• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats to the scum team! The one time I didn't suspect Zeke he of course turns out scum.

I think the balance was fine. Considering scum got hit by the worst case with the vig shot and no lynches but still managed to get the victory, maybe even a bit in favor of scum. Though I still think a 5 minute window to use a power is very tight and would definitely favor people from certain time zones, but I guess in the end it really didn't matter since Faddy was turboed when everyone knew he was around.

I'm also going to say that trusting a game is balanced and not believing a claim are not the same thing. At the time I didn't believe Faddys claim because it seemed unbalanced, but with the reveal you just have to adjust your expectation of the rest of the game instead of crying foul.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Fran and Zeke!

I don't know how you don't get lynched Fran. One day I will get you as scum! I was just getting there on Zeke when I was brutally killed.

I thought it was a really neat game Pedro. And any "game balance" issues were clearly not present when the whole game is revealed. Pedro I know it is tough to read criticism but Fran was completely legitimate in how he handled it. It really isn't about the design, it was about discrediting me. And that really did win scum the game imo. You can see Sorian do similar in MafiEra when he is presenting game design arguments to steer the game in his direction.

Congrats to Cabot on having your corpse dragged to a win!

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree it was a legitimate move, and Fran himself said it was about the design. If those comments hadn't happend during the game I'd be willing to discuss balance now as I don't think it was a perfect design by any means, and in hindsight I'd change some elements of it. But as it is I just don't really want to talk about it, so thanks everyone for playing here and see ya around o/

Last edited:

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was a fun games, thanks everyone. I kind of went missing on the day I was lynched (I got caughted up in tons of personal drama that made me forget about the game until it was too late), but I think town played as well as they could.

Rage was the MVP for the game, clearly. Holy crap everyone was so convinced he was townie.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
As far as the delay between approval and running, that does suck. I believe Game of Thrones took just shy of a year from approval to running. House of Horrors will run this season at some point, but was approved early June 2018. I was more thinking along the lines though of if three games have a King and were going to run 9, 10, and 11 months after approval, if you then have to further spread them out it would be that much longer of a wait for the second and third approved ones.

well in this case, the option would be to put these games in a new category or rejig the current categories.

I'm not so wedded to that option, but it is the one that fixes your issue.

looking at the definitions we have, how many games are Normal these days?

As it stands, Unusual does allow Brexit2, Mansion and Simon Says to be in the same group, but one is very different from the other two. I don't think that's quite right.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
well in this case, the option would be to put these games in a new category or rejig the current categories.

I'm not so wedded to that option, but it is the one that fixes your issue.

looking at the definitions we have, how many games are Normal these days?

As it stands, Unusual does allow Brexit2, Mansion and Simon Says to be in the same group, but one is very different from the other two. I don't think that's quite right.
Oh, I was more just talking specifically about the scheduling piece. We probably do need to be a bit more careful about how we use the descriptor tags. I imagine Brexit 2 should have been rated Normal.