• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

mERSTQw.png

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/...ow confcall _tcm99-349885_tcm99-196733-32.pdf

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Jesus, I am so looking forward to this game and it keeps being delayed D:

I swear they are making a full on "run around as your guy" game now and hence the tons of extra time

Oct 30, 2017
Surely that confirms that they're implementing a Black Flag-esque singleplayer. No way this game is that far out after having been at two E3's and ends up just being a ship game. It looked finished.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Good. Hopefully we can get that Pirate game we deserve. Let us free roam around on land. Give us a proper story campaign instead of a multiplayer-only ship battle game. Make it Black Flag 2 and everything will be good :)

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I had the impression that the game was coming out soon after last E3... Did they ever end up having that beta?

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Nice to see Ubisoft letting their games cook. Take note EA and Bethesda.

Would Just Dance be considered AAA? Maybe not.

Nice to see Watch Dogs 3 is all but confirmed for E3.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about Skull & Bones, what with the recent release of Sea of Thieves Arena mode. Good to hear the team's getting the time it needs, though I was definitely looking forward to seeing more of the game at E3.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Come one Splinter cell! Show Konami how it's done!

Also, im making the assumption that SoT has really set a high bar for a pirate adventure games, they perhaps want some of that co-op audience.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
The game looked really promising. Its probably releasing next year or its being re-worked from its core to come out as a next-gen release. Sending the team good vibes on the long road ahead and super looking forward to its next showing.

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they're significantly reworking it to include proper single player, on-foot gameplay or both.

But three more AAA games in addition to Gbost Recon?! Whoa. Watch Dogs 3 is a given but I wonder what the others could be with no AC this year.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I imagine at this point, they're basically pushing this to next-gen and rebuilding assets to keep up.

This game has been such an odd disaster. On reveal, it genuinely seemed like the trailer could've ended with 'out now'. A multiplayer game that just lifted the AC ship mechanics seems super easy to put together, and I don't think they really NEEDED to do major overhauls on what was already there. But now it's been three years, the project seems further from finished than ever, and even AC has kinda moved away from the boat stuff. No pun intended, but the ship has sailed on this concept.

As for the three unannounced titles for this fiscal - WATCH_DOGS 3 is largely confirmed, the new project from the Mario x Rabbids team should be ready, and I imagine the Avatar game that Massive was working on is the third. (If Avatar 2 was originally scheduled for a late 2020 launch, a game in Spring 2020 doesn't seem impossible. And a major game release could help reintroduce the brand ahead of the next movie.)

Edit - Splinter Cell also seems totally doable. Maybe that instead of Avatar.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Man, I enjoyed the reveal of Skull & Bones, but it seems they haven't been able to get it to work yet. There must be some possible middle ground between World of Warships and Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Obviously they are teaming up with Nintendo after a successful original spinoff and the version of a game with crossover content outselling the others by a wide margin

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if it's 3 new games for this year, then i can see one of them being a new collaboration with nintendo. they probably do consider games of mario+rabbid's scale "AAA".

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I don;t think that Ubisoft considers Mario & Rabbids as AAA release.
I doubt it'd be a pure sequel - but I could easily see Ubisoft putting that team on a bigger IP after the success of the first game. If they continue the partnership with Nintendo, maybe that's adding the budget to make even a small franchise into a AAA release.

What I'm saying is that team is definitely working on a huge reboot of Advance Wars for the Switch, hitting store shelves this Christmas.