• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Beef Stallmer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sweet mother.

bc7f332b-64e6-4ad0-bdd8-daea9123c267.PNG

Thanks to GSY Miguel

I actually feel a bit dizzy.... this is how 499 euro vanishing instantly feels like... :-D
(It's not really vanishing if it will materialise as an X)
Hope I can still find the disk

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuuuuuuuuck.

RDR in 4K. Damn, that's not something I ever could have imagined. I'm so damn pleased.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I should get around to playing Red Dead then.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
any other time Red Dead 4K/Remaster would be a massive announcement but Microsoft are just like "here you go, it's out now.". Their back compat stuff is unreal.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The real question is, how does Generations' framerate (especially in the Speed Highway Goin' Down section) hold up on the One X?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I can only repeat myself again and again. I can't believe what a huge deal RDR is. The ONLY over 720p version world wide, for f'n free. This thing will sell whole consoles, SPECIALLY with RDR2 on the horizon. This will flood every news site tomorrow like it's the invention of sliced bread, it has to, it's such a big thing.

Absolute crazy that they made this possible.

Good that I have this title at home already, but the server are getting hammered right now.
Also, together with the OG Xbox game, time for quick ebay shopping until the physical copies are getting expensive now.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
It's legitimately mind blowing how under-appreciated the work the Xbox Backwards Compatibility team is.

Those guys are wizards. This is extremely impressive and makes me want to go back and play RDR again.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
If i had the budget i would drop 499 this instance for an X. This back compat stuff is a system seller IMO. Just the overall commitment from MS and how it brings value to your digital library long-term. Terrific!

MagnesG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So maybe we could get support for at least most famous bc titles on upcoming consoles ever?

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
Does this only work with disc versions or can i buy the digital version of RDR? Remember reading that FH was only disc?

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who never played RDR but bought a digital copy of it when I had a OG XB1 when it was cheap this is very tempting. I might pick up an X now and play through RDR for the first time in 4K and by going off these reactions I probably should do just that.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Either YouTube's video compression is at work, or this basically looks the same?

I watched it on my phone, so it was a bit difficult to discern the image quality difference. Gears 2 on 360 is 720p and it's several times that resolution on the X; something that would absolutely be noticeable on a 1080p and/or especially a 4K television.

Does this only work with disc versions or can i buy the digital version of RDR? Remember reading that FH was only disc?

Both work. Some games were only disc because they weren't available digitally at the time. Microsoft was (surprisingly?) lackluster in their digital storefront last generation.