• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
My 100 Baby Challenge was going so well until the birth of baby number 5.
Because after naming him, another window popped up. It's a girl! Ohno, twins! Alright, I can handle this. Just gotta get baby 4 who is a toddler to finish her skills (why is thinking so hard!?)
But then...
It's a girl!
TRIPLETS!?

I now have four toddlers. Life is hell.
I did manage to age out my fist kid and the second and third are now teens, which will help with these four toddlers from hell. I also learned to hate weekends because the kids can't get their grades up meaning I can't age them up! With homework, extra credit and both of them finishing excellent school projects, they could thankfully get their grades up real fast as soon as they went back to school and as a reward they got to age up!

The triplets are pretty cute tho. Their traits are Clingy, Charmer and Fussy.

028pOvg.png

The new teens are cool too. Lanie looks a lot like her mom (but with dad's hair) and Teddy looks like his dad. I really love this challenge specifically for this "omg how will they look" moments when you age them up from todd to child and child to teen.

POhzR1p.png

I try to get their personalities to show in the screens I take. Lanie is squeamish and Teddy is an art lover!

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just one toddler is hard enough. Four? Maybe you should cheat your own rules hahaha.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Nah, it was a pain but it worked out!
Lanie moved out, Teddy is on his way out, Maisie is a teen, the triplets are children, there is a vampire (!!!) todd and a new baby on the way. This challenge is so fun. Trying not to pick the fathers of the kids and just go with the first ones I meet. But I am tempted to go look for one of my alien sims...

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think aliens are the only occults I haven't tried yet. I'm waiting for the right mindset.

Glad to hear it all worked out.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Started a new game and played a bunch this weekend. Ran into a few bugs.
  • If a walk-in closet is built into the wall (placing walls along the door side), sometimes sims can't get out. I ran into this before on one of the stock lots, but this time it was on a house I built.
  • Any time my sim makes a microwave meal, but gets distracted before taking it out of the microwave, the meal is unusable. You just have to empty the microwave and try again. Maybe this isn't a bug, per se, but it's pretty annoying.
  • Sometimes sims' pathing/object choice seems entirely ridiculous. Sim arrives at work, then immediately decides to chat up someone blocks away. Or needs to use a trash can and decides to use one on the extreme far end of the zone. Also arriving somewhere during rain/blizzard, having that action pop up to run inside, then the action goes away and they're left standing outside in the cold.
  • Hadn't used the video station much before this game, but had a couple times where a video just disappeared after someone else used the station.
  • One time I changed floors as a sim was attempting to go into selfie mode, and the game got sort of stuck, as if the camera UI was invisible. Had to kill it from task manager.
  • Also several instances of framerate dipping to <20 while going to photo mode. And another time, same bad framerate, but not in photo mode. Eventually just restarted the game and it went away. I have a GTX 1080, which has zero problems running the game (normally) at high framerate. So these dips are kind of weird.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wonder if anyone can help here:

So I installed Island Living the other day and the game every so often Freezes and needs to be closed via task manager, there doesn't seem to be any pattern to this at all and I'm wondering if its related to previously having Origin Access Premier (I own the Sims 4 outright)

So far I've tried:
  • Reinstalling
  • Repairing Files
  • Moved to a different HDD
  • Not using any mods either
Not sure what else to try really at this point, My PC specs are fine and I can run Ultra settings no issue, for clarity these are:

• AMD Ryzen 1600x
  • GTX 1060 6gb
  • 16gb 2333mhz DDR4 RAM
  • Latest version of Windows 10 and GPU drivers

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Really sorry to read about all these issues! How frustrating. I have no idea what to do about them as I have never experienced them myself. :/

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OMG this game you guys. This is why I'm 1246 hours in. One of my witchy sims Macy, got invited to go out for dinner by L.Faba, the Sage of Mischief magic. No way I could turn that down even though she's mean. So we get to the restaurant, order a table and off we goooo.....and waited....and waited.....and waited. Service was terrible. It took forever. And honestly the menu was barely anything. I mean bean burritos? As the chef's choice? A bad chef at that...

MY CHEF. It was my goddamn Sim Ronnie's restaurant. My God I need to hire new people.

This people, is why I love this game. It's an infinite story teller.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Realm of Magic is pretty incredible. Feels almost like an expansion pack.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Realm of Magic is pretty incredible. Feels almost like an expansion pack.

I definitely like it more than Island Living. It adds a lot of gameplay to your everyday life. It's fun to do some mischievous things, like making sims fight, or making them fall in love.

And there's a mod to make magic deadly.....

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely like it more than Island Living. It adds a lot of gameplay to your everyday life. It's fun to do some mischievous things, like making sims fight, or making them fall in love.

And there's a mod to make magic deadly.....
I wouldn't go that far. I guess it depends on which kind of simmer you are. Me I'm big into role play, and basically making my Sims follow their emotions/backstories. So Sulani was a beautiful change. I loved how laidback mermaids were as an occult, and honestly I really got into the lore and the conservationist job.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
You can tell it's been a while since the last expansion pack because fans are starting to get toxic again lmao.

The latest thing is the #StopEAAbuse hashtag. The problem is that no one is asking for anything, they're just sort of screaming into the void?

But historically speaking, University will be announced on October 15th, so that should keep people happy until two days after the pack comes out. 😂

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
You can tell it's been a while since the last expansion pack because fans are starting to get toxic again lmao.

The latest thing is the #StopEAAbuse hashtag. The problem is that no one is asking for anything, they're just sort of screaming into the void?

But historically speaking, University will be announced on October 15th, so that should keep people happy until two days after the pack comes out. 😂
Oh, I saw that hashtag mentioned somewhere and assumed it had to do with EA's treatment of employees or something. Not that it was a Sims-specific thing. Never actually looked into it.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I feel like the Sims 4 came into its own by now but ea really fucked up when it first came out. I have my issues with the game still but ive come to really like it. Not as much as I did with sims 3 and it's expansion, but I enjoy it nonetheless. Still think they're too pack happy.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need a way more clearly defined goal cuz this kind of just looks like "we'll dump all our complaints on a single day"

I also have zero faith in people not being super shitty to the devs under this campaign

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Calling this abuse is legit gross and it's dumb how people who hates Sims 4 are trying to after EA for releasing packs 5 years in when they tend to be big into Sims 2 or Sims 3 and love to talk about how good those games are.
Yup. A company releasing a product with which they're not fully satisfied, and DLC that they're not obligated to purchase, is not "abuse" in any way, shape or form.

If they don't like the game because it isn't a carbon copy of Sims 3, they should just come to terms with it already and just play the game they like instead of hating on the game they don't.

If they think Sims 4 would be a great game if they just added/changed X, Y and Z, they should voice their request to EA in a way that doesn't start from a place of personal grievance. If they want to be listened to, this dumb hashtag is the wrong way to go about it.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I downloaded Youtuber Plumbella's save file and it's incredible. It makes the worlds so much alive and richer. Plus outdoor cinemas! Of course I downloaded a few lots of my own but as a base it's incredible.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
So University was leaked by the same Dutch site that leaked Island Living. Looks like it's coming out on November 15.

It should be announced on October 15. But that's the RoM release date on console, and they usually push announcements to Thursday's when they coincide with a release, so October 17 is the day I'm looking at for the trailer.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Does anyone know if the a newly released expansion pack works in the Create-your-own-bundle feature in Origin? I've been holding off on the Realm of magi game pack and the last stuff pack to buy when Uni comes out.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
Oh wow, I downloaded Youtuber Plumbella's save file and it's incredible. It makes the worlds so much alive and richer. Plus outdoor cinemas! Of course I downloaded a few lots of my own but as a base it's incredible.

Do you have to basically start all over when you use a save file like that? I've got a game of Sims where I've been playing my Sim for forever and I don't want to lose all of the relationships he has built up over the many hours playing.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have to basically start all over when you use a save file like that? I've got a game of Sims where I've been playing my Sim for forever and I don't want to lose all of the relationships he has built up over the many hours playing.

I recommend downloading her lots from the gallery. That way you can revamp your world while keeping the characters.

Otherwise you can import the characters to the save, but you'll lose the relationships.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
So University was leaked by the same Dutch site that leaked Island Living. Looks like it's coming out on November 15.

It should be announced on October 15. But that's the RoM release date on console, and they usually push announcements to Thursday's when they coincide with a release, so October 17 is the day I'm looking at for the trailer.
I've waited a long time for this.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I recommend downloading her lots from the gallery. That way you can revamp your world while keeping the characters.

Otherwise you can import the characters to the save, but you'll lose the relationships.

Of course, I didn't even think about that. Although, that also sounds like a gigantic undertaking considering how many lots there are. I hope they have the same lot names or I'm going to have to make a spreadsheet to make it all work.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I made a new save to get rid of any lingering bugs and moved my whole world over to the new one. Fixed the relationship issues with MCCC where you can tweak relationships with ease.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Of course, I didn't even think about that. Although, that also sounds like a gigantic undertaking considering how many lots there are. I hope they have the same lot names or I'm going to have to make a spreadsheet to make it all work.

It's definitely a bit of a pain. I divided it up into play sessions, so I did Willow Creek one day, Brindleton Bag another day, etc.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I am a dumb dumb but how do I replace the lots by just downloading them? I can't do her Glimmerbrook revamp since I can't place the lots (not enough money).

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I am a dumb dumb but how do I replace the lots by just downloading them? I can't do her Glimmerbrook revamp since I can't place the lots (not enough money).
I usually put the lots there before the townies (which is "free") and then use freerealestate to let them move in without hassle. If someone already lives there I just give them enough money to afford the new lot with the money x cheat.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can give others money?

Edit. Wow you can play any household. This game is still holding secrets lol.

Last edited:

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Engineering career! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I can finally fully be me in the Sims! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
The thing that I'm ridiculously excited for is roommates. At the moment, you have to add randoms to your household if you want to play roommates, and they're under your control instead of being fully autonomous.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
god i hope roommates are not just household members. that would be a major game-changer, especially if you can just add them as part of any lot.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Another expansion pack already? Didn't Island Living barely come out recently???
Follows the pattern since quite a while back now.

Cats & Dogs - November 10, 2017
Seasons - June 22, 2018
Get Famous - November 16, 2018
Island Living - June 21, 2019
and now University in November.
That's why people were so sure the leak was legit.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a good buying guide/must haves for this game? I really wanna get back into The Sims, but immediately nope out at all the add-ons and their pricing every time. So far from looking some stuff up Seasons looks great, but it's like £30 or £40, so I'm waiting on it to go on a sale with the base game at least.

Dullahan's guide to Packs
OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good buying guide/must haves for this game? I really wanna get back into The Sims, but immediately nope out at all the add-ons and their pricing every time. So far from looking some stuff up Seasons looks great, but it's like £30 or £40, so I'm waiting on it to go on a sale with the base game at least.

It really depends on what kind of simmer you are, or expect to be. What's great is that everything is tiered. You get Expansions which tend to be massive gamechangers, you get the Game Packs which tend to be smaller, focused mini-expansions and then the Stuff Packs which is mostly things you might find you need depending on your playstyle.

Expansions
-----

Get to Work: It adds a set of actual workable jobs from doctor to detective. Which means instead of your Sim going offscreen for a bit, while they rack the Simoleons you get to directly control them at the new jobs. Later packs added even more of these more interactive jobs.

Get Together: Adds clubs which can run the gamut for homework clubs for kids, to straight up partying at night clubs. It's very much a deepening of the friendship system. Plus you get a gorgeous new town, Windenburg based off Europe. You can join existing clubs, or make up your own.

City Living: Adds San Myshuno, an expy of NY city and festivals to participate in. Mostly it adds the option to rent an apartment which can go from dirt cheap to mega expansive in rent. You also get new careers like politician and critic.

Cats and Dogs: PETS! PETS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE! You can now purchase and adopt cats and dogs. And be a veterinarian. Also adds a new town. Pets have their own traits and needs to discover and cater to.

Seasons: Widely considered THE most desirable pack, this one adds seasons and weather systems to the game. And holidays like Halloween and Christmas (with changed names). IMO this is a true must own for any Sims 4 player. It's the game's salt and pepper. Plus snow angels. And Santa. Come on.

Get Famous: I love this one. It adds Sims LA, Del Sol Valley and a pretty in-depth celebrity system. Take your Sim from nobody to global superstar. The best part is the new acting career which is fully playable like the ones added in Get to Work.

Island Living: Adds the beautiful tropical world of Sulani, one of my favorite destinations in the Sims 4 and the new conservationist career which is both fully playable and actually affects the island itself. Plus it adds mermaids which are the easiest occult Sims to play. Just lay back, bask in the sun and lure Sims to their drowning with your songs at night. Or don't. Seriously don't.

Game Packs
-----

Outdoor Retreat: Adds a vacation world where you can rent a cabin for a while and take in the sights. Or you can camp outdoors. If you are a Friday the 13th fan, it's great fun. There might even be a crazy person in the woods, who knows (hockey mask not included).

Spa Day: Do you want your Sims to be yoga freaks? This is your pack. It's all about relaxation. Burn some incense, medidate, get a massage. It helps a lot with Sims stressful lives.

Dine Out: Do you want to be Sims Gordon Ramsay? This is your shot. You can now own and operate your own restaurant. Hire staff, pick your menu, entertain your guests. It's a lot harder than it sounds but if you get a restaurant running, the Simoleons will flow straight into your pockets. A must IMO. Also it adds restaurants in general. Kind of a big deal.

Vampires: Oh now this is my favorite of all Game Packs. Become an immortal vampire. Burn in the sun, be repelled by garlic! Drink the blood of your fellow Sims (or be lazy and order blood off the Internet). Vampires have an XP system, skill trees, and various strengths and weaknesses to pick from and it adds a delightful little world that's very Tim Burton-esque.

Parenthood: A major, major update to toddlers up to teens. It's a must own if you plan on playing a family. Every non-adult Sims gets various traits to level up which will mold them into their future self. Will your needy toddler turn out OK? Will your irresponsible teen turn out better? That's on you now.

Jungle Adventure: Become Indiana Jones for a bit and risk literal death as you explore the vacation world of Selvadorada. This is very much an adventure themed pack, with riches and treasures to be found.

Strangerville: Explore the bizarre town of Strangerville in this second adventure pack. The inhabitants are weird, kooky plants are growing everywhere and if you start digging for info, you might find yourself into a boss fight. It's that kind of party.

Realm of Magic: It's Harry Potter time. Become a powerful spellcaster! Dozens of spells to be learnt and potions to be brewed. This one is very in-depth and almost could have been a full expansion. It's that big. It's an absolute treat to be a wizard.

Stuff Packs
-----

Not much to say here. These packs are basically really not as important as the ones above IMO. There's some really great ones like Movie Hangout which can lead to a full outdoor cinema if you want, and then there's stuff like the Moschino Pack which adds a career and not much else. If you want kids, Kids Room is great and comes with the Sims version of Pokemon. I also love the Backyard Stuff Pack so the kids can play in an inflatable waterslide as dad BBQ out back.

Last edited: