• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, sounds like I'll have to replay DS3 sooner rather than later.
It's really worth it. The first has an incredibly detailed area with new enemies and gear, a great final boss, and a bunch of optional content and a boss to unlock the PvP arena they added.

The second has two full areas with new and difficult enemies, new gear, three of some of the most challenging and best bosses in the series (including a perfect final fight), and another boss related to the new covenant. It's a spectacular finale.

Jun 24, 2019
Loved her fight. One of the hardest in DS.

Out of my experience of difficulty with Soulsborne fights:
Defiled Hotdog > Midir > Lady Friede (3rd phase) > Isshin > Seven Ashina Spears

Defiled Hotdog still gives me nightmares.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I beat Gael. What a fantastic boss. Not as tough as maybe he could (or should) have been, but a really energetic and exhilarating fight nonetheless.

The first time I fought him, I managed to get to his second form by only getting hit once. I only had five estus sips, so I died there. On the second fight, I got him down to only like two or three hits left before he killed me. Then the next couple of times I got sloppy and died on his first form, before finally killing him.

I'm now onto Midir. I tried him four or five times. I'm stopping for the night, but so far, I have to say I don't really like the fight. It lacks the polish of Friede or Gael. I dunno, maybe it's because he's a giant dragon that throws giant sweeping sloppy attacks. I don't think I like it. Anyways. We'll see how I fare against him in the near future.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of the Evelyn you could use another pistol that scale less with bloodtinge (starter pistol is ok).
Bone marrow ash is the consumable that grants additional damage to the following shot, if I remember correctly you can bring 5 to the fight. If you lock on Lawrence's head and fire with a +10 pistol (with good gems) 4-5 shots with bone marrow ash should pretty much grant you a visceral if I remember correctly.
It's not much but every bit helps.

Oh of course. Shows how little I did blood tinge haha.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midir is a good example of how From's camera struggles with very large bosses. It was an epic fight but the camera, ayyy

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going through Dark Souls 3's DLC for the first time, and just beat this boss myself. I wasn't surprised about the second phase, but the third phase caught me completely off-guard. I was down to 2 flask charges and, needless to say, I didn't live. It took something like four or five attempts before I realized Father Ariandel himself can be attacked in the second phase, and once I started just wailing on him in that part it was actually smooth sailing. I had plenty of healing for the ol' blackflame, and managed to take her out without too much trouble. I used a refined broadsword+10 and the Hollowslayer Greatsword +5 for reach, with the Drakeblood set. It was suuuuuch a cool fight, and is my new favorite FROM boss. Now onto the Ringed City!

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not played any of the DS3 DLC but watching the fight really reminds me at how good From are at spectacle and intimidation in boss fights and how they always amp it up. Especially when it comes to the music, turn that off and they are far less stressful but nowhere near as fun.