• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
fuuuuuccckkkkk heeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thiiirrddd foooorrrrrrrrrmmmmmm maaannnnnnn

Look! The Pie!

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck her and Ariandel, TBH. The moment From got a little too enamoured with multi-phase bosses and "What, you thought you'd won?" fakeouts.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I should finish my NG+ run some day

Cat-Newspaper-Meme.jpg

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
"When the Ashes are two, a flame alighteth.
Thou'rt Ash, and fire befits thee, of course..."

— Ariandel

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I'm still standing by my opinion that this is the most unfair fight in the whole soul series (not counting the witch of Izalith in DS1)....like even Ishin is a more doable fight because, just like the boss getting a new health bar, you get one too if you die....in DS3 against Sister, it's just "deal with it", here, the boss is getting 3 health bars and good luck.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Beating sister friede was one of my all-time favorite gaming moments. The sense of accomplishment is insane.

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
I expected a 2 stage boss fight at best, she was hard enough during the 1st two but then... super mega ultra sister friede pops and fucks you up in 1 seconds lol, this is why I love dark souls

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I believe the first two stages are quite manageable. I'd say they represent 10% of the boss' difficulty . The real struggle is against her third and last form. And by Saturn I love the special effects of that black and white flame. I wish I had a weapon with those... that huge black sword has them, but it's not a cool weapon.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
"Return from whence thou cam'st. Yuria surely awaits thee."

Love this boss to pieces. It's the only O&S-like boss better than Nameless King imo.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can get to her third form without drinking any estus by using an ember sometime during her second form, and yet, she fucks me up like I'm nothing.

Yatahaze

Jun 17, 2018
Dark hand makes killing her at a low level doable. Toxic Mist + Storyteller staff makes phase 2 really easy. She is tricky though, it took me a long time to get her down. Slave knight gael helps conserve estus on phase 2 and helps with backstab fishing phase 3. When she jumps in the air during phase 3, roll towards her to get behind her for the backstab. Getting to phase 3 with as many estus as you can is the key.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Such a cool fight

If you die during it do you have to do the whole thing over again?

yep. But to be fair first two phases go quickly.

I'm still standing by my opinion that this is the most unfair fight in the whole soul series (not counting the witch of Izalith in DS1)....like even Ishin is a more doable fight because, just like the boss getting a new health bar, you get one too if you die....in DS3 against Sister, it's just "deal with it", here, the boss is getting 3 health bars and good luck.

I found Sekiro final boss way worse. First two phases of Friede are pretty manageable (first phase she stunlocks easily, second she's not as aggresive and you can just go all in to Ariandel), it's all about the third. Ishin is an asshole for a whole 3 phases. Friede also doesn't take a gun out of her ass and go all YOLO on you.