• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Wonder if making a new IP with a female protagonist made the studio more appealing to them. Good for Guerrilla.

Jun 12, 2018
User warned: Inflammatory drive-by posting, attempted thread derailment.
Hopefully their next female main character has a little more personality than Alloy then lol

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
So they went from 2 to 4?

...was going to be my joke, but the picture ruined it.

Very good on you, GG!

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully their next female main character has a little more personality than Alloy then lol

dahell2.png

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Very nice, it's always great to see more growth in the female developer count in the industry.
Also I will use this opportunity to say once again I can't wait for horizon 2.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
This is why I love this studio. Guerrilla putting in work.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
This is great. I'm glad to see gaming is less of a boys club than it used to be.

Maybe it actually feels normal to be in the industry and not this weird side-corner of geeky people in the overall job market.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I wonder if Horizon ZD made the company a more attractive option for women in development (as it demonstrated a company willing to make games that weren't just about [generic-white-dude]) or if there were concerted effort to recruit women.

My company has made really great strides in this area (50/50 hiring ratio), but I know effort has been made to reach out and make it clear we're an environment that welcomes and desires diversity.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Great news. Hopefully more companies join in on hiring more women and minorities.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Good stuff. Good to see more and more women in the industry. Bring in different people with different experiences and we will have new and diverse ideas.

HighResTomato

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would have been great if it was a bit more diverse, that goes for all studios not just GG.

Edit:
Kudos to Xbox

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Great to see this! It's hard not to correlate them releasing a new hit IP starring a female protagonist as a direct cause, but it's still progress. The gaming industry is still toxic in so many ways but the more women and minorities and just different kinds of people we have working in it the more normalized it will all become. Hopefully it will lead to more diverse and well-realized characters too.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
My company are only small but here are the women I work with at Player Research

We hired 5 women in the last year (some of them replacing staff who were women already though).

Oct 27, 2017
I've followed Guerrilla since basically the beginning (since they were still called Lost Boys Games and were developing Killzone 1 and Shellshock: 'Nam 67) and it's really great to see them turn into this progressive powerhouse in the industry who's able to give the middle finger to other publishers who claim female leads don't work and all that other horseshit. I can't wait to see all the games currently being developed, I hope they manage to grow to a two team studio, and most of all I can't wait for Horizon 2. Everything about HZD was brilliant and I'm so glad it was a big success for them.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
that's awesome, kudos to guerrilla games.
hopefully this is a trend that continues everywhere in the industry. game development becoming less of a "boy's club" is good for everyone.