• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
That's a good sign, Ubi is releasing a complete game instead of early access.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to that Watchdogs 3 announcement though I do hope it's more of a sequel to the second game as opposed to the first one. WD2 has some of the best writing in all of their open world franchises despite some unfortunate missteps later in the game. Stuff like the mission at fake Google and its perspective on what it's like to work in an environment like that as a minority was surprising and welcome at the same time. Would like to see more of that and less of whatever the fuck Aiden Pearce was supposed to be.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I imagine at this point, they're basically pushing this to next-gen and rebuilding assets to keep up.

This game has been such an odd disaster. On reveal, it genuinely seemed like the trailer could've ended with 'out now'. A multiplayer game that just lifted the AC ship mechanics seems super easy to put together, and I don't think they really NEEDED to do major overhauls on what was already there. But now it's been three years, the project seems further from finished than ever, and even AC has kinda moved away from the boat stuff. No pun intended, but the ship has sailed on this concept.

As for the three unannounced titles for this fiscal - WATCH_DOGS 3 is largely confirmed, the new project from the Mario x Rabbids team should be ready, and I imagine the Avatar game that Massive was working on is the third. (If Avatar 2 was originally scheduled for a late 2020 launch, a game in Spring 2020 doesn't seem impossible. And a major game release could help reintroduce the brand ahead of the next movie.)

Edit - Splinter Cell also seems totally doable. Maybe that instead of Avatar.

it wont be avatar
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisofts-new-avatar-game-is-not-coming-anytime-soo/1100-6459240/

""Avatar is one of the biggest and most powerful entertainment brands ... we have great plans for the new one, with a very strong studio and engine. The movie will be released end of 2020, so our game won't be released before FY21," the representative said."

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Watch Dogs is a lock.
Splinter Cell seems likely now.
I'm hoping the third one is another Nintendo collaboration, as others have said.

barksi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Watch Dogs 3 and obviously Ghost Recon Breakpoint, but what about the other two... is game like Mario & Rabbids considered AAA? I think it's too early for Beyond Good and Evil 2 and... can we get a new Splinter Cell game after all? I guess no one knows how far in development that game really is...
Maybe that Avatar game?

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe the original Skull & Bones got approved in the first place. Seemed needlessly confusing.

Sawzer

Nov 5, 2017
Splinter Cell is very early in development and, most likely, won't be at this year's E3.

So other than WD3 it is a mystery what these 2 unannounced AAA are

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watchy Doggos 3: Who Walks the Watch Dogs?
The artist formerly known as Prince of Persia
Pokémon + Splinter Cell: Tactical Animal Fight Action

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm in the Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell + Nintendo Collab camp. I'm hoping it's not Mario X Rabbids 2 though - that's gonna happen, but I'd rather they do something else first. mostly because I don't like those kinda of strategy games

As for Skull & Bones, I'd love it if they fleshed it out into an evolution of Black Flag, turning it into a full-on RPG. Keep the multiplayer , but if it's just that there's zero chance of me buying in.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft should secure a deal with DC to make a superhero game.

Anyway, this seems like it all but confirms the theory that they're reworking this to add a single player mode.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather the BR be...skull and bones. A huge ocean of just sinking other ships for 20 minutes.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
They really went back to the drawing board with Skull & Bones, huh. That's actually pretty encouraging.
You could tell after the huge enthusiasm people had over the game and basically everyone saying "we want to play as the pirate too,not just the ship!" That Ubisoft went from a smaller scale/budget game to a much larger more intricate game cause they saw how the audience was there and frothing at the mouth for it

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Scope, production size, budget etc is what I'm guessing.

So a sequel to a 2 million plus selling game (as of 2018), with the most recognizable figure in the industry, on a platform that is selling roughly at the same rate as the PS4 was selling at the time, wouldn't be considered AAA? I mean come on...

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I feel confident in Watch Dogs 3, somewhat confident in a new Nintendo collaboration... But that third game is throwing me for a loop.

No AC this year, Splinter Cell likely too early, Avatar likely too early, BG&E2 likely too early... Maybe a surprise new IP or For Honor sequel?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Watch Dogs 3
Splinter Cell

Both seem like locks

Game #3 is very interesting. Hopefully it's not something predictable.
Beyond Good & Evil won't be coming out this FY but that has to be well into development at this point

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Maybe S&B is getting a big single player story!

When it was revealed I was excited. But then it was a shared-world online game and I deflated.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm, I wonder if Watch Dogs 3 will be November 2019 then, and a different/new game in March 2020. That would be sweet! There is definitely room this Fall for Watch Dogs.

Tanner

Oct 25, 2017
I think Watch Dogs 3 and Splinter Cell are the two obvious ones. I still feel like it may be a little early for a Mario + Rabbids sequel, any chance it's a Rayman game exclusive to Switch? Would line up with reports that Nintendo has one more big unannounced game releasing this year.