• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
So a sequel to a 2 million plus selling game (as of 2018), with the most recognizable figure in the industry, on a platform that is selling roughly at the same rate as the PS4 was selling at the time, wouldn't be considered AAA? I mean come on...
Not sure why you are getting worked up. All their other games are huge sellers usually in the 8+ million range. I can see why someone would think Ubisoft might not consider m+r on a single platform a huge AAA game.

Oct 25, 2017
According to Zhuge, Splinter Cell is not a lock

It's in development, but it's probably super early. If they were going to announce one, it would probably just be a CGI trailer.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Not sure why you are getting worked up. All their other games are huge sellers usually in the 8+ million range. I can see why someone would think Ubisoft might not consider m+r on a single platform a huge AAA game.

No one is getting worked up. I just find it funny that people wouldn't consider that game AAA.

Oct 25, 2017
Considering these are supposed to be fiscal year titles, I am surprised nothing has leaked.

Watch Dogs 3 is basically an open secret since WD2 got updated to show the next game was happening in London... but we've actually seen nothing in regards to it.

Elginer

Oct 30, 2017
Florida
Jesus, I am so looking forward to this game and it keeps being delayed D:

I swear they are making a full on "run around as your guy" game now and hence the tons of extra time
I certainly hope so. Game looks gorgeous but I need more than ship combat for my Pirate fix. Have some quests on land and treasure hunts and sword fighting. I need a proper pirate game. Ubisoft I believe can do it so I really really hope they do more than ship combat.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
No one is getting worked up. I just find it funny that people wouldn't consider that game AAA.
Because the budget, scope and size of team working on that game is nowhere near what an assassins creed, watch dogs, division, ghost recon etc... require. Those have like a 1000 people working on them at any given time.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Another sports game from the Steep team?

The Crew 3- cruising around the EU?

Plus possibly another Nintendo collaboration.

I don't see Ubi trying to sell ghost Recon GAAS and an open-world WD3 so close to each other. I could be wrong, obv, but I think it's best to keep our estimates conservative.

Ubi is also relaunching The Settlers in the fall, but I somehow doubt that'd qualify as AAA.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
- Nintendo collaboration
- Watch Dogs 3
- Child of Light 2

(Believe.)

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
hopefully this means that they are adding hand to hand combat. It was so boring to watch a black flag clone and then just float up next to a ship to tap a button to board and win

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
WB has nowhere near Ubisoft workforce, same goes to EA, making games takes time, a lot of time.

They've had an entire generation. AT this point, it's obvious that Ubisoft is the model. They've figured out how to make quality AAA titles in a reasonable amount of time. Their titles sell great, and their monetization models for GaaS isn't nearly as disgusting as other publishers.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
As a Brit Watch Dogs 3 on the streets of London is going to be so great........please leave the guns out though,we don't really do them over here and it's going to really kill any sense of immersion,lol.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
So a sequel to a 2 million plus selling game (as of 2018), with the most recognizable figure in the industry, on a platform that is selling roughly at the same rate as the PS4 was selling at the time, wouldn't be considered AAA? I mean come on...
I mean.....No?

Usually the budget and workforce behind AAA titles require more than 2 million copies sold to be considered a success.

I just don't see how Mario rabbids compares to...any other current gen AAA game titles to be qualified as such.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Ubisoft has another Nintendo collab in the works. they had access to two Nintendo IPs so they aren't gonna stop now

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
They've had an entire generation. AT this point, it's obvious that Ubisoft is the model. They've figured out how to make quality AAA titles in a reasonable amount of time. Their titles sell great, and their monetization models for GaaS isn't nearly as disgusting as other publishers.

Ubisoft model needs 30+ studios working on all titles at the same time, Warner Bros games have less than 10 studios.
It's easy to release 4 AAA games every year when you can have more than 1000 people working on each of these titles.

EA makes way more money than Ubisoft despite not having a lot of AAA games every year, different businesses.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If a new Splinter Cell is indeed in development, I have to think it's a next-gen title. If that's the case I could see it not being revealed until next year at the earliest.

ZaddyMattty

Dec 4, 2017
New York City
I don;t think that Ubisoft considers Mario & Rabbids as AAA release.

They absolutely do. The game sold extremely well and is still getting new challenges. They also had several focus groups late last year with gamers who played the first. Presumedly, to see what they'd like to see in a sequel.

I say Ubi considers it AAA considering the sales of the original, continuous updates 2 years after launch, and the money they've spent on focus groups.

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Wait...what about that rumour of WD3 being next gen? Or cross gen?

Also, they are totally adding a robust single player in skull and bones

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
I am glad these guys got more time for the game and I really hope it will be good (love the concept) but if anyone is under the illusion that in the industry getting more time on a project = less crunch for the devs this (in my experience and my friends) is not true at all. Usually it means quality or vision / gameplay loop was not where it should have been at an internal milestone date and there is a huge amount of rework to be done even with the additional time, rather than just getting more time to populate the world with assets etc, . It is not 100% always the case and I hope for these guys they get a break but wouldn't bet money on it.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Remember when they revealed this game and people on gaf were all like "RIP Sea of thieves lol"?