta reason.

His back-and-forth with Fran is mostly discussing his play style in previous games. Fran defends his play from previous games, but doesn't really push cabot much otherwise in THIS game. Feeling unsure about Fran.

Thinking about Apollo. He was considering voting for her. Hmm this post kinda makes me lean more scum on Apollo.

This is in response to SalvaPot. Not sure what to make of it. Now that cabot has flipped we can attribute this to typical scum busywork. I thought this post was interesting, but I don't think it's alignment indicative.

Faddy why did this post make you scum read cabot (I know there were other posts too, but you called out this one first). I checked the opening again, and he was right.
Mostly because I find other people scummier than they were before, and there can't be more than 3 scum left. Not particularly anything to do with your behavior. So you moved down the list because others moved up. But I probably should give you a re-read.

Can we talk more about Apollo and Fran?
This are the only interactions between Cabot and Swamped:

Which is kinda funny because she is scumreading me, even when I was a town read before Cabot's flip and said that she liked my reads from that, because I didn't pressure too hard on Cabot. I don't see too much pressure from her either. This could be the most vanilla discussion ever.

Also Swamped was a non presence until I called her out for not posting but started playing after Cabot's death. Looks like a scum faking activity after his partner died. It could be RL messing with her before but the timming is too perfect.
I'm not scumreading Swamped for her interactions with Cabot. The kill was 24hs into the game on a day with no lynch so I don't expect anyone to have a hard stance on another player. It's just that she is trying to justify a read on me based on something that she is guilty too. Not only that, everyone but you is guilty of the same.

So to me it seems like she is trying to force a scum read on a player with little arguments and creating fake activity, which is convenient as she was barely a presence before Cabot's flip.
I'm not calling out your interactions with Cabot. I think you are scum because you started truly playing just after Cabot died. Before that you were a non presence in the game but when Faddy started calling Cabot scum you started making reads and pushing people. Also I think your read on me was forced as you had me as town, liked my posts but changed me for scum because of something that everyone else is also guilty of.

Trying to relate me with Exodus doesn't help neither.
Well, I beg to differ, I felt like I was around all day D1. That was actually a high-activity day for me believe it or not! D2 on the other hand...weekends are rough. I think I was playing the same before/after cabot's death, but that is neither here nor there.

I think it was really important that I re-evaluated my stance on you after cabot's death since you were a loud player who was interacting with confirmed scum. It would have been dangerous of me to keep assuming you were town in light of that. In fact, knowing now that Faddy was NOT the vig, I should probably not just assume he's town either.

But there is this interesting post from you that I want to highlight for the other players who are scum reading you right now (so that would be DC, Faddy, and possibly others I'm missing?) :
Basically, you narrowed it down to cabot and Vere. Vere was town. I just feel it would be so risky for scum to want to vote there own for Simon on D1. I think they would want to just keep there heads low and go with the flow.
I didn't narrowed it down to Vere or Cabot. There is an important word there: "meta". This was 12hs into the game with little more than 100 posts. Chugger asked about who could be Simon and, with little content so far, I gave him some meta reads. This is my first game with Meatwad, Apollo and NF and I haven't played with Salva, Exodus or DC since forever.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Meatwad and Fran can't be scum buddies.
Swamped and Fran can't be scum buddies.
Zeke and Swamped can't be scum buddies.
Zeke and Fran can't be scum buddies.

Only possible combinations are Swamped + Meatwad and Zeke + Meatwad. Meatwad is proooobably scum.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Because a role that could tampered a tracker is unlikely. If scum have a counter for my role the most logical role would be a x-shot ninja.
If it is a x shot ninja, why wouldn't they use it last night?

If they have a ninja, they know there is a tracker.

He just happened to luck up on tracking scum this day?

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it is a x shot ninja, why wouldn't they use it last night?

If they have a ninja, they know there is a tracker.

He just happened to luck up on tracking scum this day?

Presumably because they used their shots? Maybe it is luck. I'm still reading through the thread, but those possible pairings are the conclusions I've reached at this stage. And Meatwad is in both of them, regardless of Fran's claim.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apollo swamped and meat can't be scum together they could've voted Fran when I had my vote on him.

Meatwad left to go to class while you had the only vote on Fran. Swamped didn't show up for around 5 minutes after that. Scum wouldn't try turbo in that situation unless they were damn sure they'd both get the votes in and synchronized. Otherwise they'd just out themselves. It's a tight window, but they can be partners.

You and Swamped cannot be partners because you didn't turbo Meatwad. Both of you posted within a minute or so of Fran's vote, so I am more confident about this one.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Meatwad was the vote that put me in the lead. Why didn't he voted for Swamped or Chuggs instead?

This were the votes before Meatwad:

Voting for me was very risky if he was my scum partner. It would have been very difficult to save me if noone changed their votes.

In light of my current feelings on the possible scum teams, this is an interesting observation from Fran.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
EzekelRAGE

Please unvote Fran for the time being. He's only one away from turbo. There's no need to turbo yet. If the team is Swamped+Meatwad, we lose. If the team is you+Meatwad, uhhhhh, please find it in your heart to unvote.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1. I fully believe Fran and EzekelRAGE are town, since they come across as sincere in trying to solve the game. Especially Zeke as he has been quite active and has regularly questioned everybody

Also notable in light of my current scum team theories. Zeke was Meatwad's strongest town read yesterday.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He's actually been pretty consistent in his reads, especially regarding you. It also feels like he's looking for clues about people's alignments, which is a good sign. Still, the points I brought up the previous day phase concern me.

Yep, I apologized for misunderstanding your quote. I still scumread you though <3

Fran. It pains me to say this but Chuggs is also a possibility. If Fran is town, it could be that meatwad was trying to save Chuggs end of D4.

Question is, is a meatwad/malus team a possibility? Both had interactions with cabot on D1. Neither has really spoken with each other throughout the game. There isn't as much evidence for this partnership though.

Thanks for this post! And maybe I have my scum-tinted glasses on, but this reads list feels sooo scummy to me lol. There are only 2 scum left. Why even have neutral reads at all in this list? This feels like you're leaving room to vote for either me or exo if it comes down to it.

I also want to bring something else up about meatwad.

He was adamant about not getting the Simon power D1.

Any townie should want this role, but I can see taking a backseat if you were a PR. This was kind of a breadcrumb. BUT we are D5 now and I'm fairly sure all our PRs are out in the open, or should be by now. This breadcrumb never panned out. I think meatwad didn't want the role because he is scum.

I talked about it on D3. I believed Faddy mainly because of the timing of his roleclaim. It genuinely felt like he was doing it for the good of town, having seen DC's power in action. I just couldn't see it as a scum move. Now this is tangential, but I also think the Faddy lynch would have been an easy mislynch for at least one of the scum to hide behind:

💀 Faddy (6 votes)
exodus - #766
💀 FluxWaveZ - #970
💀 SalvaPot - #1,015
Meatwad - #1,147
Fran - #1,193
malus - #1,219

Flux and Salva were town, pretty sure Exo is too.
Now, would both scum be on this lynch? My inclination is no, but happy to hear reasons why they could be.
Which leaves Zeke, Apollo and Chuggs.
Ohmygod Chuggs are you scum

It's beginning to feel a lot like the scum team is Zeke and Meatwad.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And of course as Zeke reminded me of earlier, he went to bat for Meatwad yesterday over Malus.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 6 VOTES ====
Day Start

Fran (2 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #1,954 #1,977
Meatwad - #1,993
EzekelRAGE - #1,995

Meatwad (1 votes)
Fran - #1,978

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
Apollo - #1,956 #1,959

Not voting: Swamped, Apollo

Post Counts:
Apollo: 38 EzekelRAGE: 29 Fran: 14 Swamped: 8 Meatwad: 6

Current Countdown:
0sv3anvwe7

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 6 ends, Meatwad, the Vanilla Townie, is eliminated and MAFIA WINS!
OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Meatwad has died!

Hello, and welcome to Simon Says!

You are a Vanilla Townie: your only power is to vote.
You are aligned with Town and win when all threats against Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.
If you have any questions, please send a PM to Pedro.
Simon says: "After reading this message, please reply to it to confirm you received it".

Good luck!

---

And with that, the Mafia team has trivially achieved majority!!

Fran has won!

You are a Vengeful: if you are lynched, the player with the most recent, active vote on you will also be removed from the game in the same Day phase.

Your partners are [redacted]. As part of the Mafia, you have access to your factional kill which can be executed every Night by posting the command KILL: <Player Name> on your private thread.
You are aligned with Mafia and win when your faction controls the majority of votes at day start.

The game thread is here. The Mafia thread is here.
Simon says: "After reading this message, please reply to it to confirm you received it".

Good luck!

EzekelRAGE has won!

You are a Goon: your only power is to vote.

Your partners are [redacted]. As part of the Mafia, you have access to your factional kill which can be executed every Night by posting the command KILL: <Player Name> on your private thread.
You are aligned with Mafia and win when your faction controls the majority of votes at day start.

The game thread is here. The Mafia thread is here.

Good luck!

and
cabot has won!

---

Congratulations to the Mafia for winning, and thank you all who played in my game and had fun with it! I have more to say but I'll let this breathe for now <3

Last edited:

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Grats mafia!! I was thoroughly convinced zeke was against Fran. Damn well played. Never even considered lynch bomb. Town, sorry I fucked up. Wish I could have brought it home.

Pedro, thanks for hosting the game!

Oct 25, 2017
Grats mafia!! I was thoroughly convinced zeke was against Fran. Damn well played. Never even considered lynch bomb. Town, sorry I fucked up. Wish I could have brought it home.

Nah, you were all in quite the tough spot there. You did pretty good figuring things out all things considered

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks Pedro for hosting the game

<33

---

Apollo's PM:

You are a 1-shot Day Vigilante: once during the game, during any Day phase, you can kill another player by sending me a PM with the command KILL: <Player Name>. That player will be killed immediately. The Day will not end after your kill.
You are aligned with Town and win when all threats against Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Good luck!

Meatwad and Swamped were both Vanilla Townies.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to the Scum Team! You guys did great!

Zeke, I am apparently the only person who caught your fake breadcrumb, and it made me believe you were the Town Doctor forever you sneaky bastard lol:
That's weak reasoning for you townrrading
dc.

To me, the power for scum is too
strong.

Double lynch doesn't make sense and wasted time. So it seems you want faddy doubly
killed.
Fran, I wanted to lynch you forever, but you somehow convinced Town that you were one of them. Well done!

As for the remaining Town players, you all did your best and I had fun watching you all try to figure things out.

Apollo you were great here on the last day, seriously. You were right about Zeke, which is really impressive! You put in all the work and came away with what was, to you, the best and most logical conclusion and I think you should feel good about that even though you got it wrong. I've been there, it sucks, but really, you did great! <3

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Congrats, Fran, Zeke and cabot!

Fran and Zeke turned things around amazingly well. Really great play from both of you.

Apollo too, holy crap. That shot was a sight to behold, and she was so close to figuring things out. I think if she had one more day phase she'd have all the pieces in place.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats scum! Zeke did a great job, great scum play. Apollo deserves kudos for managing to start zeroing in on Zeke despite scum's plan to funnel discussion to two lynch options that would both result in a victory for them.

If anyone wants spec access let me know.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember a few people asking why the Mafia win condition said "majority" instead of "50%".

Well, first because that's the standard win condition that should be used: https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?posts/48969/

But second because in a state with 2 Town vs. 2 Mafia alive, and one of these 2 Townies is the Day Vig still with their shot, the Vig could kill one of the Mafia members and they could lynch the other one. That's why just "50%" wasn't an automatic victory here.

---

Thanks for running the game Pedro .
Also, thanks for running the game Pedro.

You're all welcome <3

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be kicking myself till the end of time for backing off that Fran lynch. Sorry town, I really screwed us there :/

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Contrats malus . You did a great job.

EzekelRAGE it was great sharing a team with you.

Thanks for running the game Pedro .
Same to you
Congrats to the Scum Team! You guys did great!

Zeke, I am apparently the only person who caught your fake breadcrumb, and it made me believe you were the Town Doctor forever you sneaky bastard lol:
lol yea, that breadcrumb. I was toying with claiming a doc if I needed to at some point. Probably 1 shot or something.
I said so in spec chat, but nice job Zeke. Even if I got that Fran lynch through, I don't think I would of got you
Congrats, Fran, Zeke and cabot!

Fran and Zeke turned things around amazingly well. Really great play from both of you.
Congrats scum! Zeke did a great job, great scum play. Apollo deserves kudos for managing to start zeroing in on Zeke despite scum's plan to funnel discussion to two lynch options that would both result in a victory for them.

If anyone wants spec access let me know.
Thanks, and yea give me spec
I'm going to be kicking myself till the end of time for backing off that Fran lynch. Sorry town, I really screwed us there :/
You should see our reactions in scum chat about the turn around. We were amazed.
====

I thought I may have messed up when I was pushing exo off of the Fran lynch yesterday. Dat double vote was scary.