• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, no Watch Dogs 3 in the end of year?

Looks like Watch Dogs 3 is an early 2020 title.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
So watch doggos
Too early for another far cry given new dawn
Splinter cell is possible
That space game maybe?
Been rayman the sequel to the goat 3d platformer the great escape do it yves!
Real talk id kill for an Ubisoft take on mass effect, Maybe that will be the next project by the starlink team (maybe get some better writers though)

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft model needs 30+ studios working on all titles at the same time, Warner Bros games have less than 10 studios.
It's easy to release 4 AAA games every year when you can have more than 1000 people working on each of these titles.

Well yeah, that's the point.

EA makes way more money than Ubisoft despite not having a lot of AAA games every year, different businesses.

They have the sports titles that do that. Without them I doubt they'd even come close to comparing, but they obviously want to develop more IP. There's obviously a model that exists which would allow them to do so.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Watch Dogs 3, Ghost Recon, I know they said Sull and Bones is delayed but maybe it could still reach before April next year? then maybe new IP or better yet Splinter Cell

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason I thought Skull and bones already released preformed poorly and had its support dropped.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'm spoiled by the Origins/Odyssey turnaround. holiday 2020 is going to be a long wait but for the better obviously

don't really care for watch doge or GR so i guess Division 2/New Dawn/Odyssey will be the last round of ubi games i play for awhile. though i'd like to be surprised

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Well it always seemed like a mini game, and looked pretty terrible compared to sea of thieves

keidash

Jan 31, 2018
I don't expect Splinter Cell this year, but I hope they can launch it during the fiscal year, a february/march launch could be perfect, this christmas they have covered with Recon and possibly Watchdogs 3... so I don't see any more AAA launch this period of time unless... it's a Switch exclusive title...

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Have people mentioned that one of these AAA games is likely to be Just Dance 2020?

Watch Dogs 2 seems to be a shoe-in. I really hope we get another Rayman (though I doubt they class that as AAA).

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
My guess:

- Watch Dogs 3
- Pioneer/space/sci-fi game new ip teased in WD2 and reworked
- proper new Far Cry (6) - was new dawn made by the same studio/s as 5?

So probably nothing for me yeah, as always.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, there it is - hard at work making a open world pirate game, so like Black Flag just without assassins. Bring it.

The AAA games this year are probably Watch Dogs, hopefully Splinter Cell, and something like Just Dance.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The reveal of this game was great, then afterwards reading about it and finding more info made it into one of the most disappointing games for me.

All the people that were basically begging Ubisoft for a full on pirate game (not held back by being an AC game) and instead of that the game was an MP focused game that didn't even allow you to get off your ship, go on land, or anything. From what I read it was structured more like say, For Honor.

I really hope they took the criticism to heart and decided to go full in on a good pirate themed game with single player, let us create a character, let us find people to crew our ship with their own skillsets and let them grow as we sail around doing missions and other things. Let us pick what flag to fly under or what type of thing we want to do. Be in the navy, be a privateer, a merchant ship, or sail under the jolly roger.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I smell people being crunched to death again.....:(
005vtjz4.jpg

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watch Dogs
Just Dance
Splinter Cell

Wild Card - a Rainbow Six game featuring the Siege operators but it's a story-driven campaign (and set-up for Siege 2)

Nov 28, 2017
There were 3 Splinter Cell titles last gen. THREE.

We're getting our first one this gen, let that sink in for a moment. For comparison, Blacklist released in the last year of the PS360. I get that install base argument and all for new consoles, but I really REALLY want the next SC to NOT be held back by the base consoles we have today and not just a port over to the new machines, like GTAV and quite possibly RDR2.

Especially for SC, because we don't have assurance of sequels every 2/3 years, like Watch-Dogs and AC do.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Have people mentioned that one of these AAA games is likely to be Just Dance 2020?

Watch Dogs 2 seems to be a shoe-in. I really hope we get another Rayman (though I doubt they class that as AAA).
watch dogs, just dance and the last ill leave a mystery.

nope just being reworked. they want it to be another for honor/rainbow six.
Ah, there it is - hard at work making a open world pirate game, so like Black Flag just without assassins. Bring it.

The AAA games this year are probably Watch Dogs, hopefully Splinter Cell, and something like Just Dance.
Watch Dogs
Just Dance
Splinter Cell

Wild Card - a Rainbow Six game featuring the Siege operators but it's a story-driven campaign (and set-up for Siege 2)

Even if Just Dance would be classified as AAA next iteration of JD definately wouldnt releasing in the Jan-Mar time frame, in which all 3 unannounced games will released according to Zhuge.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if Just Dance would be classified as AAA next iteration of JD definately wouldnt releasing in the Jan-Mar time frame, in which all 3 unannounced games will released according to Zhuge.

Just Dance retails for full price and sells better than almost anything else Ubisoft has

If that isn't classified as AAA, I don't know what is

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Just Dance retails for full price and sells better than almost anything else Ubisoft has

If that isn't classified as AAA, I don't know what is

It's been many years since JD was one of the best selling Ubisoft franchises, and they keep producing them despite the very diminishing sales. It's not a AAA production despite that it used to sell AAA numbers.

However, you are totally ignoring the point I was making, JD wont release in the mentioned time frame so it wont be one of those AAA games.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been many years since JD was one of the best selling Ubisoft franchises, and they keep producing them despite the very diminishing sales. It's not a AAA production despite that it used to sell AAA numbers.

However, you are totally ignoring the point I was making, JD wont release in the mentioned time frame so it wont be one of those AAA games.

I'm not ignoring your point, I'm just not giving it full credibility because sometimes people with second-hand information are wrong.

And one AAA game per month doesn't make much sense.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing they ever showed of Skull & Bones looked particularly exciting or ambitious tbh. Different games and all but Sea Of Thieves, one year later, is a very complete and varied game, and I just can't see Ubisoft's title competing with that based on what we saw so far. Seems like more time on it is the right idea.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not ignoring your point, I'm just not giving it full credibility because sometimes people with second-hand information are wrong.

And one AAA game per month doesn't make much sense.

No I agree that it's a rough schedule. I can see this being true though if one of them happens to be exclusive to Nintendo.. some sort of collaboration. The other two would likely be for the twins/PC - Things like WD3 and possibly Splinter Cell or another game with lots of horsepower.

Capcom, a much smaller production studio released 2 AAA games in 1,5 months, Ubisoft can definately 1 up that.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome.
I wasn't so hot on a For Honor model game anyway, so I'm glad they are taking their time and making it better.

No matter how you look at it, if they have delayed it then it will be better product then before.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Watch Dogs
Just Dance
Splinter Cell

There will be no Siege 2 (they said so themselves), but I definitely think we could see a Rainbow Six game based on the Siege lore.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Watch Dogs 3
Mario + Rabbids "2" (whether it'll be called that is another matter)
then it's a toss up for the third game, in order of likelihood imo: Pioneer, For Honor 2, new unknown IP, Steep 2, BG&E2

Splinter Cell is early next-gen, Siege 2 will be next-gen and Rayman will only happen after BG&E2.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay well do you think the lead up to Siege 2 would be at the end of this fiscal year? And they did say they have no plans for a Siege 2.

1. I said it was a wild card pick
2. the fact that it could be a set-up for a sequel is a secondary point
3. why would it matter when they do lore set-up for a sequel anyway?
4. they said they have no plans for a sequel at this time.... because they plan to meet the 80-100 operator bar they set for themselves. they absolutely did not say they aren't going to make a sequel. if you think they won't make one after how much money this game has been making since 2015, i don't know what to tell you. siege made more money (net revenue) in 2018 than overwatch did. you don't abandon something like that.

DxYrHl0V4AEZnXC.jpg:large