• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
There is a Ska thread and I have never posted in it- How is that possible?
Anyhow, threw ska shows in High School and these days I DJ Dubby weird electro stuff. I know far too much about modern Jamaican inspired music.
I should have two discs this year, one is punk rock mashups and I have a political ska record in the works using samples from an old band called The Adjusters but sampling ska is a pain in the ass and takes forever.
I also trying to get my dream gig together with DJ Vadim and Version City.. but that is an ongoing work in progress.
Welcome to the thread! This thread always gets lost in the Hangouts section, so no surprise you didn't see it until it was in the community spotlight.
Would love to hear what you're working on, especially if you're using samples from The Adjusters. What songs are you sampling? Stuff from Before the Revolution I take it? Love that album.

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017
Are there any Apple Music users in here? Would anyone be interested in sharing ska playlists?

Exis

Oct 25, 2017
Would love to hear what you're working on, especially if you're using samples from The Adjusters. What songs are you sampling? Stuff from Before the Revolution I take it? Love that album.
The Adjusters are one of my top 5 bands on all time of any genre. Before the Revolution has gotten me through so many hard times in life that I want to get this idea out of my head in time for next years election. I have everything they made and hope to use all of it.
The problem is in my head, this is a rainy jazz version of the grey album, and production is so much harder than beatmatching that I am actually taking music classes to figure it out.

Exis

Oct 25, 2017
Oh here is my last Mix tape, it starts swing, then goes downtempo to being more reggae.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any Apple Music users in here? Would anyone be interested in sharing ska playlists?
Speaking of, I was wondering if you or anyone else would like me to include links to Apple Music or any other streaming services instead of just Spotify when I recommend albums? I'm sure it wound't take too much more time to add a few more links if others wanted them.
Oh here is my last Mix tape, it starts swing, then goes downtempo to being more reggae.

Great work. That was a really enjoyable listen. I recognized the Prince Fatty/Hollie Cook song. Very nice choice. Love Hollie Cook. I liked the swing cover of Get Up, Stand Up too. Looking forward to hearing The Adjusters stuff you're working on.

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of, I was wondering if you or anyone else would like me to include links to Apple Music or any other streaming services instead of just Spotify when I recommend albums? I'm sure it wound't take too much more time to add a few more links if others wanted them.

Personally I am an Apple Music user, so I wouldn't turn down links from that platform.

Let's see if this works: https://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/women-of-ska/pl.u-JR92VsDGdVje

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
Personally I am an Apple Music user, so I wouldn't turn down links from that platform.

Let's see if this works: https://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/women-of-ska/pl.u-JR92VsDGdVje
I'll make sure to remember to do that next time when I'm making a list then. If I'm bored someday, I'll go back and add links to previous posts.

Thanks for posting that playlist. Never heard of The Heat Machine before and I'm loving the few songs I've listened to so far. The singers give me a Dancehall Crashers vibe and that's a good thing. Would love to hear more harmonies/vocal groups do ska music. Was listening to The Jouby's again the other day and I hope they put out another album some day. Their album London Busking is definitely worth checking out if you like some good harmonies. I saw the other day that they have a cover of The Commodores Easy on a compilation that came out 2 years ago, so maybe they are still making/recording music.

Last edited:

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017
Was listening to The Jouby's again the other day and I hope they put out another album some day. Their album London Busking is definitely worth checking out if you like some good harmonies. I saw the other day that they have a cover of The Commodores Easy on a compilation that came out 2 years ago, so maybe they are still making/recording music.

I'll have to give Jouby's a listen to. I can't say if I have heard them before.

I also received this in the mail today: https://imgur.com/xxCoyJA

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I miss the very short swing revolution. Swing, ska, and punk are my mainstays on Spotify.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to give Jouby's a listen to. I can't say if I have heard them before.

I also received this in the mail today: https://imgur.com/xxCoyJA
Very nice pickup there. Signed even! Are they putting out another album this year? I know they put out that Make Hey! song last year. Never looked into if that was a one off thing or if they got another release coming.

I miss the very short swing revolution. Swing, ska, and punk are my mainstays on Spotify.
I miss that time too. Listened to a bunch of Atomic Fireballs, Squirrel Nut Zipper, Big Bad Voodoo Dady, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, etc. back in those days. Still listen to Squirrel Nut Zipper from time to time and Cherry Poppin' Daddies made a bunch of ska songs as well. Skaboy JFK is a great album. Don Quioxte was definitely a favorite of mine from them. That song was on a ton of compilations back in the day. At least it seemed that way.

Last edited:

Exis

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and a note- Lee Scratch Perry is touring this month with a handful of shows in the US.
I am seeing him Baltimore.
The dude is 82, so if he is coming near you you want to check that out.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
This is something I've wanted to start for a while and I figure now is as good a time as any.

Throwback Thursday

I thought on Thursdays we could share ska, rocksteady and reggae albums we listened to when we were younger. Share an album or two that is an old favorite or maybe you're first record you've listened to in the genres. I usually post new stuff I'm listening too and thought this would be a good way to highlight older albums I listened to throughout the years.

Unsteady - Double or Nothing (1997)
wyYFDMT.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/5tz4Bf7mhq5eokN738sJrf?si=eeReYhEgTteEq0ALgF2ntQ
Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/double-or-nothing/320923525

I remember my grandma gave me this small, portable pool table that I set up in my parents basement and used to play for hours listening to music. I had this album on cassette and would play it over and over again. Listening to it always brings me back to that time and will always be a favorite of mine.

Exis

Oct 25, 2017
This was the first ska record I ever bought, and they headlined the first show I ever threw.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
The cover looks SO familiar, but I can't say I've ever heard the song before. One of my friends must have had it or something, because I know I've seen that before. Thanks for sharing! That's so cool they were your first album purchase and booking. I dig the song. It has such a great early/mid 90s ska sound that was everywhere at the time. Brings me back to all those random compilations I used to listen to.

Looking them up, it looks like the album was release on Moon Ska. Damn I wish Moon Ska stuff was on streaming services. So many good albums. I think Megalith Records holds the rights to that catalogue now or something like that. They took their stuff of streaming services years ago which sucks.

Last edited:

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
The Pioneers in specific and Trojan Records overall seems super underrated. I'm sure Trojan had a bigger impact in the UK, definitely on the anti-racist skindhead movement in 1969, but they seem to not get nods at all anymore.

Trojan jumped on Lee Scratch Perry immediately after he blew up on the island, so they definitely had an ear for it.

Also, if anyone is into it, the podcast / Chicago radio show Sound Opinions did an episode on ska. There's a lot of interesting history there, things I never knew, like how the 1920s New Orleans big band jazz 78s were basically the start of it. They made their way to Jamaica and were some of the only early American music to get exposure. Then came that upstroke sound: ska, ska, ska.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
Trojan Records has SO many great artists. If you never know what to listen to, search for one of the thousands of Trojan compilations or playlists and you'll have hours and hours of great music. Trojan Records themselves have a few playlists up that are worth a look, https://open.spotify.com/user/trojan-records?si=BN27JpCHS82jLhhXE94DVg. I'll have to check out that Sound Opinions podcast. I need to do more deep diving into the history of the genres.

Here's a great surprise I woke up to today. The Anchorage released a new EP today and it's damn good. I think a lot of posters here would really dig it.

The Anchorage - What We Go Through
Zb3ccGJ.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/3eJVI8X2MIKxafuTdTHv7O?si=xH5UVZNMQOCUEwmxv4RW3g
Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/what-we-go-through-ep/1445347081
Bandcamp: https://theanchorage.bandcamp.com/album/what-we-go-through

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Trojan Records has SO many great artists. If you never know what to listen to, search for one of the thousands of Trojan compilations or playlists and you'll have hours and hours of great music. Trojan Records themselves have a few playlists up that are worth a look, https://open.spotify.com/user/trojan-records?si=BN27JpCHS82jLhhXE94DVg. I'll have to check out that Sound Opinions podcast. I need to do more deep diving into the history of the genres.

Here's a great surprise I woke up to today. The Anchorage released a new EP today and it's damn good. I think a lot of posters here would really dig it.

The Anchorage - What We Go Through
Zb3ccGJ.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/3eJVI8X2MIKxafuTdTHv7O?si=xH5UVZNMQOCUEwmxv4RW3g
Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/what-we-go-through-ep/1445347081
Bandcamp: https://theanchorage.bandcamp.com/album/what-we-go-through

The Anchorage are awesome. Anyone who liked RX Bandits will love their stuff.

Kickstarter backers just got the new Be Like Max release "Save Us All" and oh my, it's glorious. A skapunk tour de force I've never heard before except maybe early Big D stuff.

It'll release on February 17, make sure to mark your calendars, I'll definitely make a post then. There's not one bad song on this one but beware, it's super fast and aggressive. And those lyrics, man, these dudes are angry af.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I didn't know The Specials were still a band and they just released their first album in 18 years and it's (shockingly) #1 on the UK charts. I'm listening to it and it's like... ska disco. It's so bad. Why are they doing this. Please make it stop.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
The Anchorage are awesome. Anyone who liked RX Bandits will love their stuff.

Kickstarter backers just got the new Be Like Max release "Save Us All" and oh my, it's glorious. A skapunk tour de force I've never heard before except maybe early Big D stuff.

It'll release on February 17, make sure to mark your calendars, I'll definitely make a post then. There's not one bad song on this one but beware, it's super fast and aggressive. And those lyrics, man, these dudes are angry af.
Yeah, that Where I Want To Be song sounds so much like RX Bandits it's crazy. It's like if the new sound of RX Bandits still incorporated ska music.

Thanks for the heads up on the Be Like Max release date. Really looking forward to it. That song you posted earlier is damn good.
So I didn't know The Specials were still a band and they just released their first album in 18 years and it's (shockingly) #1 on the UK charts. I'm listening to it and it's like... ska disco. It's so bad. Why are they doing this. Please make it stop.
It's only the first two songs that have that sound and the rest sounds more like their old stuff if I remember correctly. There are a few spoken word tracks as well so that might not be your thing either. I've listened to it a few times now and I really like it.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's only the first two songs that have that sound and the rest sounds more like their old stuff if I remember correctly. There are a few spoken word tracks as well so that might not be your thing either. I've listened to it a few times now and I really like it.

Yeah, it did get back to the older Specials sound but man, was not a fan of the album as a whole. Would much rather listen to their s/t.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Hey, ska community! Won't lie, having grown up in the church, my initial exposure to ska as a genre was through religious groups like Five Iron Frenzy. It was later that friends helped expand my view, by introducing me to groups like Catch 22 and old school acts like The Skatalites. So does anyone else have a similar trajectory as to their exposure to the genre?

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017
Hey, ska community! Won't lie, having grown up in the church, my initial exposure to ska as a genre was through religious groups like Five Iron Frenzy. It was later that friends helped expand my view, by introducing me to groups like Catch 22 and old school acts like The Skatalites. So does anyone else have a similar trajectory as to their exposure to the genre?

I was kind of aware of ska when it hit mainstream radio. I thought it was cool, I mean anything with a horn section can't be that bad, right? It wasn't until the 1-2 punch of The Return of the Aquabats and the Reel Big Fish/Goldfinger split 7" that I really took notice. 23 years later and I still love the genre.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rancid was my gateway in. First heard them off Punk-O-Rama volume 1. Then from there it was Op Ivy, Aquabats, Less than Jake, The Gadjits, and more.

Honestly, that one album shaped a lot of my music for a while. Bad Religion, Pennywise, Offspring, NOFX.

After that, Hellcat Records provided a good amount of my collection. I loved so many bands from the Give 'Em the Boot collection. Second album was especially great as it helped highlight the ska/punk/reggae crossover. "Tell Me What You're Feeling" by Nocturnal/Rancid is still on regular rotation.

Need to highlight, And Out Come the Wolves was the perfect ska/punk bridge album. Still maintain there's not a subpar song on that whole damn album.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
That was a great place to start. I was also really into Five Iron Frenzy with their Our Newest Album Ever! release. Another christian ska band I listened to was The OC Supertones album Supertones Strike Back. They were more in your face with the god stuff than FIF was, so I didn't really get in them as much. While it wasn't my intro to ska, I definitely listened to a few christian ska bands as well.

I've been thinking about exactly when I got into the ska, but I'm having trouble really pinpointing the first song that really got me into it. I would say I was in either 7th or 8th grade ('94/'95) when I starting listening to some punk here and there. I was a huge No Doubt fan back then. I think the first time I heard them was what I believe was the debut of the Just A Girl video on MTV's 120 Minutes and that's probably what kicked off my ska obsession even though it's not ska. Loved that song right away and ended up checking out their older stuff after loving Tragic Kingdom. Their self-titled album is still a favorite of mine. From there I really got into any ska punk stuff I could get my hands on. Picking up any random compilations and ska albums when I would got a record store. Like Tamanon, Rancid's Out Come The Wolves was a big one for me as well.

When I got to high school I met some friends that also loved the genre. They ended up introducing me to stuff like The Slackers, Skankin' Pickle, The Scofflaws and a bunch of other stuff. The Slackers especially was definitely a big thing for me. That got me into stuff that wasn't punk style like Hepcat, New York Ska Jazz Ensemble and picking up anything that was on the Moon Ska Records label. I was really into, and still am into ska punk, but I really loved that more traditional sound and it's shaped what I really love today.

Throwback Thursday
This weeks album I'd like to share is the album Give It Up, Let It Go by Critical Mass. This was one I randomly picked up one day for some reason, probably because of the Moon Ska logo on the back. Turned out to be a favorite of mine that's still a great listen today.

Critical Mass - Give It Up, Let It Go (1997)
UCtAbds.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/25cLkugyPeUib9fAfm72IA?si=TdVowEeASHymLjwNvgLG0A
Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/give-it-up-let-it-go/475175764

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
That was a great place to start. I was also really into Five Iron Frenzy with their Our Newest Album Ever! release. Another christian ska band I listened to was The OC Supertones album Supertones Strike Back. They were more in your face with the god stuff than FIF was, so I didn't really get in them as much. While it wasn't my intro to ska, I definitely listened to a few christian ska bands as well.

I've been thinking about exactly when I got into the ska, but I'm having trouble really pinpointing the first song that really got me into it. I would say I was in either 7th or 8th grade ('94/'95) when I starting listening to some punk here and there. I was a huge No Doubt fan back then. I think the first time I heard them was what I believe was the debut of the Just A Girl video on MTV's 120 Minutes and that's probably what kicked off my ska obsession even though it's not ska. Loved that song right away and ended up checking out their older stuff after loving Tragic Kingdom. Their self-titled album is still a favorite of mine. From there I really got into any ska punk stuff I could get my hands on. Picking up any random compilations and ska albums when I would got a record store. Like Tamanon, Rancid's Out Come The Wolves was a big one for me as well.

When I got to high school I met some friends that also loved the genre. They ended up introducing me to stuff like The Slackers, Skankin' Pickle, The Scofflaws and a bunch of other stuff. The Slackers especially was definitely a big thing for me. That got me into stuff that wasn't punk style like Hepcat, New York Ska Jazz Ensemble and picking up anything that was on the Moon Ska Records label. I was really into, and still am into ska punk, but I really loved that more traditional sound and it's shaped what I really love today.

Throwback Thursday
This weeks album I'd like to share is the album Give It Up, Let It Go by Critical Mass. This was one I randomly picked up one day for some reason, probably because of the Moon Ska logo on the back. Turned out to be a favorite of mine that's still a great listen today.

Critical Mass - Give It Up, Let It Go (1997)
UCtAbds.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/25cLkugyPeUib9fAfm72IA?si=TdVowEeASHymLjwNvgLG0A
Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/give-it-up-let-it-go/475175764

I won't lie that FIF was ironically instrumental with my ultimate breakaway from the church, but they were also instrumental in opening my eyes to bands and genres that were influential in ways I cannot describe.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
Today marks the release of the new Be Like Max record. I'm really enjoying it, I'm a sucker for fast-paced skapunk so this is probably already my AOTY.

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/3KOqNZt16iizTbjchUPDwK?si=Sl9oLR4zSgKmTEIjTht_uw
Bandcamp: https://belikemax.bandcamp.com/album/save-us-all

Just got through my first listen and I love it. Great energy and you weren't lying, it's some angry shit. With what's going on who can blame them. Some really great horn and keyboard solos on the album as well. Loved their cover of the Mephiskaphele's song Doomsday. They sped it up so much they cut off a minute from the original lol. Really enjoyed it from start to finish.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Got pretty quiet in here, so I'll just post some stuff that I'm currently listening to.

The Supervillains - The Sweat

This song is just too cool. Not only melody-wise but man, do I love the lyrics. "She smokes more weed than you do...." Hilarious!

Call Me Malcolm - Restore Factory Settings

Amazing song, pls listen to the whole record, every song is really, really good. Kind of a weird mix of upbeat music but super depressing and emotional lyrics. The thing is, they really manage to convey these emotions through the melodies.

And then I'm also hooked (again) on some classics like MU330, Buck-O-Nine and Dance Hall Crashers.

In case you haven't already anyway, give skapunkdaily a follow on Instagram. They're posting really good and well researched lists of important skapunk albums. They did a 90s best of and just finished a best skapunk compilations hitlist.

And probalby the best news of the year (at least for me): The Suicide Machines have finished recording their new album. Cannot wait for this, Destruction by Definition is probably my all time fav ska record.

Have a great weekend:)

Wired All Wrong: Would it be ok with you if we add skapunk in the title, just as a tag word? Would be great if you could ask a mod to do so, maybe there are some members that are looking for something like this.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone! I'm still alive. Sorry for slacking so much on posting. I do have a bunch of albums to check out though that I've been listening to these past few months. I'm going to make this post about what came out today. There was an good amount of releases today so thought I'd share them first. Also one more album that I've been absolutely LOVING these past few weeks. So here's a few albums to check out. I'll try to post more of what I've been listening to these past few months this weekend.

The Skints - Swimming Lessons
pZZB99H.png

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/5UnKQPs5N85SFpXL5v7vF8?si=pZfFiREqSF6J6JRT51rWqA
Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/s...pple.com/us/album/swimming-lessons/1454286587

Planet Smashers - Too Much Information
Fgdxxrt.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/6ZnacvTzuZgnxnVko3Azbf?si=8rM5eGNpTN63LlcPRnGg9Q
Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/too-much-information/1456276596
Bandcamp: https://planetsmashers.bandcamp.com/album/too-much-information-2

The Magnetics - Coffee & Sugar
VGVIaiV.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/64303Kb8h4H8lFylmM1um7?si=7jML3NlKQzKQTlX06Qi4VA
Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/lu/album/coffee-sugar/1462021817

Catbite - Catbite
EvipsLn.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/1Hq5Ps5i5QPsfzpGhhGevJ?si=_CmuzBy8TYC25OoUX0ryoA
Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/catbite/1460636067?ign-mpt=uo=2
Bandcamp: https://catbite.bandcamp.com/album/catbite

Hooray for Our Side - Everybody Love Everybody
hl0e21P.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/6UQsqp1zF5LTqmwFmiVQPL?si=togOC9ETRl2LhT0wXWed7g
Bandcamp: https://hoorayforourside.bandcamp.com/album/everybody-love-everybody

Now this next album I'm posting has been one of my favorites in a while. I just love their sound and I hope everyone here checks them out.

The Loving Paupers - Lines
Z5CNCmZ.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/76DfvSCSI6kwTmIPcF6sJb?si=W5Jg6MJwQOm70LltsY_RfA
Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lines/1454354757

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017
I received my Planet Smashers vinyl last night, and should be getting the Catbite record soon. Also, the Loving Paupers is FANTASTIC. I can't recommend it highly enough.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
I received my Planet Smashers vinyl last night, and should be getting the Catbite record soon. Also, the Loving Paupers is FANTASTIC. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Seriously, The Loving Paupers album is so good. Can't remember that last time I've been this hooked on an album. I think I like it more every time I listen to it and I've listened to it A LOT. Their style is so good and the singers voice is so soothing. Just a joy to listen to. I'm tempted to make a thread just about that album because I love it so much.

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017
It's one of my favorite albums of this year. And the Scotch Bonnets record. And the Planet Smashers record. And the Cartoon Violence record...

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Yooooooo that Loving Paupers album is really good. Thanks for the suggestion.

It's weird, I have so much ska saved on Spotify, but the Discover Weekly stuff almost never has any ska on it. Anyway, I guess my question is... why does Spotify hate ska? Thanks, I'll take my answer off the air.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Westbound Train has a new album coming soon. Had no idea and then this song just popped up on my Spotify Release Radar playlist

Love me some Westbound Train so this was an awesome surprise to wake up to.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
I keep a sharp eye on this thread, but usually it's such a deluge of recommendations that I need to take an hour or so to listen through.
My tastes are definitely in the third wave ska. I need some punk energy, so it's not all therecommendations that strike my fancy. But of all the recent recommendations, I freaking adore:

Be Like Max
Hooray For Our Side
The Planet Smashers

And I can join the choir of people recommending Call Me Malcolm and The Supervillains. People not listening to them, must have an active wish to not be happy.

I have a Spotify playlist, where I try to keep all the most bloodpumping ska-songs I come across:

Peruse it for inspiration if you'd like. I feel like noone should be without these songs.

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017
Just thought I would mention The Loving Paupers again. Seriously ladies and gentlemen, do not sleep on this band.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
I keep a sharp eye on this thread, but usually it's such a deluge of recommendations that I need to take an hour or so to listen through.
My tastes are definitely in the third wave ska. I need some punk energy, so it's not all therecommendations that strike my fancy. But of all the recent recommendations, I freaking adore:

Be Like Max
Hooray For Our Side
The Planet Smashers

And I can join the choir of people recommending Call Me Malcolm and The Supervillains. People not listening to them, must have an active wish to not be happy.

I have a Spotify playlist, where I try to keep all the most bloodpumping ska-songs I come across:

Peruse it for inspiration if you'd like. I feel like noone should be without these songs.

Nice song choices in the playlist. Love you included some The Real McCoy Ska songs. Love that album. Wish they had more stuff. It's hard to find out anything about them online.
Just thought I would mention The Loving Paupers again. Seriously ladies and gentlemen, do not sleep on this band.
Favorite album so far this year. Listen to it near daily. Never gets old.

Now for some recent releases.

Tropidelic - Here in The Heights
xVQhZyV.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/2lGYvbR1ovYdsZKb2lTiq0?si=oN2K-P0HTs6rm5_fmoZDrg
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/us/album/here-in-the-heights/1461533222

Tallowah - Round 3
QqIioOG.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/5lSp5JMp3eONKtVuMWTZc0?si=SXYIw2stQI6_06tdanADww
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/gb/album/round-3/1466130759
Bandcamp: https://tallowah.bandcamp.com/album/round-3-2

Codename Colin - Escape from Everything
9260u6D.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/4httMcgUvgdYF85BdSHwIy?si=q2GOPtc0SVij1XugkSypjw
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/us/album/escape-from-everything/1465416553
Bandcamp: https://codenamecolin.bandcamp.com/album/escape-from-everything

New York Ska-Jazz Ensemble - Break Thru
iHuuwn0.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/4Q3VnmuRbI3GKVLZoBbbyC?si=LkcVLsdsRHez0SvxAAkgjw
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/us/album/break-thru/1458926229

The Opskamatrists - Thank You, Captain Skabvious
One of the most terrible band names, album names and album cover art I've seen in a while, but I really liked the one listen I gave the album so far.
bnCV791.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/2JyixrIitSAcfqyEohPlo9?si=OrEbREl6QUyx9ULRJuqP1Q
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/us/album/thank-you-captain-skabvious/1466447625

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
Oh crap, haven't posted anything in a while! I'll make sure to do that real soon. I probably have 20 albums to share since my last post.

Welcome everyone new to the thread! Hope you find something you like.

OP
OP
Wired All Wrong
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a few new albums to check out. The community seems to like the more punk side of stuff, so here are a few albums I think people here will like.

Just Say Nay - Maximum Effort
CFsGekU.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/38QPIpKjRRhaWa2fXujgb2?si=_SlGwI_ORX2wEY6dUAfmSQ
Bandcamp: https://justsaynay.bandcamp.com/

Thirsty Guys - Parched
jmPMDTu.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/7HV2DojQfrCjivlFLWXXQp?si=fXhtZEtiSYuk9eK2VvAnng
Bandcamp: https://thirstyguys.bandcamp.com/album/parched

Bruce Lee Band - Rental!! Eviction!!
JtAaTNm.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/7jbc6VssvRQLTYCAYMAT9W?si=2x9BToEBRJa0k1Gtb6wN_g

The Hostiles - Love and Lacerations
wLPOy3V.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0KWIn06OBtAcvn24QhfdXy?si=7VvC-JwJS560XuOLAp8Aww
Bandcamp: https://thehostiles.bandcamp.com/album/love-and-lacerations

Hans Gruber and the Die Hards - Hans Gruber and the Die Hards 2
hbCa70K.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/6upxsDpKhl0yueRAqSGKdR?si=QmZVEOLzS6O7n6eaI0eCfg
Bandcamp: https://hansgruberandthediehards.bandcamp.com/

I'll have a bunch more to share soon. Enjoy!

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PICKITUPPICKITUPPICKITUPRIGHT

that Thirsty Guys record brings back memories. was never a big Ska guy but i heard "where did you go"

the other day and it took me back. Dickie Barret is great.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a few new albums to check out. The community seems to like the more punk side of stuff, so here are a few albums I think people here will like.

Just Say Nay - Maximum Effort
CFsGekU.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/38QPIpKjRRhaWa2fXujgb2?si=_SlGwI_ORX2wEY6dUAfmSQ
Bandcamp: https://justsaynay.bandcamp.com/

Thirsty Guys - Parched
jmPMDTu.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/7HV2DojQfrCjivlFLWXXQp?si=fXhtZEtiSYuk9eK2VvAnng
Bandcamp: https://thirstyguys.bandcamp.com/album/parched

Bruce Lee Band - Rental!! Eviction!!
JtAaTNm.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/7jbc6VssvRQLTYCAYMAT9W?si=2x9BToEBRJa0k1Gtb6wN_g

The Hostiles - Love and Lacerations
wLPOy3V.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0KWIn06OBtAcvn24QhfdXy?si=7VvC-JwJS560XuOLAp8Aww
Bandcamp: https://thehostiles.bandcamp.com/album/love-and-lacerations

Hans Gruber and the Die Hards - Hans Gruber and the Die Hards 2
hbCa70K.jpg

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/6upxsDpKhl0yueRAqSGKdR?si=QmZVEOLzS6O7n6eaI0eCfg
Bandcamp: https://hansgruberandthediehards.bandcamp.com/

I'll have a bunch more to share soon. Enjoy!
Thirsty guys are great! With this and the Omnigone (superband with ex-Link80) Bad Time Records is steadily building an impressive catalogue!

That Bruce Lee Band Album though... as much as I love Mike Park, most songs sound way too familiar. Free Breakfast is very close to a Call me Malcom song, Inside out's chorus.

If you're down for some crack rock steady, there's a new Dead Rejects album:

And, finally, if you're into The Suicide Machines, German band Thee Infidels released a new song a couple of months ago: