• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
what people dont understand is that women being prominent in game developers like this has another impact of making games far more fresh by having perspectives not seen in games with just a staff that may be all male or all one racial ethnicity.

It breeds perspective and vision in a lot of ways....

Nov 11, 2017
Are there many tech-related industries that aren't majority white?
Unfortunately not there's a few companies who do diversity right not just here's a random quota for women or random poc with no power. When it's done right which is rare in software devs it's to hire/ promote diversity in all areas of the company including superiors.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
This is a beautiful thread with some great posts by companies highlighting their female employees. I hope the positive trends continue

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
That's awesome they were able to do that. I would love for them to share how they accomplished that to help out other companies in their recruiting efforts.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I know a coupl'a women who've joined Guerrilla since this hiring focus began. No idea what's being made there, but the ppl I know are talented enough to get me excited on what could be cookin'.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I've followed Guerrilla since basically the beginning (since they were still called Lost Boys Games and were developing Killzone 1 and Shellshock: 'Nam 67)

LMAO, I remember playing The Lost Ride on CD-I... apparently that was their debut title. That must have been right around the time Michiel Mol (co-founder of Lost Boys) started sponsoring Jos Verstappen's F1 career.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Rost would be proud. I hope this is a trend. More women in gaming will normalize their presence and hopefully make it a more positive environment for them.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Rost would be proud. I hope this is a trend. More women in gaming will normalize their presence and hopefully make it a more positive environment for them.

Rost is really an underrated character. I would have loved Horizon DLC playing as him in the quest that caused his banishment. Taking nothing away from Alloy, Rost is great.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good for them, my organization in comparison does a pitiful job attracting female candidates. I've done dozens of interviews for engineers and have only interviewed a female once.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Damn the Industry does seem to be majority white, I would feel very uncomfortable working in it
Guerrilla Games is based in the Netherlands. While minority representation is an clearly issue in tech industries across the world, the Dutch population is overwhelmingly caucasian. Had this been a picture of a software house, say, here in Toronto, it would look very different. Got a sneaking suspicion you're not posting in good faith, though.

Nov 11, 2017
Guerrilla Games is based in the Netherlands. While minority representation is an clearly issue in tech industries across the world, the Dutch population is overwhelmingly caucasian. Had this been a picture of a software house, say, here in Toronto, it would look very different. Got a sneaking suspicion you're not posting in good faith, though.
Peep my last post thanks

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
Now all they gotta do is halve the number of extended hologram exposition dumps and we got somethin.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
Are there many tech-related industries that aren't majority white?
Honestly this is probably bay area bias, but I feel like I see way more Asians here than white people. I'm the only non Asian person on my team (of mostly Indians)
But I work for a hardware company. Maybe software is a bit different.

EDIT: I was looking at my company's diversity report and yea, Asian doesn't count as a minority for them...

Last edited: