• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Considering he's stepping about because of sexual harassment allegations, good riddance.

That's three for the Yogscast in a month or so, first Caffcast, then Turps, now Sjin. The thing is the allegations against him were of years ago but they were dismissed back then, but the first two cases made Lewis look further into this one.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
What behavior is he referring to?

Lewis responded in the thread...
Hi - this is Lewis - just to confirm that we're parting ways with Sjin.

In the last few weeks I received a number of emails from community members who reported chatting with Sjin on various platforms between 2012 and 2015 with some more recently.

I know that some here are expecting an "innocent" or "guilty" verdict but it's more complicated than that. What this boils down to is that I believe some members of the community have been made uncomfortable or upset - and I am sorry for this. It's clear to me that Sjin has breached our code of conduct and after discussing this with him he has decided to take an extended break and will be leaving the Yogscast network.

We have changed over the last 11 years and I have always strived to make the Yogscast a completely positive experience for everyone involved - for our staff and content creators but most importantly our audience. Nowadays we're more connected than ever with streams and discord servers and I want to continue to ensure that all interactions with our community are positive for the next 11 years. Meeting everyone at YogCon further reinforced this for me.

Thanks to those who reached out to me with their experiences and also the community for their continued patience with this process.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Might just be easier for them to have a code of misconduct rather than a code of conduct at this point, given how many people seem to be breaching it.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Haven't watched them in like 5 years. But sexual harassment stuff happened there??? That's crazy. I only really watched things with Lewis and Simon in it, but I assumed they were all really nice ppl like those 2

Jan 15, 2018
Considering he's stepping about because of sexual harassment allegations, good riddance.

That's three for the Yogscast in a month or so, first Caffcast, then Turps, now Sjin. The thing is the allegations against him were of years ago but they were dismissed back then, but the first two cases made Lewis look further into this one.

Wait, did they all have sexual harassment allegations against them?

This is the third recent case of someone leaving Yogscast under these kind of circumstances, including the former CEO.

Holy shit, that's wild

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't watched them in like 5 years. But sexual harassment stuff happened there??? That's crazy. I only really watched things with Lewis and Simon in it, but I assumed they were all really nice ppl like those 2
This is the third recent case of someone leaving Yogscast under these kind of circumstances, including the former CEO.

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
Man, these guys don't half choose the wrong bunch of people to work with. Gross.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Might just be easier for them to have a code of misconduct rather than a code of conduct at this point, given how many people seem to be breaching it.
I'm wondering what the rate of misconduct is among streamers/tubers that aren't part of a company that can investigate these allegations. If Sjin or ProJared did their deeds while independent would anybody have been able to hold them to account?

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sexual harassment of young teen gals it looks like. One gal saying they were 15, another 17...
So dude is noncey

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Jeez sorry posted on mobile
Still didn't edit it though. You sound like someone asked you to tidy your room, not include details of sexual harassment that are key points to the topic you yourself posted. Not sure why using a mobile means you forget key points on a topic either. Seems pretty apparent you're upset they're going and didn't want to muddy that image.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Still didn't edit it though. You sound like someone asked you to tidy your room, not include details of sexual harassment that are key points to the topic you yourself posted. Not sure why using a mobile means you forget key points on a topic either. Seems pretty apparent you're upset they're going and didn't want to muddy that image.

I'll just close the thread, somebody who is better than me can post it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Thread closed per OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.