• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CarbonCrush

Oct 27, 2017
Have you finally found a good confidence and routine that you don't get nervous or at least it is easily overcome?

Or are you still a bag of nerves?

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. Always very nervous. I'm pretty shy in general. Adding the pressure of it also being a first date makes it even worse. Maybe if I went on more dates it would change, but it's still an issue for me.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Not nervous, but usually internally annoyed. It usually feels like a predetermined and awkward 'hurdle' to get over before you can start having a normal interaction with someone, when it doesn't have to be awkward at all.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Started dating again recently and I was surprised how not nervous I was. In the past I would get nerves big time before a date.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah and honestly if I didn't then I shouldn't be wasting my time going out. It's nice having those butterflies in your stomach before going out with someone, means you're looking forward to it and hopefully they're feeling the same way. That's my take anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
not single anymore, but I always found second dates much worse. First dates are just so routine; they're always at similar locations, talking about similar things, etc. For a second date, though, it's all about finding out if this could work. I mean, you're on a second date for a reason, right? This is the make it or break it point for me and is therefore a bit more nerve wracking.

Mar 30, 2019
Yup. Same for any event really. Once it starts though, I'm like Jack Sparrow. I follow my compass to strange and unusual territory, while being hard to read in an entertaining way. I'm not even sure what part of myself I access at that point.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
My last first date was like 2 years ago and it was bearable, but the 2nd date was so fucking godawful awkward and embarrassing for me that I don't ever feel like going on a first date again. So... I guess the answer is yes?