• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
e39.png

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Being able to jump off the board and land back on it looks interesting.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Confident in this if they are delaying the game to get the controls and feel right. 100% is the most important part. Glad that they get that.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
From what I said in the other thread I definitely wouldn't take this as the current state of the game.

These playtest builds are typically (a lot) older than what their currently on but overall this looks pretty good. Looks like you don't pop nearly as high as you did in Skate 3 which is cool and it looks to flow in general a lot better than Session and Skater XL.

sidephasing

Dec 17, 2021
looks great so far, my main hope so far is that there isnt as big an emphasis on the hall of meat stuff

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
This is what I have seen.

From what I said in the other thread I definitely wouldn't take this as the current state of the game.

These playtest builds are typically (a lot) older than what their currently on but overall this looks pretty good. Looks like you don't pop nearly as high as you did in Skate 3 which is cool and it looks to flow in general a lot better than Session and Skater XL.

It's very early build. Much of the graphic elements aren't in and it is MP only.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to see the character looking like they actually are grounded and animating well. Skate always sucked ass on foot. If they are paying attention to those kinds of details, it bodes well.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see you'll still be able to jump off your board and somersault straight into the pavement. Wouldn't be Skate without it.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That's definitely skate. alright. Game looks like it flows really well. I really dig the ability to pull yourself up onto ledges. Also doing hippy front flips is gonna be sick in lines.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Skate which is a good first step. And the off board stuff is already looking smoother than previous games. Same with those flips which presumably open the door for a bunch of new ways to chain off board into skating, and new ways to fail.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, pre-alpha footage that actually looks like a pre-alpha.

Definitely looks like Skate. Maybe modern systems means a modern physics engine that's more robust to going spasticated.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
my mind read the title as Shrek 4 pre alpha footage and i got weirdly excited to see wtf

im down for skate 4 though, feels like its been a fucking decade since it was leaked or mentioned or whatever. hope it's great. aint got time for good games these days i need some choice shit you feel me

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Nice, it looks like it plays great. I love the climbing. I could see that opening the game up a bit. It would be fun to climb up and take some risky jumps to get to a cool spot.

Bastinho13

Jun 20, 2021
So any guesses on release date then? Seems like 2+ years off from this pre alpha footage but I am not an expert :)