• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 4 days, 5 hours, 10 minutes, 9 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Sims 4, my favorite game of all time, aka Losing all your gamer cred.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Arts & Crafts + knitting beating Happy Haunts is totally representative of the Sims community. Knitting is fine... but a stuff pack that revolves around it is going to be awful. Everything will be ugly sweaters, ugly hats, ugly wall hangings.

I never voted back when they did this before, but the other options back then were waaaaay better than laundry. If they ever do this again we'll end up with Dusting Stuff or something equally dull.

Oct 25, 2017
Based on this thread I purchased sims for 10 bucks on Xbox. I'm sure it isn't close to the full experience, but I enjoyed the original sims so how bad can it be? It'll be cool to revisit the series. We'll see how it goes.

Whatever happens I won't hold the op responsible.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Based on this thread I purchased sims for 10 bucks on Xbox. I'm sure it isn't close to the full experience, but I enjoyed the original sims so how bad can it be? It'll be cool to revisit the series. We'll see how it goes.

Whatever happens I won't hold the op responsible.
Console version is actually identical to the PC one, except for mods and the Gallery of user created content.

jred250

Oct 28, 2017
Knitting winning the user poll is pretty much on-brand for the Sims audience. I look forward to it being put on the pile of "Things that they think they want but don't actually want" right beside the Laundry game pack.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I think knitting is a sign that people desperately want stuff for Elders. But that calls for a Generations pack, not a pack specifically for... knitting.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Knitting winning the user poll is pretty much on-brand for the Sims audience. I look forward to it being put on the pile of "Things that they think they want but don't actually want" right beside the Laundry game pack.
The Laundry Stuff Pack is the highest selling stuff pack for the Sims 4, so you know, the audience really did want that.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Laundry is super loved tho and sold like crazy. I think we Era simmers are pretty disconnected from the wider audience that play for the realism. I know more people that skip everything supernatural than I know people that like that stuff.
Haunts would be a big no for them while knitting and the other stuff in that pack would be perfect.

jinkx

Sep 11, 2019
Is playing on the PS4 actually a good experience? I want to try the EA Access version, I played a lot The Sims 2 back in the day, but I only have a Macbook Air

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
It can't be that surprising? It was the first community voted pack, it won by a large margin and it had been a requested feature for years, and there was a lot of people that liked it from Sims 3 too. While the pack does have really nice items as well, laundry is a very popular feature in the Sims Community, and has been for a long time. It satisfy's both the realist crowd plus the crowd that likes making their gameplay a bit harder with another thing to keep track of.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought laundry was a good idea when I bought it... But it just has a negative impact on my Sims lives. Their clothes are damp, their house catches on fire, the washer breaks constantly, your sim gathers laundry and loads the washer one hamper at a time which takes 4 hours... It's worse than real laundry.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Laundry is super loved tho and sold like crazy. I think we Era simmers are pretty disconnected from the wider audience that play for the realism. I know more people that skip everything supernatural than I know people that like that stuff.
Haunts would be a big no for them while knitting and the other stuff in that pack would be perfect.
Yep, I’m one of those people haha. I love anything that adds more day to day realism in the game and generally don’t like any of the supernatural stuff, that stuff just generally bores me. :/

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
The laundry pack adds difficulty, which is something people were clamouring for. It also makes maids more important.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Sims 4 Discover University is up for bundling again meaning you can get it, a game pack, and a stuff pack for $50.

Just got DU for $28, Realm of Magic for $14, and, Laundry Day for $7.